Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan Holman 17:27 - Jan 5 with 1169 viewsburnsieespana

Can't say it is a surprise but left us today for Cheltenham.
Always thought it was a desperation signing by Joe D and never thought he was better than players like Bonne and Drey Wright with whom he must have been competing for a place.
Although don't suppose he was on big money hopefully it will help KK make a couple of decent season changing signings when combined with the FA Cup money he allegedly also has to spend.
Dan Holman on 18:54 - Jan 5 with 1140 viewswessex_exile

I know there have been plenty calling for his recall, given his goal-scoring record with Woking, but three managers have now considered him (presumably including Keen) and clearly none thought he was ready for first team League 1 football. As you say, probably a rash purchase by Joe, but I have to accept their collective professional judgement that he wasn't going to be a good fit at Colchester United.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dan Holman on 19:24 - Jan 5 with 1123 viewsbwildered

Had previously been on trial at Southend, when Joe Dunne then took a look, after playing at Braintree the previous season . The feeling must have been would improve with a two year contract. Perhaps in hindsight the loans out should have been league two level only .
Best wishes to him.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Dan Holman on 22:18 - Jan 5 with 1099 viewsnoah4x4

Quote; Gary Johnson, Cheltenham Manager .....is a proven goal scorer at this level". Why add the qualification? But if the perception is that he is merely non-league pedigree it perhaps says all. Maybe that is why his contract is only for five months.
Dan Holman on 18:04 - Jan 6 with 1042 viewsFruitbat

Dan Holman on 22:18 - Jan 5 by noah4x4

Quote; Gary Johnson, Cheltenham Manager .....is a proven goal scorer at this level". Why add the qualification? But if the perception is that he is merely non-league pedigree it perhaps says all. Maybe that is why his contract is only for five months.

I suspect that is spot on. He was worth a try as he scored goals, was on the doorstep and probably fairly cheap but it didn't take JD long to decide he wasn't right and first Humes and now Keen haven't bothered to take a look. I would guess that he's better off at Cheltenham and we're better off putting whatever cash we've saved where it'll do more good.

As for the wailing and gnashing of teeth over his departure coming from some other quarters I just say that, when you're losing there's no better player than one who isn't in the side.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 18:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024