Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! 06:58 - Jul 7 with 6276 viewsHonkytonks

If we start the season with our current 'strikers' we are bang in trouble....their are no where near enough goals amongst polter,jet,washington.....jfh n Les need to go shopping or else lower mid table at very very best!
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 07:10 - Jul 7 with 5135 viewsLadbrokeR

I wondered when we would start turning our attention the team. Thankfully Brexit and the Euros have deflected the gaze away from inevitable under achievement. That said we have had one ironic Jimmy out thread. Fill yer boots the engine has started and don't drop your crystal ball.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:24 - Jul 7 with 5033 viewsNorthernr

Ah great, the annual premature panic. The clue is in your own title - five weeks away.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:27 - Jul 7 with 5017 viewsHonkytonks

Well the ex mrs honkytonks always moaned about me being premature but I don't think.i am in this case!
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:42 - Jul 7 with 4991 viewsNorthernr

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:27 - Jul 7 by Honkytonks

Well the ex mrs honkytonks always moaned about me being premature but I don't think.i am in this case!

Why, is the Leeds match tomorrow?
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:50 - Jul 7 with 4965 viewsA40Bosh

I wonder if we have been holding out on a couple of targets based on waiting to see what money Fer and Phillips would bring in - or it could just as easily be the case that we do not work like that and Lee Hoos looks at the books and then takes a gamble on what is the low end estimate of what we could get in and then told Les to work with JFH on that figure.

I like the fact that JFH has strengthened the Left Back and Centre Back department early doors and brought a proper left back in and it would seem a left footed centre back. Will be interesting to see if the right back berth is to be filled by either Ned or Darnell or whether we are still hunting for an experienced right back. Surely if we can see that Ned is not a full back then JFH can - but maybe that is the compromise on the funds available, make do with Ned and a youngster and strengthen elsewhere.

Will Washington come back from the Euros with added belief and hit the ground running this term and play off Polter, so many ifs up front, but the business done to date looks sound thus far.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:58 - Jul 7 with 4939 viewssimmo

First priority: The defence. Done before we've even had our first pre-season
2nd priority: Make funds available by moving on players that are draining resources - part way there with 2 players sold for good fees.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we're in for Cousins and Leckie a day or 2 after officially moving on Phillips and Fer. Last season we expected to sell loads of 'top' players and none went, this time we are waiting to definitely shift them before knowing we have the money and space to get replacements. It makes perfect sense if you're not a dramatic troll.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:14 - Jul 7 with 4875 viewsDylanP

JET and Washington have the makings of a really great partnership in the Championship; big strong target man with a good shot playing alongside a fast, skillful, likes to run with the ball type -- that seems like a really good combination. If the two of them can get some decent time to build up some understanding, I see no reason why that should be a very solid partnership, especially if we can find some genuine speed on the outside.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 4855 viewsadhoc_qpr

We generally play one up front under JFH and Polter plays that role pretty well. Then we have Washington as a alternative/partner for Polter if we change tactics.

Then we have a backup of Reece Grego-Cox who played and got the assist in the friendly the other day. And also JET if he can be bothered/change JFH's mind about him.

True we'd never make it through a Championship season with just those 4 without being in real trouble, but we'd be fine if we played Leeds at the weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:26 - Jul 7 with 4844 viewsSnipper

As others have said, we're building from the back.

Goalkeepers: sorted ✔️

Defenders: sorted ✔️

Midfielders: we could do with 2 or 3. Judging by the reports, we're looking at a few. ✔️

Strikers: depending how we're going to play. If JET is part of JFHs plans, we need maybe 1 more in. ✔️

Remember, we've got the loan market too.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 4830 viewsHooparoo

If we sign Leckie we will have some serious pace up front for fast counter attacks along with DC.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:32 - Jul 7 with 4820 viewsDesertBoot

Goalkeepers and defence sorted.
Midfielders/wingers who can score goals. One already signed and others being targeted.
Alot of pressure on our strikers last season due to a chronic lack of goals from our midfield - it will be better this season.
Don't panic!

Wish I could be like David Watts

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:44 - Jul 7 with 4800 viewsHooparoo

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 10:32 - Jul 7 by DesertBoot

Goalkeepers and defence sorted.
Midfielders/wingers who can score goals. One already signed and others being targeted.
Alot of pressure on our strikers last season due to a chronic lack of goals from our midfield - it will be better this season.
Don't panic!

