Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to debunk some moan myths 10:39 - Sep 14 with 2706 viewsBAWHoops

Right need to get some things off my chest re the doom mongers on here and the constant arguments they trot out every time we don't win 3/4-0

1) 'We should play 2 up top' - This is a very simple one... Cherry is the best player at the club. The team is built around him. You cannot play Cherry in his best position (behind the striker) and then play a further two up top. You would then have 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder and two wingers. No defensive midfielder in the world can cope with that. 'But Leicester played 2 up top' I hear you cry. They sort of did, Okazaki played behind Vardy as opposed to alongside him, they also had Kante in midfield who happens to be the best DM in the world right now. Look at Leicester's form without him to see how they are struggling.

2) We should play 442 - Having dealt with Leicester above, name me a successful side playing 442? In order to play that you need two central midfielders who can do everything and two out and out wingers who can do everything. We don't have those players. The last time we played 442 was at home to Fulham who absolutely dicked us. The formation is essentially dead in the modern game

3) JFH should go - Without getting too much into it I look at the improved performances of Polter, Luongo, Shodipo and Smithies that tell me the man knows how to develop a player. Let him work with his squad. Evidence is literally in front of our eyes that he can improve players. Sylla, Borysiuk, Yeni, Bidwell all players that should benefit from time at the club.
That said, his in game management has been poor at times and it's something he needs to work on. Last night at 2-0 he should have moved a man onto Shelvey to wrestle some control back

4) Warnock is the answer - I mean, c'mon. The man lost 6-0 at Fulham lest we forget. Also since he left QPR his only success has been keeping Rotherham up (which was superb). He's failed at Leeds & Palace quite spectacularly. Also, we know he can't cut it in the Prem so what happens when we are near the play offs? Do we sack him and bring someone else in?

5) Washington is League 1 standard - I actually like CW. He works hard and looks OK to me. We spent £2m on him less than a year ago, we can't just write that off. Keep working on him and the goals will come. He's developed very quickly so far, let's help him get up to standard

6) We should play Sandro - I mean, jesus christ. I assume the people suggesting this are the sort that let their girlfriend cheat on them with an array of other men but still give them lifts round to their nan's because their cheating whore promised them a whiff of pussy if they did. Have some self respect. Why Sandro? Is he good? when has he ever played well for QPR? He's currently unfit, fat and unmotivated. he's also worse than Henry... yep, worse than karl henry. Remember in the Prem when Henry was superb in the DM role for us? When has Sandro ever reached those levels? He has never played well for this club. DO NOT SODDING PLAY HIM

7) Onouha is a crap captain - Let's have a suggestion for who else should be our skipper? It's a young squad and Onouha is the most experienced. Just because he doesn't shout all day every day doesn't mean he isn't a leader. he's no Alan McDonald, but perhaps he is the most respected player in the dressing room and therefore an obvious choice of captain?

8) Chris Ramsey being at the club is terrible - He's, by all accounts, a great coach. He does bugger all with the first team. his presence there really doesn't matter and is just a pointless argument that does nobody any good.

It isn't perfect, and last night was horrendous. I'm not all happy clappy by any stretch of the imagination. However some people need to get a grip.
Thought fans were great last night, stuck with the team far longer than they had any right to

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 10:48 - Sep 14 with 2666 viewsWokingR

Sorry mate, but you've gone far too early with this
6-0 equals at least 2 days of mass hysteria, teeth grinding and pitch fork sharpening before any sort of sense or reason can be very slowly introduced
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 10:51 - Sep 14 with 2637 viewsCamberleyR

Spot on BAW. Cannot disagree with any of that.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:05 - Sep 14 with 2592 viewsstevec

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 10:51 - Sep 14 by CamberleyR

Spot on BAW. Cannot disagree with any of that.

I can.

Chery is instrumental? No goals in open play suggests otherwise. He is a good player, possibly the best we've got, but we're trying to build a side round his game and it clearly isn't working.

