Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 Nations 2017 Thread 11:39 - Feb 3 with 16336 viewsrobith

A new thread for a new year. England look sure fire good things to me, though they'll need to win in Dublin which won't be easy.

France and Italy both look terrible.

Get all your posts about posh people in pubs out of the way now.

I know some of you have liked or been angered by my blogs in the past - I've tried to make it a proper thing now, so it's here. Let me know if that's not OK clive and I'll take it down, don't want to be stealing your traffic now:

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/robs-6-nations-preview/
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 2625 viewsTGRRRSSS

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 14:53 - Feb 10 by AlbRanger

Pretty much agree with this.

The one I've been undecided on is the France/Scotland game. I think the fact it is in Paris makes me go for the French win - reckon it'd be the other way round if it was in Murrayfield

For me Fra v Scot was the one I have most doubt about but France ran England quite close last time out and are at home, so I just give them the edge on my call.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 09:22 - Feb 11 with 2618 viewsjohncharles

I see Eddie Jones is getting his excuses in early. Bottled it over having the roof shut, hung on as long as possible then did what everyone knew he would do anyway. Last few days he's been whinging about how unfair it is having to play in Wales. He's not doing his team any favours.

Strong and stable my arse.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 2618 viewsTGRRRSSS

I was a bit surprised at him wanting the roof open actually, I would have thought the roof shut might have favoured many of England's running backs (and a few of their running forwards.

As for EJ he's meant to be good at those mind games, and very nearly won a world cup with it.
I don't think however he is the messiah - but he is very good - however once the first defeat happens, we'll learn more.

Far to much talk about the All Blacks really from him.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 09:52 - Feb 11 with 2608 viewsjohncharles

If I was supporting England I would much rather hear Jonathon Joseph's comment,
"I like the atmosphere, it gets me going"

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:54 - Feb 11 with 2581 viewsSimonJames

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 09:22 - Feb 11 by johncharles

I see Eddie Jones is getting his excuses in early. Bottled it over having the roof shut, hung on as long as possible then did what everyone knew he would do anyway. Last few days he's been whinging about how unfair it is having to play in Wales. He's not doing his team any favours.

Notwithstanding the obvious advantage to Wales of having 50,000 fervent Welsh singing voices driving them forward, the practical issue with having the roof shut is that if Wales get to play all their home games in perfect conditions it gives them a potential bonus point advantage.
And even a single bonus point could make all the difference by the end of the tournament.
If Ireland agree to have the roof shut on 10 March I will eat my hat.

100% of people who drink water will die.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 16:19 - Feb 11 with 2550 viewsSimonJames

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 14:23 - Feb 10 by SimonJames

I think England will have to step up their game 2 or 3 gears from last week if they want to beat Wales (although obviously I hope they absolutely annihilate them).

I think Scotland will beat France, and I fear for Italy over the Irish backlash.

Ireland backlash on Italy even worse than I imagined.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 17:51 - Feb 11 with 2533 viewsjohncharles

Quality will out. What a try !!

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 18:42 - Feb 11 with 2516 viewsToast_R

Superb win in a boyant Millennium Stadium. Great Try to win after Wales had turned over possession. Has that equaled or beat The All Blacks world record of consecutive victories?
Login to get fewer ads

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 18:50 - Feb 11 with 2510 viewsTGRRRSSS

No, they have to beat Ireland in the last game to overtake I think.

Thus far my predictions just about on target, though my points differential was slightly tighter for England game.

I said earlier in the week I felt Italy would pay a price for the Irish defeat last week, and so it turned out, my points here was well under of course but I did say 25 points plus.
Now onto the France game tomorrow.... we shall see.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 19:08 - Feb 11 with 2485 viewsthemodfather

lol wales blew.....england had to ride it out v france and again v wales, but won both......top of the table and still unbeaten.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 20:15 - Feb 11 with 2454 viewsSimonJames

Welsh tackling and physicality was immense today!
So many times that game could have gone south for England, but I guess the new belief that Eddie Jones has brought to the team is that they are never beaten until the final whistle.

I wonder if Jones will drop Brown to the bench for the Italy game and try Daly there?

P.s. PHEW!

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 20:41 - Feb 11 with 2444 viewsBlackCrowe

Amazing game - though the Huddersfield keepers time-wasting meant i missed the first 20 mins.

England saw it off in the end with a bit of luck (or rather a crap choice of kick from Jonathan Davies) and superb finishing but overall both teams were immense. Welsh rugby back on the up.

