Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Double Daniels 19:44 - Oct 23 with 756 viewsBlue4U2

Is this the first time in our illustrious history that we have had a different player called Daniels score against us in consecutive matches??

Or indeed has this ever happened to any other side?
Double Daniels on 20:25 - Oct 23 with 753 viewswessex_exile

I don't have the stats (or the memory) to back me up, but I'll wager a pound to a penny that different players called Smith, Jones, Williams, Taylor or Brown must have scored against us in consecutive matches at some point in our illustrious history?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Double Daniels on 22:51 - Oct 23 with 726 viewsmfb_cufc

That's what I call magic.

mfb

Double Daniels on 22:59 - Oct 23 with 722 viewsLeadbelly

Double Daniels on 22:51 - Oct 23 by mfb_cufc

That's what I call magic.

"So Debbie, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" Mrs Merton to Mrs Daniels. Classic.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Double Daniels on 09:39 - Oct 24 with 692 viewsBlue4U2

Double Daniels on 20:25 - Oct 23 by wessex_exile

I don't have the stats (or the memory) to back me up, but I'll wager a pound to a penny that different players called Smith, Jones, Williams, Taylor or Brown must have scored against us in consecutive matches at some point in our illustrious history?

I think you're probably right about Smith & Jones....

Calling all statisticians - Noah?

Do you have a definitive answer to this please?
Double Daniels on 11:47 - Oct 24 with 674 viewsbwildered

In consecutive league games at the start of the 1989 season , two different Watson's score against the U's for Halifax & Grimsby ( but a league cup fixture was sandwiched between those stated ) .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Double Daniels on 11:55 - Oct 24 with 673 viewsTheOldOakTree

For the over 50's only, did someone say Double Diamond? Thank God for CAMRA!

If I remember correctly the keg version (please excuse my bad language) was like making love in a canoe.

Double Daniels on 17:39 - Oct 24 with 659 viewsnoah4x4

Double Daniels on 09:39 - Oct 24 by Blue4U2

I think you're probably right about Smith & Jones....

Calling all statisticians - Noah?

Do you have a definitive answer to this please?

I can reliably inform everybody that a 'Noah' has never scored against the U's, nor have we enjoyed a defender of that name capable of avoiding the occasional flood of goals.

As regards a 'Smith & Jones', or any 'Tom, Dick & Harry' scoring in consecutive games; I suspect it happened quite often in past drawn cup rounds and their replays in the days when an interim league game was likely to be cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024