Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fox Hunting 08:39 - May 26 with 9854 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

If, like me, you think this cruel "sport" should remain banned, please click on the following link and add your name to the cause to stop D.Cameron from attempting to repeal the current existing fox hunting ban:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/do-not-repeal-the-fox-hunting-ban
Fox Hunting on 14:43 - May 26 with 7673 viewsjohncharles

Done.
I was brought up on a farm. Sometimes a raiding fox would be shot. Quick and simple. The fox responsible was shot in the act. We did not organise a posse and kill his wife and kids or any other old, pregnant or unlucky fox. Most farmers I knew at the time thought it was barbaric.
It's land OWNERS that go hunting.

Strong and stable my arse.

Fox Hunting on 14:55 - May 26 with 7658 viewsTheBlob

Please ignore the nonsense about mass unemployment as a result of a ban.Cannot these barbarians go back to the practice of cannibalism to slake their appetites?Pledge your support,but also remember other cruelties around the world like chucking donkeys off high buildings and hanging greyhounds.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fox Hunting on 15:03 - May 26 with 7618 viewsJuzzie

Signed. Utterly barbaric.

Same with killing millions of sharks each year because people are 'afraid' of them when you are hundreds of times more likely to get kicked in the head by a donkey at a fairground than getting attacked by a shark

Sharks do not hunt humans. They mistake a few for seals (American or English tourists probably).
Fox Hunting on 15:05 - May 26 with 7613 viewsGloucs_R

Done.

I have no problem with pest control but chasing an animal across fields and then allowing it to be ripped apart for "fun" is vile and disgusts me.

Sadly, lots of "Keep on hunting" stickers on cars where I live.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fox Hunting on 15:36 - May 26 with 7568 viewsBluce_Ree

Use foxes to hunt tories.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Fox Hunting on 15:37 - May 26 with 7565 viewszicoshoops

'ere me now
For real
Aight.'

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Fox Hunting on 15:41 - May 26 with 7544 viewsrobith

Putting the barbarity of the "sport" to one side for a moment, with Britain as is in 2015, is this seriously priority number one for our new government??
Fox Hunting on 15:44 - May 26 with 7531 viewsGloucs_R

Fox Hunting on 15:41 - May 26 by robith

Putting the barbarity of the "sport" to one side for a moment, with Britain as is in 2015, is this seriously priority number one for our new government??

Not sure the Govt has said its a priority?!?!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Fox Hunting on 15:54 - May 26 with 7501 viewsSnipper

Signed.
Fox Hunting on 16:04 - May 26 with 7480 viewsDiscodroids

i'll have a word with my local MP and welfare reformer ian duncan smith to see if we can use foxes to hunt incapacity benefit claiments.

surely no god fearing mind can object to that.

moreover ,mr duncan smith could use the hunt to disprove claims if they manage to evade capture , saving this country much needed fiscal funds.

if they can escape these rapid rabid red vermin , they should be declared fit for work in the mines.

in way of fairness , i propose a head start for wheelchair users , say 60 seconds.

if i can be of any assistance blooding the young male riders in their tight jodphurs, please do not hesitate to call

the right hon Major Scrote foxton smythe
tunbridge wells
Angry
[Post edited 26 May 2015 16:08]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fox Hunting on 16:32 - May 26 with 7425 viewsstowmarketrange

Fox Hunting on 14:55 - May 26 by TheBlob

Please ignore the nonsense about mass unemployment as a result of a ban.Cannot these barbarians go back to the practice of cannibalism to slake their appetites?Pledge your support,but also remember other cruelties around the world like chucking donkeys off high buildings and hanging greyhounds.

If they chase the scent of a fox instead of the real thing,there would still be the same number of people employed in the sport,but without the cruelty inflicted on a defenceless animal.
The sport would still be the same for everybody but the fox.
Fox Hunting on 16:39 - May 26 with 7406 viewsMancR

Obviously hate this nonsense but there are far greater problems with the way animals are treated in this country. Then again even battery farmed chickens here have more rights than those poor souls being tricked and drowned in the worlds seas.
Our planet is a truly f××××d up place.
Fox Hunting on 17:00 - May 26 with 7377 viewsGetMeRangers

While I have never understood the thrill of hunting, one aspect of a ban (and I dont mean the half arsed ban there is at the moment) is that farmers/ land owners see less need to tolerate foxes. Many of the areas where a full ban is in place, there are little or no foxes. All removed/ shot as vermin. The 'English' countryside idyll of hedgerows and thickets removed as they impede efficient farming and no need is required to provide a haven for nature.

