Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kurtis Guthrie 21:06 - Feb 15 with 1363 viewsBFG

The next bit thing? 11 goals is a good return.

Plus back to old threads, born in Jersey apparently.

Kurtis Guthrie on 21:49 - Feb 15 with 1336 viewsColukev

Whilst I agree he has potential, I do not think he is anywhere near enough at the moment to gain a move up the leagues.

Sure has potential, but doesn't ooze quality. With enough game time and the right attitude I'm sure he will be good enough to play at a higher level. A lot of work ahead for him yet...but now he is being played upfront it's going to do him no harm.

I can't see him hitting 20 goals this year on his current average, and surely that's the first sign to look for when judging a strikers ability.

Let him get the rest of the season out the way, and then with a full season in FL under his belt I'm sure we will have more of an idea during next seasons hopeful goal scoring exploits
Kurtis Guthrie on 21:54 - Feb 15 with 1331 viewsLeadbelly

He was wasted in midfield but now looks a decent signing playing up front.

On the plus side, he is scoring goals, he puts himself about, is prepared to work hard and, so far, has avoided the injury curse.

On the down side, he could certainly add a few pounds of muscle, he doesn't look to have a full 90 minutes fitness level yet and I suspect he can lose focus when things aren't going his or the team's way, as seemed to happen last night.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 22:17]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Kurtis Guthrie on 21:58 - Feb 15 with 1327 viewswessex_exile

It's an excellent return considering the poor fare we've had to contend with in recent seasons, and I'd much rather he was playing for us than against us. There is obviously a BUT, which is when he's on his game he is sublime and almost unstoppable, but when it isn't working for him and/or the team, he has a worrying tendency to look disinterested and disengaged (away at Exeter being a case in point). The Channel Island connection is fascinating, because much the same used to be said about Matt Le Tissier?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Kurtis Guthrie on 22:22 - Feb 15 with 1317 viewsLeadbelly

Kurtis Guthrie on 21:58 - Feb 15 by wessex_exile

It's an excellent return considering the poor fare we've had to contend with in recent seasons, and I'd much rather he was playing for us than against us. There is obviously a BUT, which is when he's on his game he is sublime and almost unstoppable, but when it isn't working for him and/or the team, he has a worrying tendency to look disinterested and disengaged (away at Exeter being a case in point). The Channel Island connection is fascinating, because much the same used to be said about Matt Le Tissier?

I think a player as outrageously talented and entertaining to watch as was Le Tissier can be forgiven an occasional lazy afternoon. His managers may not agree!

Kurtis Guthrie on 22:33 - Feb 15 with 1309 viewswessex_exile

Kurtis Guthrie on 22:22 - Feb 15 by Leadbelly

I think a player as outrageously talented and entertaining to watch as was Le Tissier can be forgiven an occasional lazy afternoon. His managers may not agree!

Absolutely, on both fronts.

There's a great story (which Le Tiss himself swears is true) that the old-fashioned beam-weight scales at The Dell were right next to a wall, and just by apparently resting his hand on the wall whilst being weighed (and exerting a modicum of downward pressure), he could drop at least a stone off his weight :-)

Gotta love that!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Kurtis Guthrie on 23:18 - Feb 15 with 1296 viewsLeadbelly

Kurtis Guthrie on 22:33 - Feb 15 by wessex_exile

Absolutely, on both fronts.

There's a great story (which Le Tiss himself swears is true) that the old-fashioned beam-weight scales at The Dell were right next to a wall, and just by apparently resting his hand on the wall whilst being weighed (and exerting a modicum of downward pressure), he could drop at least a stone off his weight :-)

Gotta love that!

Certainly easier than losing that extra stone by exercising!

Kurtis Guthrie on 15:02 - Feb 16 with 1255 viewsnoah4x4

Wonder what Akinfenwa's weight management secret is? Watched him at Spurs in the FA Cup. Bullied the Spurs back four. Now guess who will be refereeing on 21st February..... Trevor Kettle....

Nailed on defeat with him in charge, even if we were playing Wycombe Wanderers under 13's. Let's hope both get injured Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024