Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clearing the decks. 18:35 - Jan 30 with 621 viewsbwildered

Another U23 has been released by the club, the much acclaimed Academy also has a harsh side with now released Regis now joining recently released O,Donoghue, Curtis.
Must be quite unnerving for some youngsters who have been under the umbrella of the professional club, though some have previously been released from larger clubs .
The options are quite limited to still play has a player although most top clubs at Conferance level are now full time .
One presumes most have football coaching qualifications to rely on release to help with future careers .
The harsh reality of the other side of football .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Clearing the decks. on 19:16 - Jan 30 with 608 viewsLeadbelly

Wish them all well but none are owed a living by Col U or any other club. Harsh it may be but that is the reality of professional sport.

Not sure how much they would earn as coaches without having made the grade as players. Surely better to find another profession that pays more and play part time. I did meet someone a few years back at my cousin's wedding who had been released by Southend when he was 18. He got a job as a kitchen fitter and said it was much better money and he was glad it happened when he was still young enough to learn a trade.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Clearing the decks. on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 597 viewswessex_exile

I would agree, it is indeed the harsh reality of football that not every aspiring youngster makes it in the professional game, and I would imagine the %age that do is a very low figure indeed. This may be a pipe dream, but if our reputation as an academy grows, maybe even those we have to let go stand a better than average chance of fulfilling their ambition as 'a product of the Col U academy' - wishful thinking maybe, but why not with the setup we have?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024