Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fathers Day. 11:02 - Jun 19 with 7027 viewsDiscodroids

I understand its a steaming pile of commercial chestnuts, but it a good excuse to See my old Man East Ham Dave at The East ham social club in upton park today and Will be taking my Boy Simon along as well .

Just going to enjoy the roast potatoes on the bar and the subsidised pints of carlsberg export and watch the pair of them together enjoy a couple of pints and talk about Bobby moore And Dimitri Payet. They dont get together often enough.

I know many like my Mrs Do not have their dads with them any longer..so..a painful day as well...anyway..Happy fathers day to all the dads .

Anyway a blast from the past on Fathers day....

I also Just read that Brooklyn Beckham has been released by Arsenal. Must be difficult if he is only going to be conference standard or worse people will always compare him to his dad.

ive always found it hard living in the footsteps of my father , East ham dave, of east ham.

his membership number is 00000000000002 at the east ham working mens club.

he had a affair with stephanie desyks.

He sold french blues to dave dee dozy beaky mick and titch in 1964 which resulted in titch falling off the stage at east ham granada

He had a drink with jesus christ otherwise known as robert powell in a hotel bar.

he once punched stevie marriot in the nose in forest gate pub in 1963.

he played harmonica with ronnie lane in a skiffle band in upton park.

every song he plays on said harmonica sounds like the old grey whistle test theme tune.

he smoked weed with otis reading , again at the east ham granada, back stage in 1966.

he went to live in a cave in cornwall for 3 months when my mum left him breifly in the long hot summer of 1976.

when my mum finally left him in 1978, he got steaming and got on stage with georgie fame and 'done the dog' , before falling off the stage, at yes, the east ham granada.

after a marathon drinking session and spu nking all the housekeeping he returned home to my somewhat apocolyptic step mother , with the excuse that , "I turned the corner on green street and got knocked out by a freak gust of wind , that carried me 20 yards down the road and knocked me out. for at least 8 hours...some c unt must have lifted me fcking wallet when i was unconscious "..

Such was his performance he came to believe this story himself , despite stinking of vodka, bicardi,gin and 180 'kim' cigarettes.

still maintains this crock of shit story to this day.

insists he is the 2nd cousin of ry cooder and tom waites despite zero evidence to back these questionable facts up.

this is just a microscopic (and legal)sample of the legend that is east ham dave, which even at the age of 70, shows no sign of stopping to this very day.

*for the sake of my mothers dignity i cannot mention the story invloving her, my old man and geroge melly in 1977

[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 11:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fathers Day. on 12:05 - Jun 19 with 5421 viewsW13R

Disco, these episodes in your old mans life must be where you get your wit and humour from.
I have a very close friend who's parents have also lived a full and varied life and no doubt this is why he is one of the funniest fellas I have met in my life.

Anyway, you have a good day with what sounds like a legend of a dad and I hope your boy is also on the mend.
Fathers Day. on 13:19 - Jun 19 with 5366 viewswestberksr

Well my Dad is now 79, despite being an asmathic child turned 60 a day smoker for 30 years. Luckily he had the sense to pack up in his late 40s or I'd have been referring to him in the past tense since the millennium!

Popped in with his card yesterday as I was off to Poole for a mates 40th, the gift in the card was another year of suffering as I'm renewing his season ticket again. He wasnt going to bother as he knows I worry about him as he's getting slower by the week and the lungs are pretty shot. But if I have to carry on going to Loftus Road, which is entirely his fault as the only other football fan in the family was my Gooner grandfather, then so does he!

That'll teach him
Fathers Day. on 13:22 - Jun 19 with 5356 viewsMrSheen

Enjoy it everyone. My Dad moved on more than 20 years ago. To say I miss him every day is a bit of an exaggeration, but it's not far off.
Fathers Day. on 13:26 - Jun 19 with 5345 viewsTheBlob

So Father's Day means get up off your fat arse and do some DIY?

Having said that,wouldn't mind this mutha.....only £625....

[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 13:29]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fathers Day. on 13:38 - Jun 19 with 5320 viewslondonscottish

Having a wedding anniversary weekend away in Bristol but my 11 year old boy video called me earlier which was cool.

My main present to myself has been a stinking hangover. Lovingly crafted in the Fringe of Bristol. Cracking boozer. Met loads of fun people. Ended up drinking into the small hours with a car dealer called Dodge.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Fathers Day. on 14:58 - Jun 19 with 5237 viewsbrewers_hoop

Mate, that is fabulous. Your old man sounds a card and a half - and his rip-roaring raconteur of a son ain't too shabby either.
Fathers Day. on 14:59 - Jun 19 with 5233 viewsBoston

Fathers Day. on 13:38 - Jun 19 by londonscottish

Having a wedding anniversary weekend away in Bristol but my 11 year old boy video called me earlier which was cool.

My main present to myself has been a stinking hangover. Lovingly crafted in the Fringe of Bristol. Cracking boozer. Met loads of fun people. Ended up drinking into the small hours with a car dealer called Dodge.

Is he dating Rita Chevrolet?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fathers Day. on 15:36 - Jun 19 with 5199 viewsjohncharles

Fathers Day. on 13:26 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

Mmmmmm Trade Socks

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Fathers Day. on 15:44 - Jun 19 with 5190 viewseccles

Fathers Day. on 13:38 - Jun 19 by londonscottish

You have an 11 year old boy called video?
Fathers Day. on 16:23 - Jun 19 with 5145 viewsFredManRave

Fathers Day. on 15:44 - Jun 19 by eccles

You have an 11 year old boy called video?

