Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark warburton anyone 08:56 - Nov 6 with 4288 viewsHonkytonks

Discuss....proven at this level and scottish football is a joke so im.sure he would jump at the chance!
Mark warburton anyone on 08:58 - Nov 6 with 4276 viewseghamranger

Yes please... wanted him before Ramsey.

Can't see him moving to us from Rangers.

Can't see us getting anyone else but TS 😡😡
Mark warburton anyone on 08:59 - Nov 6 with 4270 viewsToast_R

He signed Joey Barton and look what happened...
Mark warburton anyone on 09:01 - Nov 6 with 4251 viewsHonkytonks

Mark warburton anyone on 08:58 - Nov 6 by eghamranger

Yes please... wanted him before Ramsey.

Can't see him moving to us from Rangers.

Can't see us getting anyone else but TS 😡😡

I hope we look at him as he was highly reguarded before he went up north to get rangers back up..i agree not an unduley hard task but surely someone the fans can unite behind!
Mark warburton anyone on 11:47 - Nov 6 with 4000 viewsdanehoop

Mark warburton anyone on 09:01 - Nov 6 by Honkytonks

I hope we look at him as he was highly reguarded before he went up north to get rangers back up..i agree not an unduley hard task but surely someone the fans can unite behind!

With our current fan base, I sincerely doubt that anyone available would unite us at all. Before the first game someone would have provided a derogatory name to the new incumbent or found some previous association or tenuous link not to their liking and used that as evidence as to why someone was unsuitable.

We have the possibly the most poisonous seemingly overly entitled and possibly short term fan base outside of Chelshit, Scouseland or Manushyted at the moment. We are a middling Championship club with less than average facilities, a small antiquated ground and modest attendance. We have a squad in transition as we move to adapt our outgoings to match our income. But somehow people expect that will happen overnight and that constantly seeking new blood or booing our players and staff when things are going less well will suddenly get us promoted to our apparently rightful place in the premiership.

Whoever comes next will have a hell of a task to get to grips with what now must be a demotivated and baffled squad. All those youth team players who thought they might have chance will need to think again. Those who broke through to the squad may find themselves out again. Players that were brought in because they bought into JFH's ideas, training and philosophy and the long term plan will likewise be concerned.

I am so hoping that we do well, find the right fit as manager for us and get new manager bounce and momentum. But how many will really fancy this place and expectations that will be seemingly be in weeks or two months for sudden progress, when the reality is that it will take several years to get back into something resembling what QPR is about after more than a decade of decline?

Never knowingly understood

Mark warburton anyone on 12:26 - Nov 6 with 3933 viewsbrad

no thanks
Mark warburton anyone on 12:28 - Nov 6 with 3925 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That ship sailed a long time ago.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 12:36]
Mark warburton anyone on 12:34 - Nov 6 with 3905 viewsMrSheen

Just watching the game at the moment and their defence is a shambles. Warburton obviously insists on them playing out from the back and it's an accident waiting to happen. The players just aren't good enough. Nice to see the goals from two old boys, Clint and Andrew Davies.
Mark warburton anyone on 13:02 - Nov 6 with 3863 views18StoneOfHoop

Mark warburton anyone on 12:26 - Nov 6 by brad

no thanks

No need to expand,brad.

Regular readers of LFW will know just what
Brand brad represents.
(No?...me either.)

If you say 'no thanks' that's good enough for us..

reasons/schmeasons

..and evidence from experts is highly over-rated too
as Michael Gove will tell you.

As for Benny The Ball no back up to the assertion
'that ship has sailed ling ago'

Out of a pretty piss poor quality list of candidates mentioned by the bookies
I'd go for Mark Warburton eloquent,confident,knows what this division is all about,talks a lot of sense Mark Warburton even if looking at the whole of his time at Glasgow Rangers his reputation can be seen as going marginally backwards..why the fook anybody buys pricey dressing room divider Joey at 34 is beyond my ken.

What an attacking flair-filled entertaining side he assembled at Griffin just a couple of years ago though. Moses Odubajo,Jake Bidwell,Harlee Dean,Andre Gray,Jota,Alan Judge,Alex Pritchard,Stuart Dallas,Jonathan Douglas great to watch.A lot of these players careers progressing onto bigger and better things after their Griffin spell and providing money for reinvestment. The football was the antithesis of JFH's grind it out long-ball nick it by one philosophy.

However maybe his time in Scotland can be viewed like Eddie Howe at Burnley..a particular club that has a lot in place,is just not a natural fit for whatever reason. That doesn't bust their reputation or mean they are a spit/mediocre manager forever though.

Football for me used to be as easy as ABC ; Anyone But Countski
Now it's ABS.

