Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United 19:20 - Nov 6 with 2306 viewsdurham_exile

This week - no glib headlines, puns or attempted humour, it is all about doing a professional job and leaving the Grosvenor Vale ground with a victory.

TH knows what is at stake - the much heralded banana skin notwithstanding, nothing less than a win will do tomorrow.

The U's have been boosted by the return from injury of Gavin Massey. He will be on the bench at Wealdstone and could be expected to get 30 minutes under his belt. Jamie Jones may be fit, but if not Parish stands by to play.

The U's must play with intensity and passion and more than match their opponents in every department. Put simply a professional job from start to finish and no excuses for the state of the playing surface, the use of the high ball, the muscular approach from the National League team and dubious refereeing decisions or even the threat of a 41 year old Scott McGleish and ex Colchester striker..

Likely team:

Parish

Olufemi Eastman Elokobi Briggs

Gilbey Garvan Moncur Ambrose

Harriott Sordell

Subs:

Jones Edwards Sembie-Ferris Bonne Lapslie Massey Curtis

Approximately 450 U's fans will cheer on the team tomorrow. The nonsense that has been spoken about segregation or lack of it must be ignored, it is all about the football and the result.

Safe journey, enjoy the game and make sure that it is the U's name that goes into the draw for Round Two on Monday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 23:19 - Nov 7 with 677 viewsnoah4x4

"This week no glib headlines, no puns; no attempts at humour".... eh Durham?

OK, but one indulgence....

Bonne Fire Night?
F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 08:09 - Nov 8 with 624 viewsdurham_exile

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 23:19 - Nov 7 by noah4x4

"This week no glib headlines, no puns; no attempts at humour".... eh Durham?

OK, but one indulgence....

Bonne Fire Night?

Noah - bonne was indeed a revelation.

It was all about the performance and result and the U's delivered in spades.

We now need a decent draw on Monday evening.

Coventry City will provide a stern test but they may be without both Kent and Armstrong which would be a big loss for them.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 14:58 - Nov 8 with 555 viewsbwildered

Oh dear , remberance weekend, Garrison town and home of the Para's . No poppies on shirts .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 17:00 - Nov 8 with 527 viewsBarsidepete

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 14:58 - Nov 8 by bwildered

Oh dear , remberance weekend, Garrison town and home of the Para's . No poppies on shirts .

Yeah.

My Grandpop and Pop were in wars. Well, we do have Veteran's Day coming up here 11-11. Oh well, an oversight there.

God bless all veterans.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 19:35 - Nov 8 with 491 viewswessex_exile

F A Cup 1st Round Proper - Wealdstone v Colchester United on 14:58 - Nov 8 by bwildered

Indeed not, which I was slightly surprised at, but I'm not overly concerned to be honest, given we do so much else in support of our troops - far more than most I'd wager?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024