Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide 22:33 - Feb 7 with 741 viewsmrhappy

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 23:00 - Feb 7 with 726 viewsLeadbelly

None of those options would be my choice although fish, chips and mushy peas comes closest.

Walleye coated in spicy cornflour, sliced potatoes and onions with baked beans. Fish, potatoes and onions all fried in lard in a large iron skillet over wood burning in half an old oil drum. Beans cooked in the tin with the lid taken off. All washed down with beer.

All this takes place on an island somewhere in Otter Lake, Saskatchewan, at lunchtime, after i've spent the morning catching the fish. Not fancy cuisine but i've been lucky enough to have done this a few times and I honestly can't imagine a finer dining experience.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 23:03 - Feb 7 with 726 viewsWessiehomesPete

It has to be burgers and fries (and or onion rings for me).

Having said that, I would kill for a proper fish and chips place in the states. There is a spot in Colchester in North Station Road which has fab fish n chips. (Never understood why it's called North Station when it's South of the rail station :D

But Haps and Des and I always do the Burgers and chips and Guinness.

Full English breakfast if I kick the bucket at 11 a.m. But from 12-3 I'll go for the burgers. From 5-9 I'll go for some nice Indian, preferably near hospital
I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 15:28 - Feb 8 with 698 viewsnoah4x4

Pete...

It's called North Station Road because it starts at Colchester North Station (mainline) which distinguishes that from Colchester Town Station or Colchester Hythe Station (both branch line stations).

It leads to North Hill, albeit you are now travelling in a southerly direction. But here was located the North Gate to the Roman Citadel. That gate didn't stop Boudicca, but since its demolition Essex CC have succesfully stopped all who wish to venture up it other than bus, taxi, bicycle or pedestrian. But it's steep enough to annually welcome a water slide, and certain bonkers local politicians have even suggested a cable car.

But the most wonderous fact is at either end is a rusty steel elephant direction sign. One such sign says "to station" whilst the other says " to town". Unfortunately the latter was stamped out back to front, so now points in the wrong direction. Along its way are brass plates in the pavement offering further information such as "you are opposite the Victoria Inn; distance to station x; distance to town y". No wonder the pub flourishes as that y and North Hill always looks like Everest.
I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 15:55 - Feb 8 with 692 viewsWessiehomesPete

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 15:28 - Feb 8 by noah4x4

Pete...

It's called North Station Road because it starts at Colchester North Station (mainline) which distinguishes that from Colchester Town Station or Colchester Hythe Station (both branch line stations).

It leads to North Hill, albeit you are now travelling in a southerly direction. But here was located the North Gate to the Roman Citadel. That gate didn't stop Boudicca, but since its demolition Essex CC have succesfully stopped all who wish to venture up it other than bus, taxi, bicycle or pedestrian. But it's steep enough to annually welcome a water slide, and certain bonkers local politicians have even suggested a cable car.

But the most wonderous fact is at either end is a rusty steel elephant direction sign. One such sign says "to station" whilst the other says " to town". Unfortunately the latter was stamped out back to front, so now points in the wrong direction. Along its way are brass plates in the pavement offering further information such as "you are opposite the Victoria Inn; distance to station x; distance to town y". No wonder the pub flourishes as that y and North Hill always looks like Everest.

Oh my god...

I'm clearly spending a Fortune Bricklayers night Mansfield Tuesday

I'll be there 4:30 .. ask the barmaid who the hell Pete is and where he's sitting. And he said he's buying all your pints..

Noah, that's amazing info!

I LITERALLY will have 500 quid to pay for us all.
That's no bulls**t*

GSY's book is amazing>

Onward all
I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 16:52 - Feb 8 with 680 viewsmrhappy

GOOD STUFF ! brilliant

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 07:09 - Feb 9 with 634 viewsWessiehomesPete

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 16:52 - Feb 8 by mrhappy

GOOD STUFF ! brilliant

Right.. So you me and Des,

Sunday 12 March or Sunday 19 March??

I'm thinking the 19th so we'll have Spurs v Saints on the teley. (14:15 kickoff)

Sounds good, Haps?
I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 23:20 - Feb 9 with 576 viewsmrhappy

Perfect - 19th is good

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 00:13 - Feb 10 with 564 viewsWessiehomesPete

I have often wondered - your final scoff before you kick the bucket ! You decide on 23:20 - Feb 9 by mrhappy

Perfect - 19th is good

You better inbox me asap or call me. I'm "this close" to being blocked.

Like I give a whiff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024