Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? 09:16 - Sep 18 with 4352 viewsJonDoeman

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/18/fifpro-transfer-fees-could-go-fi

What will happen to little clubs if they can't sell players ?

It Is What It Is !!

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 4309 viewsAntti_Heinola

plenty of very sensible points in there, to be fair. interesting.

Bare bones.

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 10:41 - Sep 18 with 4297 viewsDWQPR

Limiting the amount that agents gets paid is fair enough, however all this will mean is that players will get even bigger salaries and smaller clubs will suffer even more as they could develop players without any financial reward. Personally I can see this being a huge nail in the coffin for much of professional football, and ultimately FifPro will end up with a much smaller membership as players are made redundant right across Europe, or end up going part time. Would be lovely to go back to how things were pre-Bosman, pre-home sides keeping all their own gate receipts and when clubs could dream of getting into the top division and winning a trophy, be it the league or a cup. And most definitely it would be great to go back to the days pre-SKY.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 11:06 - Sep 18 with 4269 viewsloftboy

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 10:41 - Sep 18 by DWQPR

Limiting the amount that agents gets paid is fair enough, however all this will mean is that players will get even bigger salaries and smaller clubs will suffer even more as they could develop players without any financial reward. Personally I can see this being a huge nail in the coffin for much of professional football, and ultimately FifPro will end up with a much smaller membership as players are made redundant right across Europe, or end up going part time. Would be lovely to go back to how things were pre-Bosman, pre-home sides keeping all their own gate receipts and when clubs could dream of getting into the top division and winning a trophy, be it the league or a cup. And most definitely it would be great to go back to the days pre-SKY.

Agree with all that, clubs like Crewe who develop players to sell will probably go bust, let the big five or six piss off and join their super league run by sky whilst the other 86 clubs can form a competitive non money incentived league

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 11:12 - Sep 18 with 4262 viewsQPR_John

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 10:41 - Sep 18 by DWQPR

Surely you cannot think the Bosman ruling was wrong
Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 11:33 - Sep 18 with 4246 viewsblacky200

Europe about to meddle with football transfer fees ? on 11:12 - Sep 18 by QPR_John

Surely you cannot think the Bosman ruling was wrong

I don't think the Bosman ruling was wrong but it has given far too much power to the player. Football needs to sort out a transfer system that is fair to both the player and club. I don't have any ideas on how to do this but it needs doing.
Also I think that agents get far too much. How can an agent get a fee from both the player and the club? Surely an agent is there to get the best deal possible for the player. How can a player think their agent is trying to do their best for him when the club also has a hand in the agents activities. Actor's agents are paid by the actor not the film studios too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024