Two up front doesn't work, apart from Leicester?!! Methinks we have a much greater parallel with them then any others in that stratosphere. 1 up front is all very well when you've got master technicians in midfield. We haven't.

Washington has improved? Seriously?
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:11 - Sep 14 with 2545 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I disagree with the idea that CW can play the lone role.

You could try 4-3-1-2 I suppose. Its not as if we're getting much from our wingers currently, in terms of BFG and the rest being required to get on the end of anything and everything coming in from the flanks.

I am not for hoofing JFH. However, the overly defensive set-up at home to teams at the bottom and the top, clearly isn't working. Neither is this great pressing game evident since we walloped, and walloped well, a poor Leeds United on the opening day.

I know you can look leggy when getting the run around, but we were so not at the races last night. We looked ponderous at best and Lord knows where this high-pressing all action mantra has gone to?

We're all entitled to a bad day at the office, but I doubt anyone present last night thought that team had an earthly chance before the k.o. and certainly, ten minutes in, the writing for a drubbing was well and truly on the wall.

Chery in this league and with these players, is not, dare I say it, the same as Adel with the players back then in a weaker Championship then it is now. If TC doesn't play, then neither do we. Clearly Toon knew that as they did our weakness down the right flank.

I think we can become obsessed with 'formations' too much and whether you like 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 or whatever, if players play well in the right positions, you can play any formation you want. Toon played well last night, Ritchie tore us a new one and we played bad and for the life of me, Perch right mid??

I hope and am sure JFH can learn from this. However, one thing that he does need to get his head around; being overly defensive at home isn't going to work for us as the last three games have shown in terms of points and performances.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:12 - Sep 14 with 2542 viewsozexile

We could play 442 diamond. Would make us narrow but that way chery could play 10.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:17 - Sep 14 with 2505 viewsBAWHoops

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:12 - Sep 14 by ozexile

We could play 442 diamond. Would make us narrow but that way chery could play 10.

Who is sitting as the DM?

Also our full backs aren't attacking enough for that to work

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:19 - Sep 14 with 2495 viewsLadbrokeR

Fair play i think you've got some nuts posting this. I'm far from a doom monger but my patience is wearing thin.

Firstly this isn't about not winning 3/4-0. We are talking about a record club home defeat.

I don't think that i'm alone i didn't understand the selection and i didn't understand the tactics and Jimmys coments dont endear him to the fans.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:21 - Sep 14 with 2474 viewsozexile

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:17 - Sep 14 by BAWHoops

Who is sitting as the DM?

Also our full backs aren't attacking enough for that to work

Polish fella. I'm not saying it's the way forward. But could it be worse than recent performances.
Login to get fewer ads

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:56 - Sep 14 with 2385 viewsHunterhoop

BAW,

Agree with most of what you say and certainly the sentiment, but one things I'd challenge (for the sake of having a rational debate on here whilst the gnashing of teeth and hysteria is in its pomp).

1) 442 - I agree that in many cases, with many squads, a flawed system. However, it CAN work if the right players are deployed and the right style employed. Newcastle played 4-4-2 yesterday. At times it was more like 4-2-4 given how far forward their wide players were stationed. In theory, with us playing our 4-4-1-1 (that's really what we're playing anyway..., although call it 4-2-3-1 if we must), we should have outnumbered their two CMs (Shelvey and their no. 14) 3:2. In addition, we should have been able to get behind their midfield easily due to numbers in the middle 3rd of the pitch. We didn't though. We never got close to Shelvey. He ran the game, had time and space to shoot or play contless 20-30 yard passes. Ultimately, Cousins and Henry were utterly woeful, got nowehere near their CMs, started sitting deeper and deeper, without the ball, or dropping into the back 4 to pick it up. What this meant was when they then looked to pass it, they had their 2 CMs in front of them, Chery in the distance....and so went backwards time and time again. Point being, 4-4-2 CAN work. If you have two excellent, fit, CMs, and go wide players who stay wide and make the pitch wide, it can work.

