Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV 19:45 - Jul 7 with 15300 viewsjohncharles

Some jigery pokery going on with her Wiki site as well.
Her CV has many claims which are, lets say, not factual. One fact that is omitted is her involvement as a director of Seaperfect which lost millions.
She promised to publish her tax returns as all the other candidates have already done, only if she got to the final two. I'm not holding my breath.

Strong and stable my arse.

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 19:49 - Jul 7 with 7755 viewsTheBlob

Whereas Theresa"surveillance "May promises considering the introduction of some aspects of Shariah Law.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 19:58 - Jul 7 with 7738 viewsjohncharles

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 19:49 - Jul 7 by TheBlob

Whereas Theresa"surveillance "May promises considering the introduction of some aspects of Shariah Law.

Blob, they are both harradins but I was intrigued at how Leadsom seems to have appeared from nowhere and that's exactly where she has come from. Most of her CV is bullshit and fantasies like having helped and advised the then Bank of England governor Eddy George !

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 20:00 - Jul 7 with 7723 viewsDannytheR

"Yeah but Gordon Brown sold all the gold."
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 20:03 - Jul 7 with 7704 viewsDorse

I, for one, find her CV utterly convincing. After all, why would someone who bravely overcame racial prejudice in Southern Louisiana to become the first transsexual black astronaut feel the need to lie on her CV?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2016 20:08]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 7425 viewsdaveB

Typical British Media trying all they can to rubbish the candidate they don't want
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 09:33 - Jul 8 with 7416 viewsKonk

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 09:26 - Jul 8 by daveB

Typical British Media trying all they can to rubbish the candidate they don't want

Well, her CV does appear to be more than a bit embellished. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have bumped the odd grade up and maybe overstated their contribution to a successful project, but it's a little bit different when you're running for PM and one of the attributes your supporters are lauding is the fact that you are some captain of industry/City titan with a storied history in Asset management. Mate of mine works at Invesco and reckons people are incredulous at how she's misrepresented her role there.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 09:46 - Jul 8 with 7388 viewsjohncharles

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 09:26 - Jul 8 by daveB

As I said before, I think they're both repulsive. Just pointing out that her claim to a financial expert is basically a lie. She worked mostly in admin. Barclays have stated that she was never an investement fund manager. Some other subtle little changes like Marketing Director becomes Managing Diector on her CV.
The only place she had any financial input as a director was at Seaperfect which was a financial disaster.
To even things up I'll see what I can dig up on Theresa May. Her tax returns have already been published.

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 10:09 - Jul 8 with 7346 viewsDaBurgh

But, unfortunately, a usual all this will quickly disappear from the media and all will be forgotten in the coming weeks/months.
Login to get fewer ads

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 10:12 - Jul 8 with 7338 viewsTheBlob

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 20:00 - Jul 7 by DannytheR

"Yeah but Gordon Brown sold all the gold."

If that's a jibe at me.....if you can't bring anything intelligent to the discussion,go and play in the sand pit.

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:00 - Jul 8 with 7285 viewsTheBlob

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 19:58 - Jul 7 by johncharles

Blob, they are both harradins but I was intrigued at how Leadsom seems to have appeared from nowhere and that's exactly where she has come from. Most of her CV is bullshit and fantasies like having helped and advised the then Bank of England governor Eddy George !

They're both matriarchs in the making yes.But with May you're going to get more militarisation of the police,the increased erosion of civil liberties.How many times recently have you seen armed to the teeth Old Bill showing up at relatively minor incidents?Only going to get worse.At least the prospect of Europol treading our streets has receded.

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:17 - Jul 8 with 7255 viewsNorthernr

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 10:12 - Jul 8 by TheBlob

If that's a jibe at me.....if you can't bring anything intelligent to the discussion,go and play in the sand pit.

Christ is that the rule now? Few on here in trouble if so yourself included!
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:26 - Jul 8 with 7235 viewsTacticalR

Yes, I don't think we should discriminate against the unintelligent.

Air hostess clique

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:35 - Jul 8 with 7213 viewskensalriser

Well, I for one am very comforted to hear in the wake of the Brexit vote a candidate for PM getting stuck in to issues that will be of vital national importance in coming times...like repealing the fox hunting ban.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:35 - Jul 8 with 7210 viewsTheBlob

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:17 - Jul 8 by Northernr

Christ is that the rule now? Few on here in trouble if so yourself included!

What are you blithering on about?

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:42 - Jul 8 with 7194 viewsKonk

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:35 - Jul 8 by kensalriser

Well, I for one am very comforted to hear in the wake of the Brexit vote a candidate for PM getting stuck in to issues that will be of vital national importance in coming times...like repealing the fox hunting ban.

I'm comforted by the importance she's placing on good vibes to see off any economic woes. There are no problems in this world that can't be overcome with a sunny disposition, a warm smile, some meaningless slogans and a campfire chorus of "Always look on the Brightside of life". I expect that's why Eddie George drafted her into his bunker during the Barings crisis.

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:55 - Jul 8 with 7149 viewsMytch_QPR

An ex-banker (if that is what she was and not the tea lady) coming to save the economy - it's akin to Tony Blair's foundation to bring peace to the Middle East.

