Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotty Moore 20:30 - Jun 29 with 2430 viewsjohncharles

RIP This year claims another legend.

Strong and stable my arse.

Scotty Moore on 21:02 - Jun 29 with 2393 viewsMonahoop

This is sad. A legendary name from the 50's who will always be best known with his connections to Elvis. It's sad that many great rock n roll innovators from that pioneering musical decade are now largely forgotten about, even those who are still clutching on to life. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Scotty Moore on 22:24 - Jun 29 with 2322 viewsPeterHucker

saw him play live 3 times, including a magical night at the Mean Fiddler in Harlesden where he played with Elvis's original drummer DJ Fontana.
This was the setlist, not bad eh.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scotty-moore-and-dj-fontana/1999/mean-fiddler-lond

The last time I saw him was about 10 years ago at Pacific Road Centre in Birkenhead. He'd had some kind of brain surgery. He couldn't speak and he was clearly a very unwell man but he still played brilliantly.

Scotty Moore on 15:07 - Jun 30 with 2170 viewsNov77

I saw him once at wembley conference centre. hearing him play that solo from king creole was memorable. he never got enough credit, Elvis may have been the voice but scotty was the sound of those records.

keith richards said, "when i was growing up everyone wanted to be elvis, i wanted to be scotty moore"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024