However, given how awful Henry and Cousins have been it would be an utter disaster for us to play it.

Our biggest problem, and it was the same last year, stems from our central midfield partnership. The reason why we always looked better with Faurlin, and why he was such an standout player for us, was his movement when WE had the ball. He was always looking to find space in the middle (ie. not dropping into centre half) to receive a pass to feet. He gave our full backs and centre halves an out ball to feet. Yes, his legs had gone, people could run off him, etc, but he, almost singlehandledly for several years, allowed us to retain possession, without pointlessly passing it across the back 4 until we ended up hitting a long ball.

Yesterday, against an opposition that were excellent, pressed quickly and as a unit, our two central midfielders were completely out of their depth...and they hid. Both wanted to drop back to the safety of being next to one of our back 4 to get the ball (so they had some time and space). Problem is...where's your option now? Newcastle were touch tight on everyone, and you, one of our central midfielders, now aren't in central midfield to receive a pass. Unsurprisingly, pressed for time, we misplace a risky pass or go long.

In addition, when we did get the ball on the deck around the half way line both Henry, but especially Cousins have a horrible habit I've noticed of stopping after they play a pass. Again, compare to Faurlin. He was always trying to create triangles but move us forward in the process. He'd play a pass, but keep moving into space to offer for it back (and to pull their midfield about, possibility creating space for someone else). He understood movement off the ball when in possession is key to enabling you to attack and retain possession. What was it Fergie said about Barcelona? A merry go round. All their midfielders are moving....always. The only player we have who moves to free himself to receive a pass to feet is Chery...if the oppo stifle him, we have no way of playing.

So many times yesterday Cousins, played a pass and stopped. Job done. He just stood or walked alongside the man marking him. Yes, he can run with the ball forward when he has space to run into, but he's not a ball playing central midfielder because he simply doesn't do the basics to be one. Pass AND MOVE. Pass AND MOVE.

This has been our biggest issue all season...and since JFH has come in. We simply don't work hard enough when IN possession. He's so hung up on working hard off the ball, I think he and players have forgotten about the importance of moving and working harder in possession. You don't need to do this against weak League 1 oppo, because it's easier it's a simpler game in that league. Get it forward early and if your forward and no. 10 are good, you'll more often than not get a goal or two. In the Championship, teams are better.

Yesterday we saw an excellent Championship team. One of the best I've seen at this level ever. And what was the most impressive thing? They were always moving. Always. We couldn't get near them. Not because they got the ball and dribbled past 3 players....but because they kept getting the ball in space. How? They were moving off the ball so brilliantly and we couldn't keep up with them. They showed what you can do if you pass AND MOVE well in possession. And without the ball, they showed up Henry's lack of legs now, and Cousins (in particular) lack of positional awareness, and brains.

If we don't change things (personnel in the middle and approach) good teams will batter us and average to bad sides we will draw with or win/lose by one goal all season.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:59 - Sep 14 with 2370 viewszizoustainrod

"We should play Sandro - I mean, jesus christ. I assume the people suggesting this are the sort that let their girlfriend cheat on them with an array of other men but still give them lifts round to their nan's because their cheating whore promised them a whiff of pussy if they did. Have some self respect."
That is exactly how I feel about Sandro too. Play him in the cup if you must but otherwise he only gets near the team as injury cover.

I loved Neil Warnock's time here (and thought he was treated poorly in the end) but those days are long gone. We've moved on.

Performances on the field aren't tremendous but I still feel closer to the club than I have since we last won the Championship. I like what Hoos, Ferdinand and Hasselbaink are trying to do. They'll have my support for a long while yet.

Suggesting a managerial change is soooooooooooo tiresome. None of you can come up with a realistic alternative that will guarantee locked-in instant success. You can't. Every change is a gamble (only have to look at our past record to see that). It is so bl%*dy easy to spout forth after a dire spell of results but the reality is there is a reason that none of you whingers is managing at this level.....
I'm not happy with the results either but I want Jimmy to take stock of where the team is at, take responsibility, and work hard to implement positive change.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 12:04 - Sep 14 with 2334 viewsadhoc_qpr

Boring, depressing, sensible, frugal and now embarrassing - JFH's time so far has been a bit of a mixed bag to be fair.

