Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All 1-1's in MFB's PL 20:56 - Jan 31 with 843 viewsWessiehomesPete

I post all 1-1's from here till the end of the PL, erm, Happy and my PL.

If I change my mind you'll know.

Cheers.

edit:
whatever. 0-0 sounded stupid.

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 14:20]
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 16:36 - Feb 1 with 775 viewsColukev

MFB

I would like to put on record that I don't believe this should be allowed.

If someone isn't prepared to make the effort to at least look at each set of fixtures, they shouldnt be in the competition.

I would be mortified if my honest, educated predictions were outdone by blind predictions.

Once or twice if you cannot get online I can understand...but that's taking the pi55.

If this is allowed to stand, I'm afraid I would like to be removed from the competition.

I love your work on this PL and I'm sure you take pride in the actual participation from the entrants. IMO Pete''s request totally undermines all of your hard work.
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 765 viewswessex_exile

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 16:36 - Feb 1 by Colukev

MFB

If someone isn't prepared to make the effort to at least look at each set of fixtures, they shouldnt be in the competition.

I would be mortified if my honest, educated predictions were outdone by blind predictions.

Once or twice if you cannot get online I can understand...but that's taking the pi55.

If this is allowed to stand, I'm afraid I would like to be removed from the competition.

I love your work on this PL and I'm sure you take pride in the actual participation from the entrants. IMO Pete''s request totally undermines all of your hard work.

I concur MFB.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 754 viewsdurham_exile

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 17:18 - Feb 1 by wessex_exile

I concur MFB.

The Mr Happy and MFB prediction league has been a real pleasure to take part in over the years.

If we however reach a stage where members post blind every week, then there is little point in others considering their predictions, therefore the enjoyment suddenly goes out of the whole matter.

Notwithstanding the fact that we all lead busy lives, not even Donald Trump is too busy to spare a few minutes each week predicting football scores!!!!!

I will honour my commitment to the league until the end of the season but unless this practice of predicting without any sight of the teams or matches is outlawed, then I will reluctantly resign at the end of the final matches.

Perhaps we could simply get back to this being a fun board and league without all the nonsense.

Up the U's
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 19:11]

Durham_exile

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 20:13 - Feb 1 with 737 viewsmfb_cufc

Pete, as a former administrator you know the rules regarding the use of blind scores. That they can only be used, if for any reason you are unable to post your predictions for any week.

You have posted all 1-1's on the Week 26 thread, and I don't have a problem with that. But for Week 27 onwards, like everybody else, you will be given a score of 0 for every week you don't post your predictions.

mfb

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 22:12 - Feb 1 with 717 viewsWessiehomesPete

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 20:13 - Feb 1 by mfb_cufc

Pete, as a former administrator you know the rules regarding the use of blind scores. That they can only be used, if for any reason you are unable to post your predictions for any week.

You have posted all 1-1's on the Week 26 thread, and I don't have a problem with that. But for Week 27 onwards, like everybody else, you will be given a score of 0 for every week you don't post your predictions.

Fair enough, MFB.

I'll keep that in mind.
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 18:44 - Feb 2 with 673 viewsgerry_us

"Gone from your PL..
Delete me, Mick.
I want nothing to do with your PL ever again.
Night and bye." ...you posted.

So we can't believe anything you say then?
Nothing new there then.
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 21:18 - Feb 2 with 657 viewsWessiehomesPete

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 18:44 - Feb 2 by gerry_us

"Gone from your PL..
Delete me, Mick.
I want nothing to do with your PL ever again.
Night and bye." ...you posted.

So we can't believe anything you say then?
Nothing new there then.

I'm so glad I didn't visit you in Grimsby even though I'd purchased a first class train ticket.

Embarrassing enough I had to meet up with you in Iowa.

What about this is nebulous? I'm not spending a day over two weeks in Colchester.

I still have an obligation to finish the Happy Cup season and the NFL PL.

And this may come as a surprise. MFB and I have little to no acrimony between us. I said I'm bowing away from the site and I will. But I won't be bullied away.

It's shocking that a few who used to give me stick don't anymore. Meanwhile you persist.

edit: That what you quote had nothing to do with MFB. It has to do with under the radar intangibles. I have no interest in being a distraction. A few of you are far too football knowledgeable for me to be able to keep up
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 21:27]
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 21:35 - Feb 2 with 641 viewsWessiehomesPete

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 16:36 - Feb 1 by Colukev

MFB

Sorry? Happy handed me the PL and I handed it to MFB.

