Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts? 18:33 - Jul 7 with 1714 viewsjonestones

So how do you think the squad is shaping up?

I'm gutted that hewitt's services have not been secured. However the signings we have made all seem to be sensible / good value for money additions. Is it to early to have the annual pre-season optimism?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 18:33]
Thoughts? on 19:30 - Jul 7 with 1693 viewsbwildered

Are the signings over ?

Is it time to have a bite of Leadbellys Pie (Chart) .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Thoughts? on 19:49 - Jul 7 with 1689 viewsFruitbat

Having this very conversation at work yesterday. The consensus was that this squad is looking better than the squad that started last season. We've certainly upgraded both full backs from then, and have a better centre forward.

Notwithstanding a fit Drey Wright I think we're still a wide player short (which could well end up being Elliot Hewitt - he hasn't signed for anyone else yet) and maybe still short of numbers at the back, don't expect Tom Eastman to go through another whole season unscathed or un-suspended, but with a month to go I'm reasonably happy with the way its shaping up.

Would guess at a current starting 11 of

Walker
Brindley. Eastman. Elokobi. Briggs
Gilbey. Edwards. Moncur
Massey. Porter. Wright

Bench

Lewington
Wynter
Kent
Szmodics
Lapslie
DSF
Bonne
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 19:54]
Thoughts? on 20:47 - Jul 7 with 1665 viewsLeadbelly

Don't disagree too much with Fruitbat's summary. I too suspect Hewitt will sign for us and also that we will make some loan signings, probably once the season starts. I would like to see one more older head in the squad but wouldn't put money on it.

One question for those that get to watch U21 and reserve games...which players do you think could be elevated to the first team squad this season?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Thoughts? on 14:15 - Jul 8 with 1619 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Thoughts? on 19:49 - Jul 7 by Fruitbat

Having this very conversation at work yesterday. The consensus was that this squad is looking better than the squad that started last season. We've certainly upgraded both full backs from then, and have a better centre forward.

Notwithstanding a fit Drey Wright I think we're still a wide player short (which could well end up being Elliot Hewitt - he hasn't signed for anyone else yet) and maybe still short of numbers at the back, don't expect Tom Eastman to go through another whole season unscathed or un-suspended, but with a month to go I'm reasonably happy with the way its shaping up.

Would guess at a current starting 11 of

Walker
Brindley. Eastman. Elokobi. Briggs
Gilbey. Edwards. Moncur
Massey. Porter. Wright

Bench

Lewington
Wynter
Kent
Szmodics
Lapslie
DSF
Bonne
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 19:54]

I think that starting XI and squad is spot on barring any further signings.

I agree that we need another wide player. I think we're in good shape defensively now and wouldn't expect anymore signings in that area. Humes must be looking at bringing in another forward though, what would happen if Porter got injured?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Thoughts? on 20:24 - Jul 8 with 1589 viewsBarsidepete

Thoughts? on 14:15 - Jul 8 by RSCOSWORTH

I think that starting XI and squad is spot on barring any further signings.

I agree that we need another wide player. I think we're in good shape defensively now and wouldn't expect anymore signings in that area. Humes must be looking at bringing in another forward though, what would happen if Porter got injured?

Aggree totally, RS. I am so not concerned. We saw the youth movement happening although it gave us heart palpitations for a few years. There is so much promise. A solid veteran, pay him what he wants, that will seal the deal. No concern at all about the fate of the U's 15/16. If we simply stay up, whatever.

My main thought is, fight for a playoff spot and be productive. Relegation? Not a chance.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Thoughts? on 19:02 - Jul 9 with 1527 viewsnoah4x4

Don't forget Dion Sembie-Ferris and Tosin Olefumi. Two stars if the under 21's that are due to make that final breakthrough.

One hopes Drey Wright is again fit, but these young wide men won't disappoint.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2015 19:05]
Thoughts? on 09:18 - Jul 13 with 1434 viewsColukev

We definitely need another winger, Murphy would be superb, what with Norwich back in the prem, I cant see him getting much game time.

Another striker for sure, we need someone who is going to knock in 15+, and Porter isn't going to be that man. Would seriously love Cureton back on a years deal, class is permanent as he shows year on year.

Those 2 signings, and I would be delighted with our dealings. Mid table is a minimum. As great as the Preston game was, not sure my ticker can go another season!

I've really changed my opinion on Humes. His dealings in the transfer market have been second to none, pretty much saved us from relegation on his own (as far as any manager could from behind the lines).

Excited for the season ahead.
Thoughts? on 14:00 - Jul 14 with 1362 viewsStripeyBlueBoy

Think we need some big men on the wing, speed is overrated these days!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024