I look forward to the final result with a growing sense of underwhelment.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 12:41 - Jul 8 with 7061 viewsLongsufferingR

The choice between the two may not fill many people with hope for the future, but compared to the choice faced by US voters later this year, I think choosing between a dodgy CV and a permanent look of utter disgust is letting us off lightly.
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 12:53 - Jul 8 with 7028 viewsHunterhoop

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:00 - Jul 8 by TheBlob

They're both matriarchs in the making yes.But with May you're going to get more militarisation of the police,the increased erosion of civil liberties.How many times recently have you seen armed to the teeth Old Bill showing up at relatively minor incidents?Only going to get worse.At least the prospect of Europol treading our streets has receded.

Agree, Blob. May is terrifying when it comes to her approach to civil liberties. She's a lot more right wing on domestic policy, such as law and order, than people realise, and had no empathy.

However, and I good friend of mine has worked for her, she is very good with detail and actually pretty sharp. She's not one these "slogan MPs" who talks a good game but is, to all intents and purposes, a moron. Therefore, her competence may be of some use in the troubling times ahead, especially negotiating Brexit.

Leadsom of the other hand...."Director at Barclays"...there are 1000s. It's a management level, not a board position. "Hedge Fund Manager". No, you were Head of Governance, in the 2000s, at a Hedge Fund, before the crash! I'd be keeping that quiet if I were you. In the noughties, governance, as a function, was about as importance as the window cleaner...probably less so. Oh, and she's never held a senio govt or shadow govt post before. And she was ridiculed when working in the Treasury. And she is so clearly going to just do her best Thatcher impersonation. And, again, head from someone who's worked with her: "very simplistic world view and zero empathy." Lovely.

It's a terrifying choice. May's competence had to win over though.
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:07 - Jul 8 with 6991 viewsNorthernr

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 11:35 - Jul 8 by TheBlob

What are you blithering on about?

Just thought that was a bit of a high and mighty remark from somebody who's not adverse to Similar comments themselves, including one at the start of this thread!
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:36 - Jul 8 with 6921 viewsderbyhoop

Leadsom wants to apply certification, like used for categorising films, to every website. How many? She has some disturbing right wing views on social policy, including being against gay marriage. Even her own Minister, Amber Rudd, doesn't think she's up to the job.

May is like Thatcher - but without the humanity. She's had a few run ins with European courts - usually when she's tried to railroad an illegal decision.

What a great choice.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:43 - Jul 8 with 6893 viewsMytch_QPR

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:36 - Jul 8 by derbyhoop

Leadsom wants to apply certification, like used for categorising films, to every website. How many? She has some disturbing right wing views on social policy, including being against gay marriage. Even her own Minister, Amber Rudd, doesn't think she's up to the job.

May is like Thatcher - but without the humanity. She's had a few run ins with European courts - usually when she's tried to railroad an illegal decision.

What a great choice.

Yes - it comes down to which one you dislike least and both un-elected by the great unwashed.

Theresa May just edges it for me because she has those leopard print shoes.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 13:43]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:46 - Jul 8 with 6876 viewsaussiehoop

Amazing how the chasm between the political class and general population shows no sign of closing regardless of which western democracy you reside in.

You wouldn't think an ordinary citizen in a situation as public as hers would be so ballsy with the cv exaggerations.

As an absolute outsider who is there within conservative ranks that could ably lead the country? Aus politics look to be heading the same way with talent fast evaporating - taking its place is a gaggle of career bum lickers with zero understanding of the real world.
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:54 - Jul 8 with 6855 viewsstevec

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:36 - Jul 8 by derbyhoop

What a great choice.

It's a bit worrying. Apparently, Leadsom is a member of the God Squad and they scare the crap out of me.

As for May, caught the end of Question Time and heard George Galloway describe her as 'John Major in a skirt', couldn't have put it better.

Can see the total disintegration of Labour and the Tories in the next decade. Something better will take it's place.
Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 14:01 - Jul 8 with 6826 viewsKonk

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 13:43 - Jul 8 by Mytch_QPR

Yes - it comes down to which one you dislike least and both un-elected by the great unwashed.

Theresa May just edges it for me because she has those leopard print shoes.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 13:43]

With moving to Bristol, I’ll soon be looking for a new job and Leadsom’s given me the confidence to really go for it when it comes to putting together a compelling CV.

Education: Maths and Computer club badges from Oxford, Cambridge, Sorbonne, Harvard, MIT & Huddersfield Poly.

Work experience:
1989-1991: Chief Rocket Officer at NASA
1991-1993: Invented the internet, Google, Youtube and Amazon (forest and website)
1993-1998: Head of Computers at Microsoft
1998-2010: Overlord at Apple.
2004-Present: Captain of industry, straddling the Global Finance Industry like a big-balled colossus, with boardroom positions on every FTSE, Dow Jones, Nikkei, NASDAQ, CAC40 and DAX listed company, personally overseeing USD780,000,000tn of investments. 4,000 direct reports. Work well as part of a team or on my own. Weakness: I am too much of a perfectionist and often work too hard.

If that doesn’t get me at least a telephone interview for an administrative role at a small engineering company in Yate, I don’t know what else I can do.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 14:05]

Andrea Leadsom's dodgy CV on 14:12 - Jul 8 with 6782 viewsTacticalR

You can see her trying to cover all bases about gay marriage in this clip (she describes the great fun jumping in and out of the lobbies when voting for and against)
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/07/tory-leadership-andrea-leadsom-p

In her defence her 'flexibility' only reflects the confusion of the existing leadership of the Conservative Party, since Cameron's 2012 legislation declared gay marriage illegal in the Church of England.

Always a tricky one as we want to keep the anti-gay card handy to bash Africans and muslims.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024