But one thing it has utterly lacked (barring maybe the Leeds game) is excitement of any kind.

Chery is our best player, but maybe as a team we'd get better results with Sylla & Poulter rampaging around upfront ahead of the non-stop running of Borysiuk and Cousins?

You can't say for sure but JFH's 'tactics' are not working and he seems incapable at this early stage of recognizing that, let alone correcting it.

I don't want to jump on the managerial merry go round again though. Let's leave JFH to it and get the new players settled in and up to speed and reassess in a few months.

But i do think this result has started the countdown on JFH after that disgraceful showing and only a solid run of consistent performances can pause that.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 12:10 - Sep 14 with 2305 viewsNW10Hoop

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 11:56 - Sep 14 by Hunterhoop

BAW,

Agree with most of what you say and certainly the sentiment, but one things I'd challenge (for the sake of having a rational debate on here whilst the gnashing of teeth and hysteria is in its pomp).

1) 442 - I agree that in many cases, with many squads, a flawed system. However, it CAN work if the right players are deployed and the right style employed. Newcastle played 4-4-2 yesterday. At times it was more like 4-2-4 given how far forward their wide players were stationed. In theory, with us playing our 4-4-1-1 (that's really what we're playing anyway..., although call it 4-2-3-1 if we must), we should have outnumbered their two CMs (Shelvey and their no. 14) 3:2. In addition, we should have been able to get behind their midfield easily due to numbers in the middle 3rd of the pitch. We didn't though. We never got close to Shelvey. He ran the game, had time and space to shoot or play contless 20-30 yard passes. Ultimately, Cousins and Henry were utterly woeful, got nowehere near their CMs, started sitting deeper and deeper, without the ball, or dropping into the back 4 to pick it up. What this meant was when they then looked to pass it, they had their 2 CMs in front of them, Chery in the distance....and so went backwards time and time again. Point being, 4-4-2 CAN work. If you have two excellent, fit, CMs, and go wide players who stay wide and make the pitch wide, it can work.

However, given how awful Henry and Cousins have been it would be an utter disaster for us to play it.

Our biggest problem, and it was the same last year, stems from our central midfield partnership. The reason why we always looked better with Faurlin, and why he was such an standout player for us, was his movement when WE had the ball. He was always looking to find space in the middle (ie. not dropping into centre half) to receive a pass to feet. He gave our full backs and centre halves an out ball to feet. Yes, his legs had gone, people could run off him, etc, but he, almost singlehandledly for several years, allowed us to retain possession, without pointlessly passing it across the back 4 until we ended up hitting a long ball.

Yesterday, against an opposition that were excellent, pressed quickly and as a unit, our two central midfielders were completely out of their depth...and they hid. Both wanted to drop back to the safety of being next to one of our back 4 to get the ball (so they had some time and space). Problem is...where's your option now? Newcastle were touch tight on everyone, and you, one of our central midfielders, now aren't in central midfield to receive a pass. Unsurprisingly, pressed for time, we misplace a risky pass or go long.

In addition, when we did get the ball on the deck around the half way line both Henry, but especially Cousins have a horrible habit I've noticed of stopping after they play a pass. Again, compare to Faurlin. He was always trying to create triangles but move us forward in the process. He'd play a pass, but keep moving into space to offer for it back (and to pull their midfield about, possibility creating space for someone else). He understood movement off the ball when in possession is key to enabling you to attack and retain possession. What was it Fergie said about Barcelona? A merry go round. All their midfielders are moving....always. The only player we have who moves to free himself to receive a pass to feet is Chery...if the oppo stifle him, we have no way of playing.

