Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreals favourite TV programme 17:00 - Nov 20 with 707 viewsBognorcolman

I cant say that this is true, but someone told me that when John McGreal was asked recently what his favourite TV programme is, he replied that he and Robbie Cowling both like to watch POINTLESS.
John McGreals favourite TV programme on 21:19 - Nov 20 with 667 viewswessex_exile

Haha, nice one - should have been "Can't pay? We'll take it away!".

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

John McGreals favourite TV programme on 21:50 - Nov 20 with 664 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreals favourite TV programme on 21:19 - Nov 20 by wessex_exile

Haha, nice one - should have been "Can't pay? We'll take it away!".

I've also heard that he is a big fan of Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible.

Our problem over the past 5 years has been lacking a striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

I thought after the Hartlepool game that Johnstone had the pace, skill and enthusiasm to achieve that feat, sadly not.

Is Bonne good enough, I dont think so. Why not play Guthrie as an out and out striker.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreals favourite TV programme on 09:36 - Nov 21 with 621 viewsBlueStripes

I think we've all got to face up to the fact that, unless something drastic happens - like Cowling stepping down, this club will be playing National League football next season. I attended the disgrace that was the Orient match (I left when the 3rd goal went in!) but I've frankly lost interest in watching yet another relegation struggle for the rest of the season. So unless Cowling goes, I won't be attending any more matches this season and I'm sure I won't be the only one taking this stance. Up the U's, but my limit has been reached
John McGreals favourite TV programme on 14:39 - Nov 21 with 600 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreals favourite TV programme on 09:36 - Nov 21 by BlueStripes

I think we've all got to face up to the fact that, unless something drastic happens - like Cowling stepping down, this club will be playing National League football next season. I attended the disgrace that was the Orient match (I left when the 3rd goal went in!) but I've frankly lost interest in watching yet another relegation struggle for the rest of the season. So unless Cowling goes, I won't be attending any more matches this season and I'm sure I won't be the only one taking this stance. Up the U's, but my limit has been reached

Bluestripes, I remember the dark days of the Conference and I do not wish to see those repeated.

Even the Conference League and FA Trophy Cup double, whilst celebratory at the time is not something that would necessarily come easily were the unthinkable to happen this time around.

Enough is enough, we simply must start to dig ourselves out of this hole. Starting at Cheltenham on Tuesday night.

The problem is even if Cowling goes, will it make much of a difference, who would buy the club and take over. Would another managerial change be helpful at this time, I doubt it.

We must keep the faith and trust that the players can turn this around. Five seasons of injuries has contributed plus the financial restrictions on lower league teams plus Cowlings decision to rein back his financial input to the club.

I am afraid though that a serious lack of a decent striker has had a massive negative impact for years now.

Oh well Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreals favourite TV programme on 19:48 - Nov 21 with 580 viewsbwildered

Three goals only -- Remember seeing eight go in at the Orient !
Unfortunately without Porter or Szmodics, the other strikers might just manage dozen goals between them. Another proven striker urgently required , together with midfield goals now sadly lacking since Gilby and Moncur departures .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

John McGreals favourite TV programme on 20:09 - Nov 21 with 578 viewsLeadbelly

Favourite film - Clueless
Favourite sitcom - One foot in the grave
Favourite Dickens novel - Hard Times
Favourite indoor trampoline park in Basildon - Dropzone

(That's enough relegation themed favourites - Ed)

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024