Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 Season 10:07 - Jan 20 with 1640 viewsburnsieespana

I think the time has come to accept we are not going to escape this season as 9 wins from 19 games just not likely.
2015/16 Season on 10:30 - Jan 20 with 1358 viewsdurham_exile

Burnsie - while it remains mathematically possible we must still believe.

The U's can do this but the wins must start with Scunny this weekend.

The cup tie will be financially lucrative but KK will want the urgency and commitment at Glanford Park.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

2015/16 Season on 11:06 - Jan 20 with 1348 viewsBlueStripes

Relegation is a nailed-on certainty this season, and has been for some time, but is it necessarily such a disaster? I don't think the standard of football and the actual clubs involved in League 2 are much different from those in League 1 and it could be the case that attendances may even improve a little because there are far more clubs in League 2 in closer proximity to Colchester than the rather northern-based clubs in League 1. BUT (and this is a big but!) performances and results must improve drastically next season for this to happen and Col U must be among the challengers for promotion from the word go. If Col U become the whipping boys of League 2 next season, like they've become in League 1 this season, then attendances are just going to drop away and there's a danger that the club could drop out of the football league altogether and end up playing the likes of Braintree Town in the National League. Now that really would be a disaster!
2015/16 Season on 12:48 - Jan 20 with 1327 viewsmrhappy

I think the miracle happened last season - but can lightening strike twice - of course it can - dont give up just yet.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

2015/16 Season on 13:56 - Jan 20 with 1328 viewsLeadbelly

2015/16 Season on 11:06 - Jan 20 by BlueStripes

Relegation is a nailed-on certainty this season, and has been for some time, but is it necessarily such a disaster? I don't think the standard of football and the actual clubs involved in League 2 are much different from those in League 1 and it could be the case that attendances may even improve a little because there are far more clubs in League 2 in closer proximity to Colchester than the rather northern-based clubs in League 1. BUT (and this is a big but!) performances and results must improve drastically next season for this to happen and Col U must be among the challengers for promotion from the word go. If Col U become the whipping boys of League 2 next season, like they've become in League 1 this season, then attendances are just going to drop away and there's a danger that the club could drop out of the football league altogether and end up playing the likes of Braintree Town in the National League. Now that really would be a disaster!

Can we avoid relegation? Of course. Will we? I fear not.

Is relegation a disaster? Compared with the scale of human suffering, no way.

Despite a squad that most of us believe is better than we've had in the previous few seasons we are doing alarmingly badly in League 1. The two clubs below us and the three above us all have at least one game in hand and we are already 5 points from safety with a dreadful goal difference; effectively 6 points adrift. Chesterfield are the first team above us to have played 27 games and they have 30 points, 8 ahead of us, effectively 9 points.

In the last three seasons the points total required to avoid relegation has been as follows:
2012/13 - 49
2013/14 - 48
2014/15 - 51

Assuming 48 is all that we need this year then 1.36 points per game is all that is required. If we need 51 points it becomes 1.52 points per game. Either target sounds very daunting when you consider that we have amassed 0.81 points per game so far.

It may be true that teams in League 2 may not be very different to those in League 1. In view of our inability to perform in League 1 that should be a very sobering thought.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

2015/16 Season on 14:20 - Jan 20 with 1315 viewsmrhappy

I think a good title charge in DIV 2 could see the crowds hit 6,000 each week.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

2015/16 Season on 14:54 - Jan 20 with 1320 viewsnoah4x4

2015/16 Season on 14:20 - Jan 20 by mrhappy

I think a good title charge in DIV 2 could see the crowds hit 6,000 each week.

When we play Orient, Portsmouth, Oxford, Daggers, etc I would be disappointed with any less than 5,000 as they will bring 1,000. How can Fleetwood's travelling two dozen justify the number of stewards and catering staff that we had to commit last night?

I am fed up with trekking up the A1 every other week; whilst spending more on travel than any other English supporters (even Carlisle and Yeovil); and fed up of listening to the unreasonable annual expectation of some U's fans. Relegation will do us a favour.
2015/16 Season on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 1310 viewsdurham_exile

Guys I am disappointed by the apparent resignation to the U's fate this season.

There are 19 games left to garner the 29 points required to stay up.

