Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! 18:14 - Jul 4 with 13222 viewsHonkytonks

Hope the glory hole boys not confused!
Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 09:42 - Nov 23 with 1791 viewsNortholt_Rs

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 00:23 - Nov 23 by kensalriser

When wasn't it shabby in that area? In fact it's a lot less shabby than it used to be, like many areas of inner London. When you see photos of N. Kensington from the 50s, 60s and 70s it's striking how run down the houses look.

My lot come from N Ken and it was a complete slum....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 10:35 - Nov 23 with 1741 viewscolinallcars

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 00:23 - Nov 23 by kensalriser

When wasn't it shabby in that area? In fact it's a lot less shabby than it used to be, like many areas of inner London. When you see photos of N. Kensington from the 50s, 60s and 70s it's striking how run down the houses look.

I was thinking mostly of the disappeared pubs and the shops. When I lived there the shops in North Pole Rd were quite good. I had a stroll round there recently and the shops, those that were still open, were terrible.
Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 13:28 - Nov 23 with 1603 viewsBoston

I liked North Ken, had great character and was full of ‘wise guys’. But, like everything else, it’s all changed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 15:42 - Nov 23 with 1531 viewskensalriser

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 10:35 - Nov 23 by colinallcars

I was thinking mostly of the disappeared pubs and the shops. When I lived there the shops in North Pole Rd were quite good. I had a stroll round there recently and the shops, those that were still open, were terrible.

It did stay quite neighbourhoody for a long time, probably because the next nearest shops in any direction are a fair distance. Westfield did the damage.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 15:44 - Nov 23 with 1524 viewskensalriser

This is brilliant, for those interested in such things.

https://northkensingtonhistories.wordpress.com/2018/09/20/seedy-clubs-and-dives-

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 22:01 - Nov 24 with 1334 viewsisawqpratwcity

Springbok now the 'queens tavern'! on 15:44 - Nov 23 by kensalriser

This is brilliant, for those interested in such things.

https://northkensingtonhistories.wordpress.com/2018/09/20/seedy-clubs-and-dives-

" ..they smashed the place to pieces and stabbed Dizzy in the top of the head. Dizzy was somewhat dismayed by this incident..."

Very nice, Kensal. I don't remember anything about Jack the Stripper.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024