Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla 17:48 - Nov 5 with 1789 viewsbosh67

He didn't have a great game against Brentford but still had a header cleared off the line. Now 4 goals in 9 appearances. I just wish they would play him and Polter up front week in week out and let them form a proper partnership with two wide players putting balls in to them both. It's not rocket science.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla on 18:50 - Nov 5 with 1567 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Not only is it not Rocket science, it was the only time we looked like doing anything today. Stop all this 4,2,3,1 bollocks and play 442 with 2 forwards, 2 wide players and 2 I'm the idle how can win a ball and then actually do something with it!
Sylla on 18:50 - Nov 5 with 1565 viewsichbinnaughty

Those two together, being fed crosses, would tear defences in this division a new harsol.
You might conceivably have two 20 goal strikers there.
Sure we might concede a few but it would be exciting.
Sylla on 19:14 - Nov 5 with 1466 viewsHunterhoop

Whether it's one of them and Chery/Washington playing in a true no. 10 position off them OR both the big buys, if we could just play every game with two proper wingers and sling in crosses, I'm convinced we'd be fine and Polter, Sylla or both of them would score a lot of goals.

Bin this "narrow" approach. No Cousins or Gladwin out wide. No inverted wingers. Proper wingers (like Wscolek and Shodipo) on both flanks, hugging the touching, dropping short to receive it to feet and then going at their full back trying to beat him on the outside to the by line.
Sylla on 20:27 - Nov 5 with 1290 viewsbaz_qpr

Sylla on 18:50 - Nov 5 by dodge_stoke_r

Not only is it not Rocket science, it was the only time we looked like doing anything today. Stop all this 4,2,3,1 bollocks and play 442 with 2 forwards, 2 wide players and 2 I'm the idle how can win a ball and then actually do something with it!

If you are going to play 4-4-2 you need to play 1 winger and one tucking in 2 out and out wingers has not worked in 25 years even at their pomp Man utd had Beckham
Sylla on 08:59 - Nov 6 with 1004 viewsHonkytonks

Sylla on 20:27 - Nov 5 by baz_qpr

If you are going to play 4-4-2 you need to play 1 winger and one tucking in 2 out and out wingers has not worked in 25 years even at their pomp Man utd had Beckham

These modern day fancy formations are two bob...4 3 3....two speedy wide men who can deliver a cross and a center forward who can head the ball....simples
Sylla on 09:03 - Nov 6 with 997 viewsToast_R

Sylla on 20:27 - Nov 5 by baz_qpr

In the Championship you can probably get away with it. I'm all for getting beat with our boots on rather then trying not to lose with led weights on.
Sylla on 09:20 - Nov 6 with 963 viewsWatfordR

Sylla on 18:50 - Nov 5 by dodge_stoke_r

I've never been convinced that 4231 can work for any team unless it has exceptional players who are good enough quality to do the chasing and defensive work as well as provide creative and attacking support.

It's essentially 451 that gets picked apart because players consistently get caught out of position for the rest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024