Tim Out
boooooooooooooooooooo

You can stick your gillet,tie,barbour and sleeveless jumper up yr jacksie
and go and carve a rep in the 4th tier or non-league if you want anyone to respect you. #PayAndEarnYourDues arrogant twotface

No,no,no.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 13:19]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Mark warburton anyone on 13:24 - Nov 6 with 3814 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice headed goal for our Clint.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark warburton anyone on 14:14 - Nov 6 with 3734 viewsonlyrinmoray

Mark warburton anyone on 13:24 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Nice headed goal for our Clint.

Good performance from the Staggies. Always liked Chris Burke MOTM always thought he would be a good signing for us too late now Well done Clint still hate Glasgow Rangers though
Mark warburton anyone on 14:15 - Nov 6 with 3730 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The patently obvious does not require qualification but I'll indulge you. Quite simply the board ignored him when he was available for nothing and he is now manager of Glasgow Rangers. Why would the board have a sudden and costly change of heart? Moreover, why would Warburton leave them to join little ol' QPR (especially after being overlooked first time around)?

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him first time around and would be reasonably happy if he came but I can't see it happening.
Mark warburton anyone on 14:50 - Nov 6 with 3680 viewsDannytheR

Even allowing for the fact we lay down for them, Brentford under Dean Smith looked a lot better to me than Brentford under Warburton did.

Reminds me a bit of another notably well-run club whose supposedly hotshot manager went elsewhere, only for the club to actually continue to do very well indeed in his absence.

I think they were called Burton Albion.

Still, good point against the might of Ross County today.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 14:51]
Mark warburton anyone on 14:57 - Nov 6 with 3647 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mark warburton anyone on 14:14 - Nov 6 by onlyrinmoray

Good performance from the Staggies. Always liked Chris Burke MOTM always thought he would be a good signing for us too late now Well done Clint still hate Glasgow Rangers though

Lord I detest them! (Celtic too).

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark warburton anyone on 15:02 - Nov 6 with 3618 viewskomradkirk

The Rangers connection would prove a big obstacle for a large section of our support.
Mark warburton anyone on 15:04 - Nov 6 with 3607 viewsbosh67

He would be excellent here but is doing well at Rangers so why come here? Would certainly know how to run the club on a budget and make us profitable, given his background.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark warburton anyone on 15:07 - Nov 6 with 3594 viewsDannytheR

Mark warburton anyone on 15:02 - Nov 6 by komradkirk

The Rangers connection would prove a big obstacle for a large section of our support.

Would be a big plus point for another section though.
Mark warburton anyone on 15:11 - Nov 6 with 3578 views18StoneOfHoop

Mark warburton anyone on 14:50 - Nov 6 by DannytheR

Even allowing for the fact we lay down for them, Brentford under Dean Smith looked a lot better to me than Brentford under Warburton did.

Reminds me a bit of another notably well-run club whose supposedly hotshot manager went elsewhere, only for the club to actually continue to do very well indeed in his absence.

I think they were called Burton Albion.

Still, good point against the might of Ross County today.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 14:51]

Have to agree to disagree,Danny.
Matthew Benham was absolutely crackers mid-season to undermine the best manager in the Bees history. Dean Smith is doing a good job but having seen seven Bees games this season the style entertainment and flair of the current Bees can not compare to Warburton's side.Warburton finished his Brentford managerial career with 40 wins, 16 draws, 22 losses and a winning percentage of 51.28%, the highest of any Brentford manager. Dean Smith 39% at BFC.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Mark warburton anyone on 15:21 - Nov 6 with 3528 viewsMrSheen

Off topic a little, but is there a more boring badge than Ross County's? It looks like it should be on a box of frozen beefburgers.

Mark warburton anyone on 15:22 - Nov 6 with 3526 viewsTGRRRSSS

Smith is managing them at a higher (and therefore tougher) level.

I think Warburton has something but not sure he would be a fit after JFH got Chelsea thrown at him now and them, surely Warburton would his Brentford connections be used against him?
Mark warburton anyone on 15:30 - Nov 6 with 3499 viewsdaveB

Warburton would be on my shortlist along with Lee Johnson and Karl Robinson
Mark warburton anyone on 15:37 - Nov 6 with 3470 views18StoneOfHoop

Mark warburton anyone on 15:22 - Nov 6 by TGRRRSSS

Smith is managing them at a higher (and therefore tougher) level.

I think Warburton has something but not sure he would be a fit after JFH got Chelsea thrown at him now and them, surely Warburton would his Brentford connections be used against him?

TGRRRSSS, Warburton in 2014/5 when he was undermined was working at the same level i.e. the second tier as Dean Smith is now.