So many times yesterday Cousins, played a pass and stopped. Job done. He just stood or walked alongside the man marking him. Yes, he can run with the ball forward when he has space to run into, but he's not a ball playing central midfielder because he simply doesn't do the basics to be one. Pass AND MOVE. Pass AND MOVE.

This has been our biggest issue all season...and since JFH has come in. We simply don't work hard enough when IN possession. He's so hung up on working hard off the ball, I think he and players have forgotten about the importance of moving and working harder in possession. You don't need to do this against weak League 1 oppo, because it's easier it's a simpler game in that league. Get it forward early and if your forward and no. 10 are good, you'll more often than not get a goal or two. In the Championship, teams are better.

Yesterday we saw an excellent Championship team. One of the best I've seen at this level ever. And what was the most impressive thing? They were always moving. Always. We couldn't get near them. Not because they got the ball and dribbled past 3 players....but because they kept getting the ball in space. How? They were moving off the ball so brilliantly and we couldn't keep up with them. They showed what you can do if you pass AND MOVE well in possession. And without the ball, they showed up Henry's lack of legs now, and Cousins (in particular) lack of positional awareness, and brains.

If we don't change things (personnel in the middle and approach) good teams will batter us and average to bad sides we will draw with or win/lose by one goal all season.

Good post.

Newcastle never stopped moving, QPR seemed to want to stop the ball dead and have a think before playing any pass, giving Newcastle time to swarm all over them.

That was an exceptional Championship team, with a Champion's League winning manager calling the shots. I hope there's stuff that JFH and the team can learn from last night, you've got to learn from your mistakes, but I'm a little worried that the manner of the beating may set us back a bit.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 12:13 - Sep 14 with 2285 viewsR_from_afar

People talk about attacking more, but tell me this, do we really have sufficient attacking quality to play a more open game?

I totally agree with HunterHoop about Faurlin (and the need to pass and move) and the qualities he brought but the Faurlin ship has sailed, regrettably.

Much as I hate to see us lose, err, get thrashed, I mean, that result could do us a big favour in the long term. It has shown everyone at QPR the level we need to get to to have a chance of going up, whenever that might be. It’s shown the players they are not as good as they might think they are and it has shown the staff that much more work is needed. It could be the shot in the arm we need. Could….

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 12:18 - Sep 14 with 2259 viewsDorse

I might be missing the point but how does one bunk a myth in the first place for it to need debunking? Who are these bunkers? It's the bunkees I feel sorry for.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 12:49 - Sep 14 with 2184 viewsLblock

Are you seriously happy with what ODH has served up across his whole tenure at the club?

It reads to me like you are.

It was crap under Hughes, Bagpuss, Benny and a patch of Warnock but come on.... this is total monotony and we are going backwards.
Buck stops with Bungle I suppose. Certainly does in my book as I'd of kept Warnock, after what he had achieved he'd earnt the right to a full season in the Prem. He had his faults and some of his players signed were bad signings but he was experienced and honest.

We are heading into a dog fight that again we are ill equipped to deal with.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 13:05 - Sep 14 with 2112 viewsTacticalR

@Hunterhoop 'In addition, when we did get the ball on the deck around the half way line both Henry, but especially Cousins have a horrible habit I've noticed of stopping after they play a pass. Again, compare to Faurlin. He was always trying to create triangles but move us forward in the process. He'd play a pass, but keep moving into space to offer for it back (and to pull their midfield about, possibility creating space for someone else). He understood movement off the ball when in possession is key to enabling you to attack and retain possession. What was it Fergie said about Barcelona? A merry go round. All their midfielders are moving....always. The only player we have who moves to free himself to receive a pass to feet is Chery...if the oppo stifle him, we have no way of playing.

So many times yesterday Cousins, played a pass and stopped. Job done. He just stood or walked alongside the man marking him. Yes, he can run with the ball forward when he has space to run into, but he's not a ball playing central midfielder because he simply doesn't do the basics to be one. Pass AND MOVE. Pass AND MOVE.'

Yes, big problem. I noticed that in one of the recent England games - very little movement off the ball when England are in possession.