Let's hope it's not the same one that killed the radio star.

Happy Fathers Day To All Of Us.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fathers Day. on 17:13 - Jun 19 with 5103 viewsTheBlob

Fathers Day. on 15:36 - Jun 19 by johncharles

Mmmmmm Trade Socks

They're overrated.

Fathers Day. on 18:11 - Jun 19 with 5053 viewsessextaxiboy

Just on my way back from Brighton after doing the London to Brighton bike ride with young taxiboy No3 . I am 56 this year and my Dad died suddenly in the park in1990 at the same age . Just before we turned on to the seafront he shook my hand and said " happy fathers day , that was for Grandad " ...He was born in 95 so never met my dad ....completely finished me ....
Fathers Day. on 18:19 - Jun 19 with 5034 viewsTheBlob

My old dad would have been 99 this year.Would have made it if he hadn't been f*cking around with some slip of a girl less than half his age.

Fathers Day. on 18:20 - Jun 19 with 5035 viewsDiscodroids

Fathers Day. on 18:11 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

Just on my way back from Brighton after doing the London to Brighton bike ride with young taxiboy No3 . I am 56 this year and my Dad died suddenly in the park in1990 at the same age . Just before we turned on to the seafront he shook my hand and said " happy fathers day , that was for Grandad " ...He was born in 95 so never met my dad ....completely finished me ....

Me and you, big hugs in the new season down the Adelaide.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fathers Day. on 18:35 - Jun 19 with 5012 viewsQPRDave

Fathers Day. on 13:26 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

f**kin hate diy!!.....I blame you blob for putting up that poster !
Fathers Day. on 20:16 - Jun 19 with 4916 viewsHantsR

My boys always remember Father's day and boost my stock of Dignitas vouchers. Bless them.
Fathers Day. on 21:58 - Jun 19 with 4839 viewsToast_R

Missed it again doing the London to Brighton Ride.
Hurting
Fathers Day. on 22:03 - Jun 19 with 4834 viewsBoston

Fathers Day. on 21:58 - Jun 19 by Toast_R

Hurting

Is that something to do with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fathers Day. on 22:10 - Jun 19 with 4824 viewsLblock

Can I just say that you lot blessed with sons and daughters dont know how lucky you are.

I just hope you've kept them on the correct blue and white hooped path

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fathers Day. on 22:16 - Jun 19 with 4817 viewsHantsR

Hurting

Well done. I did that a few years ago. Great experience, especially after I managed to staying on 2 wheels and get up Ditchling Beacon without stopping. At 62 years old I felt it was an achievement.
Fathers Day. on 22:19 - Jun 19 with 4809 viewsessextaxiboy

Hurting

Did you do it in a Rangers shirt ? .Mrs Taxiboy said she gave someone a URrrs as they got to the finish today .
Fathers Day. on 22:25 - Jun 19 with 4793 viewsRoller

Fathers Day. on 22:10 - Jun 19 by Lblock

Can I just say that you lot blessed with sons and daughters dont know how lucky you are.

I just hope you've kept them on the correct blue and white hooped path

Failed miserably I'm afraid.

Two daughters, one hates football; the other, well I can't bring myself to say it, but I blame her mother.....
Fathers Day. on 22:30 - Jun 19 with 4784 viewsTheBlob

Any catholic priests on here?

Fathers Day. on 22:42 - Jun 19 with 4774 viewsToast_R

Fathers Day. on 22:16 - Jun 19 by HantsR

Well done. I did that a few years ago. Great experience, especially after I managed to staying on 2 wheels and get up Ditchling Beacon without stopping. At 62 years old I felt it was an achievement.

Your 25 to 30 years my senior and if you managed to negotiate the Beacon without stopping, you're a better man then I'll ever be because that is bastard hard.

Last year I managed about 200m of that climb but this year nothing, I was running on empty in the run up to it. Juat walking up there today I found difficult. All the other climbs- Turners Hill etc no problem but Ditchling is just a whole different beast. The day was fun, only saw two bad casualties the first being a proper nasty one indeed but I'm happy I finished it because I've been feeling rather crap a week with a chesty cough and a spot of man flu.

My next ride will be Palace to Palace in September (Buck House to Windsor Castle).
Fathers Day. on 23:16 - Jun 19 with 4742 viewsPunteR

My dad is a top fella. Been a sales rep for nearly 40 years at the same company. He's turned down loads of offers for promotion and just kept his life simple. Plays lead guitar in a band doing weddings,likes a beer and loves his grandkids.
Poor bloke, I gave him his first few grey hairs. He never did drugs or even smoked , so to see me coming home at 6 in the morning completely off it when I was 17 must have been heartbreaking for him. I was a nightmare teenager but he's never held it against me,even when I used to break his music equipment.! I completely wrecked his 4 track machine trying to record my own rave tunes using his Yamaha keyboard plugged into his delay and wah wah pedals plugged into his Bose amp plugged into the 4 track. Blew up his Trio amp as well. He hates house music. Lol.
He set a good example for me though that family comes first over everything.
Top man.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024