Paul Clement, the clear leader on Brian's poll as the next LR incumbent, to my mind showed at Derby he couldn't cut it as a manager - a touch like McLaren post Newcastle I initially thought*,I'm a bit surprised how he's got them rejuvenated,as of now,perhaps Brian Kidd a better example - and is more suited to being a very good no.2 at one of the world's best clubs. More reason than most to see QPR as a big step-down career-wise,financially too surely and hassle he just doesn't need.

* By the way what a chip wedge pass and over-the-shoulder volley strike from Will Hughes and Marcus Bent yesterday. A skill soaked stupendous mudder fugger of a goal.

Warburton didn't 'blow the whole situation up' mid-season Hanham did.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/brentford-refuse-to-
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 15:55]

Mark warburton anyone on 15:40 - Nov 6 with 3459 viewsDannytheR

Mark warburton anyone on 15:11 - Nov 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

Have to agree to disagree,Danny.
Matthew Benham was absolutely crackers mid-season to undermine the best manager in the Bees history. Dean Smith is doing a good job but having seen seven Bees games this season the style entertainment and flair of the current Bees can not compare to Warburton's side.Warburton finished his Brentford managerial career with 40 wins, 16 draws, 22 losses and a winning percentage of 51.28%, the highest of any Brentford manager. Dean Smith 39% at BFC.

But the success he had managing Brentford was built on an almost unique foundation - a 2 and a half year run-up as sporting director, including bringing through the same young players who then played for him as manager.

He won't ever get that again, and he certainly won't get it here.

To be honest if the example of Warburton and Brentford teaches us anything, it's that we should appoint Les as manager. (And no, I'm not suggesting we do that).

You've seen more of Brentford than I have recently, and I'm happy to take your word for it - but they've hardly gone into freefall without Warburton's influence, and as we all saw the other week, the signings they've made since his departure have been annoyingly promising.

Whereas he went up to Glasgow, and signed yes, Clint Hill, but also Krancjar and Barton, the former an obvious waste of time and the latter clearly a huge risk that has backfired horribly because it turned out he couldn't manage him and had misjudged the whole, hugely expensive fiasco.

I've usually got more sympathy with managers than chairmen, but I imagine if you're Matthew Benham you might sometimes think that if Warburton hadn't blown that whole situation up mid-season, you might now be running a Premiership club.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 15:43]
Mark warburton anyone on 15:43 - Nov 6 with 3443 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mark warburton anyone on 15:37 - Nov 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

TGRRRSSS, Warburton in 2014/5 when he was undermined was working at the same level i.e. the second tier as Dean Smith is now.

Paul Clement, the clear leader on Brian's poll as the next LR incumbent, to my mind showed at Derby he couldn't cut it as a manager - a touch like McLaren post Newcastle I initially thought*,I'm a bit surprised how he's got them rejuvenated,as of now,perhaps Brian Kidd a better example - and is more suited to being a very good no.2 at one of the world's best clubs. More reason than most to see QPR as a big step-down career-wise,financially too surely and hassle he just doesn't need.

* By the way what a chip wedge pass and over-the-shoulder volley strike from Will Hughes and Marcus Bent yesterday. A skill soaked stupendous mudder fugger of a goal.

Warburton didn't 'blow the whole situation up' mid-season Hanham did.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/brentford-refuse-to-
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 15:55]

Was he undermined in the way we thought he was (and I did) or did he want a different route to the boss who was a strong enough chairman to say no we're doing it my way.

Thankfully for him, his way seems to work.... this far.
Mark warburton anyone on 23:54 - Nov 6 with 3243 viewsPunteR

Mark warburton anyone on 11:47 - Nov 6 by danehoop

With our current fan base, I sincerely doubt that anyone available would unite us at all. Before the first game someone would have provided a derogatory name to the new incumbent or found some previous association or tenuous link not to their liking and used that as evidence as to why someone was unsuitable.

We have the possibly the most poisonous seemingly overly entitled and possibly short term fan base outside of Chelshit, Scouseland or Manushyted at the moment. We are a middling Championship club with less than average facilities, a small antiquated ground and modest attendance. We have a squad in transition as we move to adapt our outgoings to match our income. But somehow people expect that will happen overnight and that constantly seeking new blood or booing our players and staff when things are going less well will suddenly get us promoted to our apparently rightful place in the premiership.

Whoever comes next will have a hell of a task to get to grips with what now must be a demotivated and baffled squad. All those youth team players who thought they might have chance will need to think again. Those who broke through to the squad may find themselves out again. Players that were brought in because they bought into JFH's ideas, training and philosophy and the long term plan will likewise be concerned.

I am so hoping that we do well, find the right fit as manager for us and get new manager bounce and momentum. But how many will really fancy this place and expectations that will be seemingly be in weeks or two months for sudden progress, when the reality is that it will take several years to get back into something resembling what QPR is about after more than a decade of decline?

Good post.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024