Starting to feel quite optimistic myself. Really like what I'm hearing from Jimmy and his new fitness guru.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 4602 viewsvegasranger

Certainly looking pretty strong at goalkeeper and defence, although I would still like to improve at right back. Still think Perch was a poor buy. Defensive midfield will be okay if the Polish lad is better than Henry. Lack width and pace in midfield and that all round box to box player. Need a striker who is better quality than the two we have now. JET needs to go and I can't believe Gregor - Cox is still at the club !!
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 16:23 - Jul 7 with 4504 viewsBAWHoops

As others have said, the targets we are looking at suggest we are building towards the required squad

GK - Ingram, Smithies, Lumley

RB - Furlong Perch
LB - Bidwell, Robinson
CB - Lynch, Chief, Hall, Caulker?

CM - Henry, Luongo, Borysiuk, Doughty, Cousins?

Wingers - Mackie, Petrasso, Leckie?, Ngbakoto?

10's - Gladwin, Cherry, El Khayati

ST - Polter, Washington, Guirassey?, JET?

If they achieve what they want and get Leckie, Cousins, Guirassey and Ngbakoto done then the squad is there.

Don't think the French 2 will come off though and that will expose a lack of wingers for sure

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 16:45 - Jul 7 with 4467 viewsCFW

Just a couple of points - really think we need a good right back, someone who can get up and down the line and deliver a good cross. I am not sure Caulker will be with us for much longer - that is fine with me but we do need to sort out the wider midfield players along with the striker options.

Still have time so no panic but always best to get business done early and hit the start of the season with a settled squad.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 17:04 - Jul 7 with 4440 viewsadhoc_qpr

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 16:23 - Jul 7 by BAWHoops

As others have said, the targets we are looking at suggest we are building towards the required squad

GK - Ingram, Smithies, Lumley

RB - Furlong Perch
LB - Bidwell, Robinson
CB - Lynch, Chief, Hall, Caulker?

CM - Henry, Luongo, Borysiuk, Doughty, Cousins?

Wingers - Mackie, Petrasso, Leckie?, Ngbakoto?

10's - Gladwin, Cherry, El Khayati

ST - Polter, Washington, Guirassey?, JET?

If they achieve what they want and get Leckie, Cousins, Guirassey and Ngbakoto done then the squad is there.

Don't think the French 2 will come off though and that will expose a lack of wingers for sure

That selection of centre mids would leave me pretty concerned, with the wingers and strikers not much better off.

But it's early days and we also can't expect to solve all our problems in one window on a tight budget - it's just not feasible.

I'd expect a few loanees to fill the gaps too.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 17:21 - Jul 7 with 4413 viewsbarbicanranger

how does anyone know that WashPolt is not going to be the best combo since, since...since Charlie upfront on his own.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 17:36 - Jul 7 with 4372 viewsrsonist

For the last couple weeks we've literally either bought, sold or been credibly linked with players near enough every single day.

I'm sure this scintillating rocket of a thread from internet message board user Honkytonks will ensure the club pull their finger out though.
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 18:15 - Jul 7 with 4298 viewsHonkytonks

I truely believe some of us have not got much else to do on a Saturday afternoon!
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 18:31 - Jul 7 with 4270 viewsBlackCrowe

Love Polter and his attitude but I'll love him even more if he's used mostly as an impact sub.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:46 - Jul 8 with 4091 viewsPinnerPaul

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 16:45 - Jul 7 by CFW

Just a couple of points - really think we need a good right back, someone who can get up and down the line and deliver a good cross. I am not sure Caulker will be with us for much longer - that is fine with me but we do need to sort out the wider midfield players along with the striker options.

Still have time so no panic but always best to get business done early and hit the start of the season with a settled squad.

Caulker says on offy, he is staying.

I know that usually means "......................until I get a better offer",

but looks like he may be here for longer than we thought
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:59 - Jul 8 with 4078 viewsJeff

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:46 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

Caulker says on offy, he is staying.

I know that usually means "......................until I get a better offer",

but looks like he may be here for longer than we thought

although it would be refreshing if a player said in the interview 'Of course i'm not staying, f*ck that for a game of soldiers!'

Can we not knock it?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 4041 viewsGloucs_R

Never heard of him....maybe one for Karl..Kane Hemmings

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-qpr-linked-forward-speaks-potential-move/?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 09:36 - Jul 8 with 4022 viewsPinnerPaul

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 08:59 - Jul 8 by Jeff

although it would be refreshing if a player said in the interview 'Of course i'm not staying, f*ck that for a game of soldiers!'

Even not very bright footballers realise that as they are still employed and getting paid by the club AND they MIGHT have to actually play again for them, it makes no sense to say you want to leave.

The few that do ignore that and end up staying usually get a lot of grief - Berahino being the most reecnt high profile example of course
Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 13:19 - Jul 8 with 3917 viewsrobith

Season less than five weeks away and no strikers! on 18:31 - Jul 7 by BlackCrowe

Love Polter and his attitude but I'll love him even more if he's used mostly as an impact sub.

Dunno, he seemed to work well with Chery running off him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024