@Hunterhoop 'This has been our biggest issue all season...and since JFH has come in. We simply don't work hard enough when IN possession. He's so hung up on working hard off the ball, I think he and players have forgotten about the importance of moving and working harder in possession. You don't need to do this against weak League 1 oppo, because it's easier it's a simpler game in that league. Get it forward early and if your forward and no. 10 are good, you'll more often than not get a goal or two. In the Championship, teams are better.'

It's pressing, the dark side. However, you do actually need to play football, and at the moment the creative spark is missing, especially without Shodipo and Luongo, which leaves everything on Chery's shoulders.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 13:05]

Air hostess clique

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 13:08 - Sep 14 with 2085 viewsR_from_afar

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 12:49 - Sep 14 by Lblock

Are you seriously happy with what ODH has served up across his whole tenure at the club?

It reads to me like you are.

It was crap under Hughes, Bagpuss, Benny and a patch of Warnock but come on.... this is total monotony and we are going backwards.
Buck stops with Bungle I suppose. Certainly does in my book as I'd of kept Warnock, after what he had achieved he'd earnt the right to a full season in the Prem. He had his faults and some of his players signed were bad signings but he was experienced and honest.

We are heading into a dog fight that again we are ill equipped to deal with.

Are you going to provide a glossary of terms, perhaps in the footer of your avatar?

Bear of very little brain that I am, I am struggling to keep up and am unsure what the initials "OD" stand for. Is it "Oh Dear"? The glossary would also be a boon for new readers.

I'm not happy with that drubbing but The Toon are better than us and in a rich vein of form. It was highly likely that we were going to get a doing, and that likelihood increased with the flukey deflected goal.

As for this "We should've kept Warnock" thing, I really think we should move on from that on the basis that Warnock did not want to be kept. He just didn't and who can blame him, he's a fair age and most people want to kick back by the time they reach such an age. Managing Rangers is not usually linked with longevity.

As usual, I think the players are getting off quite lightly but hey ho. I have posted it elsewhere but I think getting tonked in a game we were likely to lose anyway could actually be the catalyst for an improvement. Only time will tell....

RFA (Acronymn: Ranger from a long way away. Not truly that far away, I just like the alliterative qualities)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 13:33 - Sep 14 with 1985 viewscalHoop

Agree with a fair amount of this.

I do think though that there is an obsession with Chery's role in the team, that could be the root cause of all this.

For me, he doesn't contribute a huge amount in open play. Rarely beats a player, or threads a pass through. Doesn't exactly show for things as much as he should. As a result teams get a chance to turn on our midfield quickly, and a midfield two that sit far too deep. I'm not expecting him to run the game, but with the relative luxury he's afforded, we should expect a bit more. That role in a 4-4-1-1 is pivotal to the way we play.

Personally I'd play him wide in a front three. And concentrate on having three central midfielders. With 3 in there we can play further up the park too. We don't have the squad or wingers for 4-4-1-1 as things stand.
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 14:31 - Sep 14 with 1888 viewsJigsore

Really agree about 4-4-2, it's dead in the water for at least another generation unless you happen to have a Kanté who is just phenomenal.

I see Bournemouth play formations like 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1 if they're facing stronger teams with Surman in front of the defence, somewhere Henry could easily play. Since we have willing grafters out wide that could work for us with Chery dropping deep to give us numbers in midfield when we lose posession.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 20:12 - Sep 14 with 1678 viewsbaz_qpr

I don't think 4-4-2 is the answer (we played it 30 minutes last night) but I also think Chery in the 10 is causing us problems as well. we could have played a narrow 3 last night but the way they were pinging cross field passes around from wing to wing would have made no difference. My thinking at half time was that 3-5-2 would have been the only solution to our problem but we would have needed 3 subs and we only had 2 left.

Another one of the problems is we just move the ball too slowly, everyone needs two touches, so we never get behind teams, and no one gets close enough to the striker.

Other issues for me are that we are small and lacking strength, a real lack of leadership on the field and creativity.