Personally, I think the law should remain as it is, even though it is half arsed. It is the way that we will continue to have rural foxes, rather than just the swarms in urban areas.

What does need to be tackled is the RSPCA and the like rounding up urban foxes and dumping them in the home counties. These animals are often disease and menge ridden and totally incapable of surviving in the wild. The worst case I know of was a farmer having to shoot nearly fifty sick and starving foxes dumped down in Surrey over a two day period. If they are vermin in towns, then they should be dealt with accordingly.
Fox Hunting on 17:11 - May 26 with 7357 viewsrobith

Fox Hunting on 15:44 - May 26 by Gloucs_R

Not sure the Govt has said its a priority?!?!

They've been in office a fortnight or so and the only three things they've talked about are the EU referendum, repealing human right and restoring fox hunting.

It's almost like they know Europe is going to rip them apart again and they're trying to force through the more obnoxious parts of their manifesto through as quickly as possible
Fox Hunting on 17:28 - May 26 with 7320 viewsAndyB

Fox Hunting on 17:00 - May 26 by GetMeRangers

While I have never understood the thrill of hunting, one aspect of a ban (and I dont mean the half arsed ban there is at the moment) is that farmers/ land owners see less need to tolerate foxes. Many of the areas where a full ban is in place, there are little or no foxes. All removed/ shot as vermin. The 'English' countryside idyll of hedgerows and thickets removed as they impede efficient farming and no need is required to provide a haven for nature.

Personally, I think the law should remain as it is, even though it is half arsed. It is the way that we will continue to have rural foxes, rather than just the swarms in urban areas.

What does need to be tackled is the RSPCA and the like rounding up urban foxes and dumping them in the home counties. These animals are often disease and menge ridden and totally incapable of surviving in the wild. The worst case I know of was a farmer having to shoot nearly fifty sick and starving foxes dumped down in Surrey over a two day period. If they are vermin in towns, then they should be dealt with accordingly.

I don't think anyone would dispute pest control.
It's the method.

Firstly it is barbaric
Secondly its a very small minority that support it (just have big gobs and influential supporters)
Thirdly - if you want to cull, then this method has to be the most inefficient way of doing something since British Leyland shut-down.
Fox Hunting on 17:47 - May 26 with 7291 viewsBklynRanger

Done. Eliteist bollox. When I was back over Xmas they were blocking up the whole road by my sister's house. Swanning around in their rustic finery. One of them fell sideways off her horse which was quite funny.
Fox Hunting on 18:17 - May 26 with 7255 viewsTheBlob

Well it's not your posh types that do this in west Wales,it's the farmers and their green clad acolytes who want to wander around looking macho with their shotguns and the .22's.I'd give 'em the w*nk sign but I don't fancy an overcoat full of buckshot.

Fox Hunting on 18:36 - May 26 with 7240 viewsGetMeRangers

Fox Hunting on 17:28 - May 26 by AndyB

I don't think anyone would dispute pest control.
It's the method.

Firstly it is barbaric
Secondly its a very small minority that support it (just have big gobs and influential supporters)
Thirdly - if you want to cull, then this method has to be the most inefficient way of doing something since British Leyland shut-down.

I agree it is barbaric

Inefficient... depends on what outcome you want. Something like only one in three hunts results in a fox being shot. The hunts removed the old, sick or lame, which also tend to be the foxes which trouble livestock. Areas that have hunts see the benefits of having foxes in the countryside to control other pests, such as rabbits. It is when foxes start attacking their livestock that a hunt is called in. A case of survival for the fittest foxes and not for those that arent. Cruel as nature is.

