Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JPT southern area final (first leg). 18:12 - Jan 14 with 1009 viewsnoah4x4

At Millwall v Oxford tonight.
Freezing cold night.
Ate in superb "Millwall Cafe" in the ground.
Match tickets only £5 admission for seniors
Seniors are from age 60 (U's require age 65)
Adult tickets only £10 (match is on Sky 1).
We told stewards we are neutrals (and U's fans).
Spontaneously invited into the Millwall 'members only' bar.
Millwall unfriendly?...gerrof!

U's to note. Opening the soul-less breeze block south stand bar is not the way to extract the £50 we have already spent in this superb Millwall facility. We will drink in a pub until WHCS has a members bar.

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 21:42 - Jan 14 with 983 viewsLeadbelly

Regarding paragraph 2...very well said. Under no circumstances will I ever pay over the odds for very poor beer or cider, served in a plastic "glass" to be consumed in the most uninviting of environments.

A member's bar was argued for before the ground was built but dismissed by the garrison commander (I think) who became involved, for reasons unknown. I'm quite convinced the club had decided that a supporter's bar was not required and were not prepared to listen to any argument. I had several rounds of a circular argument along the lines of "the bar at Layer Rd only attracts 80 people so there is no demand for a bar" "there are only 80 people in that bar because that is the permitted capacity" "the bar at Layer Rd only attracts 80 people..." Repeat as infinitum.

And where were CUSA when all that was going on? Doing sweet FA to ensure they kept in with the club. Pathetic!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 974 viewsnoah4x4

0-2 to Oxford and fully deserved
Millwall were worse that the U's on a bad day.
Former U's loanee Kemar Roofe was awesome for Oxford.

As regards supporters bar, Millwall, Bradford, Orient, MKDons, Doncaster and many more put our facilities to shame. I certainly won't drink in a bar where the wall decor is identical to the gents and the beer (Green King) is awful. Between us we spent about £80 at the Den in its members bar, just as we do in the pub in Colchester.
JPT southern area final (first leg). on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 972 viewsdurham_exile

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 22:44 - Jan 14 by noah4x4

0-2 to Oxford and fully deserved
Millwall were worse that the U's on a bad day.
Former U's loanee Kemar Roofe was awesome for Oxford.

As regards supporters bar, Millwall, Bradford, Orient, MKDons, Doncaster and many more put our facilities to shame. I certainly won't drink in a bar where the wall decor is identical to the gents and the beer (Green King) is awful. Between us we spent about £80 at the Den in its members bar, just as we do in the pub in Colchester.

Noah - have seen the goals on Sky - Roofe will enjoy a night on the tiles after his first was gifted by the keeper, the second was a poacher's goal.

Millwall's form is certainly erratic especially after their mauling of Scummend at Christmas time.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 23:22 - Jan 14 with 967 viewsnoah4x4

True about the goals, but his pace and trickery reminded me of Dele Alli. Why West Brom let him go escapes me. 16 goals already. Too good for D2.
JPT southern area final (first leg). on 23:38 - Jan 14 with 960 viewsdurham_exile

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 23:22 - Jan 14 by noah4x4

True about the goals, but his pace and trickery reminded me of Dele Alli. Why West Brom let him go escapes me. 16 goals already. Too good for D2.

Perhaps he didn't get the rub of the green when on loan for us but I agree he certainly has hit form now for Oxford.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 23:46 - Jan 14 with 957 viewsnoah4x4

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 23:38 - Jan 14 by durham_exile

Perhaps he didn't get the rub of the green when on loan for us but I agree he certainly has hit form now for Oxford.

Up the U's

I only recall him playing against Gosport; and didn't we play him at full back? He was certainly out wide. Now a playmaker/striker and very effective.
JPT southern area final (first leg). on 12:39 - Jan 15 with 927 viewsMoor_Pinot

Very well said Noah4x4 & Whalers.

We were all asked before Cuckoo Farm was built and I recall a similar response to that given to Whalers to my reasoned arguments for an outside accessed facility.
I also refuse to drink poor beer leaning against breeze blocks. Other clubs [and in non league let's not forget] do a far better job of providing something very simple and doable. I maintain that 'where there's a will.....' and I have never believed post Cuckoo Farm that there is a will to truly engage with us the consumer-customers. It erks me to read Noah4x4 about the ruddy MK having a good facility. It's one ground I've not [and won't] been to.

Oh, well, at least the decent pubs in town will continue to benefit from our custom but it just makes us a club that could be a whole lot more welcoming.

Moor Pinot

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 908 viewsFruitbat

JPT southern area final (first leg). on 23:46 - Jan 14 by noah4x4

I only recall him playing against Gosport; and didn't we play him at full back? He was certainly out wide. Now a playmaker/striker and very effective.

Think he played against Peterborough as well, defo as a left back. Probably fair to say not his strongest position!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024