Brutal throughout and blissfully free of histrionics, questioning the ref, trying to get something for nothing - sport in it's purest form.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 22:27 - Feb 11 with 2396 viewsrobith

That kick from J Davies - mercy me. Atrocious
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 22:41 - Feb 11 with 2382 viewsHunterhoop

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 07:39 - Feb 11 by ElHoop

Having backed Wales and Scotland outright and also France for the wooden spoon, it wasn't the worst of starts last week. I also backed Scotland to beat Ireland but will probably back France tomorrow if I play at all in that one, as a sort of hedge. I would fancy the points being high in that game so that might be a possibility.

Elsewhere, Wales v England looks tight. I'm not sure about England without Billy Vunipola - surely he's a big miss? OK Wales might not look that great, but they tend to find a way to make things difficult at the very least. Too hard to call in any way shape or form. I just hope that England can do it.

Italy v Ireland looks easy enough for Ireland, but it looks a dry day over there and relatively warm and maybe Italy won't make so many handling errors this time. In which case it might be pretty tight, so Italy on the handicap might be the play - I see Italy plus 15.5 points is about 5/2 on Betfair - worth a tenner I reckon.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 7:40]

Corking betting there, El! Who your 1pt ain't worth too much sterling! 😉
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 2304 viewsElHoop

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 22:41 - Feb 11 by Hunterhoop

Corking betting there, El! Who your 1pt ain't worth too much sterling! 😉

Ireland looked pretty ruthless there didn't they? A lot better than Wales did against Italy.
It's all about today's game now. Scotland's form against Ireland looks pretty good now and if you were handicapping the nations like horses then they'd probably be top weight at this moment. But all that could change later.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 09:33 - Feb 14 with 2190 viewsrobith

My latest words and thoughts

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/8-thoughts-from-6-nations-weekend-
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:27 - Feb 25 with 2101 viewsAlbRanger

My predictions for the weekend:

Scotland to beat Wales. The loss of Laidlaw is significant but think home advantage is key for the Scots here.

France to beat Ireland. Not sure if that is heart over head or if I really think Ireland are overrated. I know Sexton is back but I just feel France will sneak it.

England at a canter over Italy. Maybe not by as much as the Irish win in Rome but still a BP
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 01:21 - Feb 26 with 2036 viewsbob566

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:27 - Feb 25 by AlbRanger

My predictions for the weekend:

Scotland to beat Wales. The loss of Laidlaw is significant but think home advantage is key for the Scots here.

France to beat Ireland. Not sure if that is heart over head or if I really think Ireland are overrated. I know Sexton is back but I just feel France will sneak it.

England at a canter over Italy. Maybe not by as much as the Irish win in Rome but still a BP

Unlucky. Two out of three. Looking like Ireland v England the decider
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 07:34 - Feb 26 with 2001 viewsBlackCrowe

With the Scots in the ascendency, the calcutta cup match in a coupe of weeks is looking tasty.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:04 - Feb 26 with 1951 viewsElHoop

The French duffing up the Scots blew my little bets the other week. I suppose that Scotland could beat England but I doubt it and wouldn't want it to happen anyway, but you'd expect Scotland to show up. Hogg had a blinder though didn't he? England should be way too good for Italy today.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:49 - Feb 26 with 1902 viewsLblock

Oh dear...... we have a little problem

England showing ooor attitude and Italy have them rattled

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 17:05 - Feb 26 with 1872 viewsToast_R

Eddie must have given then some sh*t during the interval. Much better second half. I hate to see complacency creeping in and that's what today has been. The Scotland match will be massive.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 18:29 - Feb 26 with 1844 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England have a good game in them to come, but its still a good team that can grind out results when they're not playing particularly well.

That said, they really have to step up for the next two games.

Billy Vunipola is a huge miss.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 19:35 - Feb 26 with 1810 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back. Not contesting the breakdown threw England and they should've dealt with it better. But bloody hell, sht tactcis from Italy - there's a decent team in there, but if they act like a non-league side trying to play silly bggers then they will remain the same.

Suspect Jones will be livid though, and that Scotland might feel the brunt.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 21:41 - Feb 26 with 1780 viewseasthertsr

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 19:35 - Feb 26 by BlackCrowe

Just back. Not contesting the breakdown threw England and they should've dealt with it better. But bloody hell, sht tactcis from Italy - there's a decent team in there, but if they act like a non-league side trying to play silly bggers then they will remain the same.

Suspect Jones will be livid though, and that Scotland might feel the brunt.

I'm confident of another grand slam. England have won three games without playing well, just have a feeling the Scots and the Irish are going to be on the wrong end of a right stuffing!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024