Fixtures are:

Scunny A
Scummend A
Swindon H
Chesterfield H
Bury A (unless we are involved in the F A Cup 5th Round!)
Shrewsbury H
Bradford A
Port Vale A
Wigan H
Walsall A
Doncaster H
Coventry A
Millwall H
Blackpool A
Peterbore H
Crewe A
Burton H
Barnsley A
Rochdale H

9 Homes
10 Aways

Looks like we need to win 5 Homes and 4 Aways plus a couple of drawn matches and can afford the luxury of up to 8 defeats.

Given that our League record is dire there is much to do but it is certainly feasible.

Currently:

27 5 7 15 36 62 -26 22

Aiming for:

46 14 9 23 66 82 -16 51 or better!!!!

Until mathematically impossible we must believe.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

2015/16 Season on 16:46 - Jan 20 with 1305 viewsnoah4x4

The U's staying up is probably less realistic than the FTSE reaching its past peak of 7000+ by the end of May. But here's hoping for both. Bloodbath on the markets; not good for investors, especially pensioners.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 16:49]
Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 Season on 17:02 - Jan 20 with 1301 viewsbwildered

Raised this question last night on the terraces. Has we have been the bookies favorites ( for relegation ) for the past six , seven years, would be the bookies favorites for promotion from L2 ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

2015/16 Season on 18:18 - Jan 20 with 1292 viewsburnsieespana

Must be bad when even noah thinks we are doomed! If your money in bonds for income purposes doesn't matter what market does but if stocks and shares you just have to sit it out as what goes down comes up! Maybe a prophosey for next season!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 18:21]
2015/16 Season on 12:08 - Jan 22 with 1225 viewsAFCMorant

We've had it and it's laid firmly at Cowling's door for not firing that clown Humes when he should have done in October.
And whilst there are new grounds to visit and old ones not visited for a while, just look at Yeovil to see what could easily happen to us.
2015/16 Season on 18:07 - Jan 23 with 1190 viewsLeadbelly

Now 7 points from safety, effectively 8 due to ever worsening goal difference. 29 points from 18 games? 9 wins and 2 draws? I can't see it happening this season.

2015/16 Season on 10:43 - Jan 25 with 1154 viewsdurham_exile

So now we require 29 points from 18 games (54 points)

KK is revising his tactics and so I have predicted where these points are likely to come from:

Scummend A Draw
Swindon H Win
Chesterfield H Defeat
Bury A (unless we are involved in the F A Cup 5th Round!) Draw
Shrewsbury H Win
Bradford A Defeat
Port Vale A Win
Wigan H Defeat
Walsall A Defeat
Doncaster H Win
Coventry A Defeat
Millwall H Defeat
Blackpool A Win
Peterbore H Win
Crewe A Win
Burton H Defeat
Barnsley A Win
Rochdale H Win

9 wins 2 draws 7 defeats

46 Won 14 Drew 9 Lost 23 Points 51

Come on it is achievable

Up the U's

Durham_exile

2015/16 Season on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 1148 viewsBarsidepete

2015/16 Season on 18:07 - Jan 23 by Leadbelly

Now 7 points from safety, effectively 8 due to ever worsening goal difference. 29 points from 18 games? 9 wins and 2 draws? I can't see it happening this season.

Completely resigned to relegation.

I honestly don't see it.

The 2400 for Fleetwood will be the high water mark. Except for Spurs.

At season's end I can see BraIntree with more at their games than ColU.

This is getting disgusting.

ColU fan for life, but this is getting disheartening.

What fek are you Doing Cowling??

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

2015/16 Season on 08:55 - Jan 26 with 1099 viewsAFCMorant

2015/16 Season on 10:43 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

So now we require 29 points from 18 games (54 points)

KK is revising his tactics and so I have predicted where these points are likely to come from:

Scummend A Draw
Swindon H Win
Chesterfield H Defeat
Bury A (unless we are involved in the F A Cup 5th Round!) Draw
Shrewsbury H Win
Bradford A Defeat
Port Vale A Win
Wigan H Defeat
Walsall A Defeat
Doncaster H Win
Coventry A Defeat
Millwall H Defeat
Blackpool A Win
Peterbore H Win
Crewe A Win
Burton H Defeat
Barnsley A Win
Rochdale H Win

9 wins 2 draws 7 defeats

46 Won 14 Drew 9 Lost 23 Points 51

Come on it is achievable

Up the U's

This is the best post ever, it really makes me smile. I must admire your optimism/steadfast refusal to face reality/overdose of mind altering drugs.
2015/16 Season on 10:04 - Jan 26 with 1092 viewsdurham_exile

2015/16 Season on 08:55 - Jan 26 by AFCMorant

This is the best post ever, it really makes me smile. I must admire your optimism/steadfast refusal to face reality/overdose of mind altering drugs.

