Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An interesting move? 13:52 - Feb 16 with 558 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38993655

Apart from the money, which I assume is better than in the PL, why would someone at the top of their profession move to a relative footballing backwater such as Saudi Arabia?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

An interesting move? on 14:43 - Feb 16 with 548 viewsnoah4x4

Prohibition of woman drivers?
An interesting move? on 08:32 - Feb 17 with 495 viewsnoah4x4

An interesting move? on 14:43 - Feb 16 by noah4x4

Prohibition of woman drivers?

But more seriously, on further reading it does appear that the Saudi League flourishes with 60,000 seater stadiums. There are currently few overseas players, but the lure of it being one of the world's richest countries per capita doesn't surprise me.

But no drinking, and chop chop square... not for me.
An interesting move? on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 465 viewsLeadbelly

An interesting move? on 08:32 - Feb 17 by noah4x4

But more seriously, on further reading it does appear that the Saudi League flourishes with 60,000 seater stadiums. There are currently few overseas players, but the lure of it being one of the world's richest countries per capita doesn't surprise me.

But no drinking, and chop chop square... not for me.

Appalling human rights and a barbaric "justice" system is enough to deter me from ever setting foot in the country but the heat and lack of beer doesn't help.

An interesting move? on 20:22 - Feb 17 with 459 viewswessex_exile

An interesting move? on 19:58 - Feb 17 by Leadbelly

Appalling human rights and a barbaric "justice" system is enough to deter me from ever setting foot in the country but the heat and lack of beer doesn't help.

The heat and lack of beer is enough to deter me from ever setting foot in the country, but the appalling human rights and a barbaric "justice" system doesn't help.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

An interesting move? on 11:42 - Feb 20 with 426 viewsbwildered

Will this entice previous players now to take up taking up the whistle, with such riches now for the men in black ?

Due to Lizzie's liking to the Saudi Royal's - Lead Wessex and Noah ( just like Becks ) don't expect a Knighthood in the post in the near future !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

An interesting move? on 12:30 - Feb 20 with 417 viewsLeadbelly

An interesting move? on 11:42 - Feb 20 by bwildered

Will this entice previous players now to take up taking up the whistle, with such riches now for the men in black ?

Due to Lizzie's liking to the Saudi Royal's - Lead Wessex and Noah ( just like Becks ) don't expect a Knighthood in the post in the near future !

I don't think I need worry about receiving any honours...not that I'd accept anyway.

An interesting move? on 16:24 - Feb 20 with 397 viewsnoah4x4

An interesting move? on 12:30 - Feb 20 by Leadbelly

I don't think I need worry about receiving any honours...not that I'd accept anyway.

I'd accept a Knighthood provided it required proper armour. I don't fancy that Order of the Garter costume or any other requiring me to wear tights and a leather codpiece.

My former boss got a CBE, when his predecessor and me did all the work for which he was honoured. It should have been an OBE (for other 'b.....'s efforts) .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024