Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid from Poorman Road rejected 09:53 - Jan 24 with 694 viewsdurham_exile

The U's have rightly rejected a derisory bid for Brennan Dickenson from future league one outfit ITFC.

We do not need to sell any players and quite rightly have told them to foxtrot oscar.

Up the U's
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 9:55]

Durham_exile

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 683 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It's pretty rare for us not to end up selling the player when a bid has been received. Ipswich can probably treble his wages too. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up going.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 651 viewsnoah4x4

How do we know it is a derisory bid when no figures have been disclosed? We also don't know what fee we paid for him. If the next offer meets our price aspirations it is inevitable (IMHO) we will sell him. If more wages are on offer etc, he will only become resentful if we refuse. That then might unsettle the rest of the squad. If we get a fair bid he will go, and who are we to deny him Championship football?

If we make £100,000 profit that is also like adding 500 to the home gates for each of the remaining matches of the season. Even if the U's continue winning, this town won't sufficiently respond to mirror that. So being a "selling" club is inevitable. At least we have got back into a position of having a pipeline to sell. We are also doing good business (Moncur, Gilbert, neither really missed). Dickenson is good, but I suspect signings like Sullivan will prove to be shrewd, and don't underestimate our U23 talent, which I watch most weeks. We have some real stars on the verge of breaking into the first XI.
Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 16:20 - Jan 24 with 631 viewsburnsieespana

Don't know who said "derisory" but one of the Ipswich websites say something along the line "his worth is likely to be in the lower hundred thousands."
Noah I have a feeling we did not pay anything for him because was he not told by Gillingham he was surplus to requirements?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 16:22]
Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 17:27 - Jan 24 with 612 viewsLeadbelly

If they match our valuation then Dickenson will depart. Insert whatever word you like here.........................to describe your feelings on the matter. Mine would be "unavoidable"

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 18:00 - Jan 24 with 604 viewsdurham_exile

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 13:08 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

How do we know it is a derisory bid when no figures have been disclosed? We also don't know what fee we paid for him. If the next offer meets our price aspirations it is inevitable (IMHO) we will sell him. If more wages are on offer etc, he will only become resentful if we refuse. That then might unsettle the rest of the squad. If we get a fair bid he will go, and who are we to deny him Championship football?

If we make £100,000 profit that is also like adding 500 to the home gates for each of the remaining matches of the season. Even if the U's continue winning, this town won't sufficiently respond to mirror that. So being a "selling" club is inevitable. At least we have got back into a position of having a pipeline to sell. We are also doing good business (Moncur, Gilbert, neither really missed). Dickenson is good, but I suspect signings like Sullivan will prove to be shrewd, and don't underestimate our U23 talent, which I watch most weeks. We have some real stars on the verge of breaking into the first XI.

Noah, the fundamental point is that we do not need to sell and on this occasion should not.

I for one am sick and tired of Colchester resurrecting careers just to have the vultures descend and steal the player away and normally to our most hated rival.

Dickenson ironically played poorly on Saturday missing two golden opportunities when very well placed. Perhaps the knowledge that our Suffolk fiends were knocking on the door upset him.

The argument about being a selling club has been so well rehearsed for years it is becoming tiresome.

O''Sullivan maybe prove to be a decent signing but JM has made a number of shrewd signings who have fitted into the team enabling it to gel. If Exeter city are able to retain the services of Ollie Watkins then we must definitely resist incursions from failing teams like Ipswich.

Despite our defeat at Exeter we played some decent football and conceded two late goals whilst chasing the game. The defeat has caused considerable hurt because we deserved a point from a game that we dominated for much of the time. They were better in the attackingthird than us because we had pushed more players forward seeking a deserved equaliser.

This weekend will at least allow us to take stock and check on the fitness of Guthrie who didn't seem fully fit and perhaps Fosu should start at Blackpool.

I very much stand by my assertion that we should reject the bid for Dickenson.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 18:58 - Jan 24 with 583 viewsbwildered

A bid of 250k plus comes in ( theoretically ) for Dickenson , Slater or Kent - should or would Chairman accept - thus derail the promotion push ?

Looks like the Tractor boys have been reading the thread placed 9 th Jan .

Hope the Chairman asks for 1m - that should keep them off our back for the foreseeable future, particularly has they are unwilling to pay compensation payment if the manager was /is to be replaced for the same sum .
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 19:05]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 20:58 - Jan 26 with 477 viewswessex_exile

I understand he has another year on his contract, so we can gamble on rejecting any bid for now - in a promotion-chasing team I can't see his value decreasing between now and the end of the season (provided he doesn't get injured). That being said, I would agree with Whales, the inevitable word here is ... inevitable, if Ipswich or any other club offers anything remotely close to our valuation we will have to sell, simple as that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 18:31 - Jan 27 with 426 viewsbwildered

With more assists and goals his value should increase till the end of the season. Any offers then would be out of the Tractor boys range and hopefully any transfer would involve a season loan in return for AN Other for the squad plus / or pre season friendly .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 16:34 - Jan 28 with 365 viewswessex_exile

Bid from Poorman Road rejected on 13:08 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

You're right Noah, but to be fair, if we rejected the bid, it isn't unreasonable to assume it was derisory...or at least just a cheeky punt and/or opening gambit?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024