People used to pull that bull all the time over my nearly half a decade of running the league.

I want to post all 1-1's and suddenly I'm a villain?

It's called Not being in a frame of mind this week to analyze important fixtures in League 1 and League 2.

This brings to mind the famous Mitchell & Webb skit:

Football, Football and More Football:

[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 21:36]
Login to get fewer ads

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 23:33 - Feb 2 with 615 viewsWessiehomesPete

I wanted all 1-1's this week.

It's the first time in years I did a blanket post.

Just let me have all 1-1's one week, ok? I'm approaching the anniversary of my fiancé Martha who died of cancer..

Please. Just leave me alone. 1-1. That's it.
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 23:36 - Feb 2 with 612 viewsColukev

N.a
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 23:37]
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 01:10 - Feb 3 with 600 viewsWessiehomesPete

Thank you Kev. You're the first one to say ignore the haters.

You're one of the nicest people here and you've long had my back.

I just wanted to post all 1-1's one week.

Just, a few of you, let me have a week off.

I ADORE you lot. Can I get a week of Mulligan? A few of you, Durham, Wessex, Gerry... Please let me have a week.

When I flew over two years ago I returned to a dead fiance in the states. It took a lot of energy to fly over again. I cut my trip short and immediately flew back to Wash DC.

She was in hospital and didn't tell me. I'm not a bad bloke. It's been a bizarre last two years. Please. We were going to attend Crufts in Brum.

All I ask is some understanding. Please.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 1:11]
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 05:36 - Feb 3 with 583 viewswessex_exile

No one was objecting to you posting blind for a week, we were all objecting to you wanting to do so for the rest of the season (including Kev), and straight after announcing (twice) that you were quitting the Prediction League. None of the above was prompted by anything anyone had said, it was all your own work.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 09:13 - Feb 3 with 572 viewsColukev

Pete, I wouldn't say I've had your back, I would just love to have this board back to how it was a couple of years back.

I would not have a problem with you posting blind scores for a week, plenty others do it and I'm sure I will need to at some point too.

That wasn't your request however, and the tone of your message asking for the rest of the season, was not befitting of a great PL run by MFB.

Sometimes I feel you need to re read some of your posts, as it's like you forget what you have written.

This 1 week/whole season blind predictions is the perfect example.

I don't wish to lose any more members from this board, but quite frankly at times you are unbearable and this board is an uncomfortable place to be.

I don't know if I will get the nasty abnoxious Pete reply to this, or the tail between legs Pete. ..and that's where the problem lies.

You have to decide whether you want to be involved in great football chat and writing on here, or if you would like to be antagonistic, volatile and unpleasant.

If it's the latter than you should not be surprised that you are met with these reactions, and as such I would recommend you no longer visit this board by your own choice or not.

I've never seen a football message board like this, and we should take pride in the fantastic pieces to read weekly and discuss.

It would be great if you could be part of that and follow that theme...as ultimately thats all anyone here wants.

You will take this how you want, and will ultimately indicate your true intentions for being here.

Let's see a harmonious Pete going forward please. ..you have invited these bad vibes onto yourself, but can easily be turned around should you wish to make the effort.

There's friends and support here if that's your goal....it's your choice Pete.

Much love
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 14:50 - Feb 3 with 553 viewsWessiehomesPete

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 05:36 - Feb 3 by wessex_exile

No one was objecting to you posting blind for a week, we were all objecting to you wanting to do so for the rest of the season (including Kev), and straight after announcing (twice) that you were quitting the Prediction League. None of the above was prompted by anything anyone had said, it was all your own work.

That was a misunderstanding, Wessex.

I would love to make the playoffs like I did last year. Just my own sour grapes. And I'm happy to say: Sorry.

I'm really chuffed to bits you decided to participate in the Happy Cup this go-round.

I'm not gonna wuss out and quit MFB's PL.

Hope to meet-up with a few of you on Tuesday, Mansfield day. I'll be there about 4 p.m. I'll buy the pints. All of em.
All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 22:29 - Feb 3 with 519 viewsmrhappy

Hello loves

Can we all calm
Down and learn to love each other again ?

I suggest play a happy favourite

Happiness by ken Dodd

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 23:02 - Feb 3 with 513 viewsLeadbelly

All 1-1's in MFB's PL on 22:29 - Feb 3 by mrhappy

Hello loves

Can we all calm
Down and learn to love each other again ?

I suggest play a happy favourite

Happiness by ken Dodd

It really isn't everyone that needs to calm down though is it? If just one person calmed down that would do the trick.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024