I dont agree with hunting, but if a healthy fox population is to remain in teh countryside, someone needs to come up with a more efficient way of only removing the old, sick etc from that population so that livestock and foxes can live side by side

Trust me, shooting foxes is not as easy as you might want to suppose. Unlike urban foxes, feral foxes keep a good distance from man. If you dont get a clean shot, you will be sentencing the animal to a slow, lingering and painful death

Still, farmers could just opt for a zero tolerance and remove foxes all together and England's landscape could become more 'industrial' looking farming. However half arsed the law is at the moment, I think it should remain as is and certainly should not be repelled
Fox Hunting on 18:43 - May 26 with 7225 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Chucking donkeys off high buildings?? WTF???
Fox Hunting on 18:47 - May 26 with 7213 viewsTheBlob

Fox Hunting on 18:43 - May 26 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Chucking donkeys off high buildings?? WTF???

In a town in Spain(can't remember which)once a year - religious festival,what else? - supposed to symbolise the chucking out of The Moors.

Fox Hunting on 18:52 - May 26 with 7204 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Fox Hunting on 18:47 - May 26 by TheBlob

In a town in Spain(can't remember which)once a year - religious festival,what else? - supposed to symbolise the chucking out of The Moors.

Not happy stabbing bulls, the swarthy conts have got to drag some poor donkey up 20 flights of stairs and lob off the roof onto some poor unsuspecting fox.

Do we need a referendum to be a part of these backward idiots?
[Post edited 26 May 2015 18:53]
Fox Hunting on 19:36 - May 26 with 7142 viewsjohncharles

Fox Hunting on 18:36 - May 26 by GetMeRangers

I agree it is barbaric

Inefficient... depends on what outcome you want. Something like only one in three hunts results in a fox being shot. The hunts removed the old, sick or lame, which also tend to be the foxes which trouble livestock. Areas that have hunts see the benefits of having foxes in the countryside to control other pests, such as rabbits. It is when foxes start attacking their livestock that a hunt is called in. A case of survival for the fittest foxes and not for those that arent. Cruel as nature is.

I dont agree with hunting, but if a healthy fox population is to remain in teh countryside, someone needs to come up with a more efficient way of only removing the old, sick etc from that population so that livestock and foxes can live side by side

Trust me, shooting foxes is not as easy as you might want to suppose. Unlike urban foxes, feral foxes keep a good distance from man. If you dont get a clean shot, you will be sentencing the animal to a slow, lingering and painful death

Still, farmers could just opt for a zero tolerance and remove foxes all together and England's landscape could become more 'industrial' looking farming. However half arsed the law is at the moment, I think it should remain as is and certainly should not be repelled

Shooting foxes that are causing problems is dead easy. All this stuff about hunting being an efficient way of control is just bollox.
Some years ago my (retired) Dad told me about a neighbour of ours. He said "do you remember old Glyn ? Old Glyn ? My Dad was about 75 at the time so I guess Glyn would north of 85. He had a fox trying to get at his chickens so next night, he went and hid in the old stable next to the henhouse and waited. Along came the fox, off went the 12 bore " If an old guy of at least 85 can do it how come we're asked to believe it takes 30 horsemen and between fifty and a hundred dogs?

Strong and stable my arse.

Fox Hunting on 19:46 - May 26 with 7130 viewsbosh67

Done.

Lodges are doing very well out of drag hunting with a scent. Ridiculous to even consider hunting foxes again. Just another toff law most in this country have voted for. What the f*ck was this country thinking. A government run by millionaires. We are the stupidest nation on earth!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fox Hunting on 19:58 - May 26 with 7118 viewssix_foot_two

Fox Hunting on 19:36 - May 26 by johncharles

Shooting foxes that are causing problems is dead easy. All this stuff about hunting being an efficient way of control is just bollox.
Some years ago my (retired) Dad told me about a neighbour of ours. He said "do you remember old Glyn ? Old Glyn ? My Dad was about 75 at the time so I guess Glyn would north of 85. He had a fox trying to get at his chickens so next night, he went and hid in the old stable next to the henhouse and waited. Along came the fox, off went the 12 bore " If an old guy of at least 85 can do it how come we're asked to believe it takes 30 horsemen and between fifty and a hundred dogs?

The whole pest control excuse is crap, I live in a rural area of Suffolk I know someone connected to a hunt he told me there are so few foxes sympathetic farmers trap them they the release them just in front of the pack .
Fox Hunting on 20:06 - May 26 with 7102 viewswgchoop

Id like to make a suggestion how about a chris Ramsey hunt ??? No doubt we would have a few participants from this site ??? Oh wait it's already started
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024