AFCMorant tick off the results as we accumulate the points!

With 18 games it is still possible and KK and the players andthefaithful must believe.

Time for my medication!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

2015/16 Season on 11:29 - Jan 26 with 1087 viewsAFCMorant

2015/16 Season on 10:04 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

AFCMorant tick off the results as we accumulate the points!

With 18 games it is still possible and KK and the players andthefaithful must believe.

Time for my medication!

Up the U's

I look forward to doing that, and will be at Bury, Port Vale and Barnsley to watch the points totting up!
2015/16 Season on 12:05 - Jan 26 with 1081 viewsnoah4x4

2015/16 Season on 11:29 - Jan 26 by AFCMorant

I look forward to doing that, and will be at Bury, Port Vale and Barnsley to watch the points totting up!

Will be at them all totting up the pints. Caring less about the points; but then you soon stop missing what you never have.

Does the football really matter when it's a day out with the lads (and a select few ladies too)? I'm past caring about results after the misery of the last three seasons. Football friendships are far more important. Division Two won't change that. Off to Braintree tonight to cheer on Dominic Vose!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 12:07]
2015/16 Season on 13:57 - Jan 26 with 1060 viewsLeadbelly

2015/16 Season on 12:05 - Jan 26 by noah4x4

Will be at them all totting up the pints. Caring less about the points; but then you soon stop missing what you never have.

Does the football really matter when it's a day out with the lads (and a select few ladies too)? I'm past caring about results after the misery of the last three seasons. Football friendships are far more important. Division Two won't change that. Off to Braintree tonight to cheer on Dominic Vose!

Subject to a pitch inspection at Cressing Rd no doubt. Is it actually below sea level?!

2015/16 Season on 16:10 - Jan 26 with 1052 viewsAFCMorant

2015/16 Season on 12:05 - Jan 26 by noah4x4

The football hasn't mattered for a long time! At Bury we've got the East Lancs Spring Diesel Gala as well.
2015/16 Season on 20:43 - Jan 26 with 1025 viewsLeadbelly

Just had a look at the HT scores (Leeds losing of course) The "As it stands" table on BBC website has us bottom on goal difference. Just saying.

2015/16 Season on 21:00 - Jan 26 with 1019 viewsthrillseeker

2015/16 Season on 20:43 - Jan 26 by Leadbelly

Just had a look at the HT scores (Leeds losing of course) The "As it stands" table on BBC website has us bottom on goal difference. Just saying.

I was just checking same and it is sad to see us bottom and having played a game or two more than most of our rivals
2015/16 Season on 22:06 - Jan 26 with 1006 viewsLeadbelly

2015/16 Season on 21:00 - Jan 26 by thrillseeker

I was just checking same and it is sad to see us bottom and having played a game or two more than most of our rivals

Full time scores now in and we are bottom, 7 points off safety, effectively 8 points due to goal difference. Difficult to see the Us pulling another rabbit out of the hat this season. From my point of view there was some good news tonight...Leeds managed a point at Brentford.

2015/16 Season on 22:17 - Jan 26 with 997 viewsdurham_exile

2015/16 Season on 22:06 - Jan 26 by Leadbelly

Full time scores now in and we are bottom, 7 points off safety, effectively 8 points due to goal difference. Difficult to see the Us pulling another rabbit out of the hat this season. From my point of view there was some good news tonight...Leeds managed a point at Brentford.

The only way is up!

Come on COL U you can do it

Up the U's

Durham_exile

2015/16 Season on 22:36 - Jan 26 with 991 viewsnoah4x4

Superb free kick won it for Braintree (over Wrexham), but what dire football, not helped by the shocking pitch. Dominic Vose didn't get off the bench. If this is the standard of football below Division One, prepare to be disappointed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024