I'm not very impressed truth be told with our recent acquisitions. Jake Bidwell might be steady but he is very average steady. The french winger can't beat his man. Washington I'm sorry looks like he is the wrong player at the wrong club in the wrong system. Cousins looked ok at Blackburn but was diabolical last night.

I don't think we are going down and I hope that Cilla will make a real difference but I can't see us any higher than mid table and I think squad wise we are weaker not stronger than last year
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 20:56 - Sep 14 with 1621 viewsRangersw12

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 20:12 - Sep 14 by baz_qpr

I don't think 4-4-2 is the answer (we played it 30 minutes last night) but I also think Chery in the 10 is causing us problems as well. we could have played a narrow 3 last night but the way they were pinging cross field passes around from wing to wing would have made no difference. My thinking at half time was that 3-5-2 would have been the only solution to our problem but we would have needed 3 subs and we only had 2 left.

Another one of the problems is we just move the ball too slowly, everyone needs two touches, so we never get behind teams, and no one gets close enough to the striker.

Other issues for me are that we are small and lacking strength, a real lack of leadership on the field and creativity.

I'm not very impressed truth be told with our recent acquisitions. Jake Bidwell might be steady but he is very average steady. The french winger can't beat his man. Washington I'm sorry looks like he is the wrong player at the wrong club in the wrong system. Cousins looked ok at Blackburn but was diabolical last night.

I don't think we are going down and I hope that Cilla will make a real difference but I can't see us any higher than mid table and I think squad wise we are weaker not stronger than last year

The French wingers Dad died over the weekend and he has just come to a different country so I will get him slack at the moment . It will take time for all the foreign players to get to grips with English football

Don't think we can right off any of the new signings just yet and I think we will be stronger in the 2nd half of season that's if our fans dont run another manager out of W12 that is
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 21:10]
Trying to debunk some moan myths on 21:05 - Sep 14 with 1604 viewsHollowayRanger

Don't matter what formation we play what matters is we cant score from open play how can you expect fans to keep turning up just in hope of a corner or freekick or penalty

played off park yesterday but it was the two goals conceded at corners that made me angry there's no excuse for them

hasslewrong wants 451 fine but having only 1 striker that can play it isn't very clever

Washington wont score 5 goals this season doesn't have pace and is not suited to play lone striker roll ,yesterday hasslewrong kept telling players to keep ball on floor but that clever Newcastle manager told his players to chase hound us all over the pitch forcing us to hit it long ,Washington won what 5% if that

against weaker teams we will be ok but mid table is about as good as we will be

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 21:25 - Sep 14 with 1575 viewskensalriser

I know a lot were in denial at the start of the season but the truth is that the squad has far less quality than it did last August.

Sure, we got got rid of most of the overpaid, underperforming supposed primadonnas and lots of us were happy about that, but they've been replaced by Championship and League 1 players and surprise surprise, they're not as good as the players that have gone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 22:00 - Sep 14 with 1514 viewsStanisgod

We miss Philips and Hoillet

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 1466 viewsLblock

Trying to debunk some moan myths on 21:05 - Sep 14 by HollowayRanger

Don't matter what formation we play what matters is we cant score from open play how can you expect fans to keep turning up just in hope of a corner or freekick or penalty

played off park yesterday but it was the two goals conceded at corners that made me angry there's no excuse for them

hasslewrong wants 451 fine but having only 1 striker that can play it isn't very clever

Washington wont score 5 goals this season doesn't have pace and is not suited to play lone striker roll ,yesterday hasslewrong kept telling players to keep ball on floor but that clever Newcastle manager told his players to chase hound us all over the pitch forcing us to hit it long ,Washington won what 5% if that

against weaker teams we will be ok but mid table is about as good as we will be

Weaker teams like PNE and Blackburn Rovers?

If I had the photoshop skills I'd be doctoring a picture of Laurel & Hardy with Les and Bungle and the well known "another fine mess" catchphrase

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024