Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables 23:25 - Apr 29 with 1204 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 38 Results

SOUTHAMPTON 0 HULL 0

Southampton miss a stoppage-time penalty, that means Hull get a useful point in their fight against relegation. Nobody got this spot-on, but 4 did have the outcome. There were 20 who predicted a win for Southampton, but nobody missed out on a 3 pointer through that penalty miss.

SUNDERLAND 0 BOURNEMOUTH 1
Sunderland are finally put out of their misery, and are relegated after a 10-year stay in the Premier League. There were 3 who had this spot-on, and another 7 got the outcome.

BIRMINGHAM 2 HUDDERSFIELD 0
10-man Birmingham get a vital win in their fight against relegation. Well done to mrhappy for being the only one to get this spot-on, and just 2 more had the outcome. There were 19 who predicted a Huddersfield victory, with 10 going for a 2-1.

BLACKBURN 1 ASTON VILLA 0
Blackburn ensured their bid to stay in the Championship will go to the final game with this narrow win. There was a decent 6 who had this spot-on, and 4 got the outcome.

IPSWICH 0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1
A single goal gives Sheff Wed the win that confirms a play-off spot. There were 5 who got this spot-on, and a further 8 had the outcome.

LEEDS 3 NORWICH 3
Leeds came from three goals down to get a draw, but their play-off hopes are over. Nobody had this spot-on, and there were 4 who got the outcome. There were 19 who predicted a win for Leeds.

CARLISLE 2 NEWPORT 1
Carlisle are back in the play-off places, as they came from behind, to condemn a Newport team to a nervous final day of the season, in their fight against relegation. There were 6 who got this spot-on, and a further 9 had the outcome.

DONCASTER 1 EXETER 3
Doncaster continue to do the U's no favours , as they lose against one of their play-off rivals for the third game running. The latest one, Exeter, confirmed their play-off place with this victory. Nobody had this spot-on, and only OhOriOri got the outcome. There were 20 who predicted a win for Doncaster, with a big 14 going for a 2-1, that was the weeks most predicted score.

LEYTON ORIENT 1 COLCHESTER UNITED 3
An incredible end to this game, as a pitch invasion postponed the match for two hours, before the final eight minutes were played behind closed doors. The U's finally kept their play-off hopes firmly alive, with their first away win in 2017. There were 3 who got this spot-on, and a big 19 had the outcome.

MANSFIELD 0 PORTSMOUTH 1
Portsmouth kept their title hopes alive with this narrow win, that puts a big dent into Mansfield's play-off hopes. There were 2 who had this spot-on, and a further 11 got the outcome.

A real hit or miss week for the final one of the season. With four of the weeks "good things" failing to deliver, and only achieving 14 points in total, this became virtually a six game week. But those six games produced 25 three pointers, and helped to give a number of members a decent week. The best of which was, without doubt, achieved by durham_exile, who had the 1-0 wins for Bournemouth, Blackburn and Portsmouth spot-on, and with four other outcomes, he is the weeks top scorer with a magnificent 13 points. There was also three spot-ons for thrillseeker as well, the 1-0 wins for Blackburn and Sheff Wed, and the 3-1 win for the U's, to give him an excellent 9 points. This total was also matched by noah4x4, who had another two 3 pointers, the 1-0 wins for Bournemouth and Blackburn. The other performances of merit in this final week came from jonestones, Tropical_Us, BFG and Colukev, who all had two 3 pointers as well, on the way to getting a very good 8 points. This popular total was also achieved with just the one 3 pointer by gsy163, concordman and OhOriOri.

In the Premier, after being runner-up for the past three seasons mfb_cufc finally went one better, to win his third title. The final winning margin flattered him a bit, as burnsieeespana had pole position for a majority of the season. After winning Division One in his first season, this was still a great effort from him, and he has the consolation of being in the Charity Shield. He will be joined there by sevebalo, a just reward for him by having more 3 pointers than anybody over the two leagues. Though two missed weeks at a vital time in the season probably robbed jonestones of that third place. At the bottom missed weeks had a big influence here as well, with wessex_exile failing to recover from three of them, and one in the penultimate week of the season, means ethicsgirl follows mrhappy by being relegated after winning the title the previous season. The biggest benefactor was RSCOSWORTH, who only survived being relegated by virtue of the more 3 pointers rule. Two decent weeks to finish the season for BFG, will give him hope of a quick return to the top league.

In Division One, at the half-way stage of the season noah4x4 had only accrued ten 3 pointers. But after getting another two this week, giving him nineteen for the second-half, that was what made the difference, as it was by only having one more than Colukev that won him the title for the second time. After his unfortunate relegation last season, when he only dropped into the relegation zone on the last day of the season, this was a good response from noah4x4. As for Colukev, he goes one better, after missing out in the play-offs the last two seasons. Hoping to do the same will be gsy163, as he makes the play-offs for the third season running. He is joined by basher2010, who had a magnificent first season, until he faltered in the final three weeks, and mrhappy, who is looking for an instant return, after his relegation. The final play-off spot goes to durham_exile, after his magnificent effort this week, pulls it out of the fire. Lets hope this is an omen for his beloved U's. Unfortunate for concordman, as his decent week is all to no avail. At the bottom Daniel gets the wooden spoon for third season running.

THE TABLES (280 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

The Charity Shield semi-finals will be:-

mfb_cufc v ethicsgirl
burnsieespana v sevebalo

The Division One play-off semi-finals will be:-

basher2010 v durham_exile
mrhappy v gsy163

All the details for the Charity Shield and Division One play-offs will appear on a separate thread.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 17:29]

mfb

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 06:51 - Apr 30 with 1186 viewsjonestones

Gutted I missed out on a top three spot, those missed weeks cost me. However, thank you once again MFB, you run this league brilliantly and I'm sure I speak for all board members when I say that The Usual is lucky that it has such a top quality, well organised prediction league. All that is needed now is for you (Mfb) to start getting a few more of your predictions wrong to give the rest of us a chance!
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 10:00 - Apr 30 with 1169 viewsGate16

Yes, totally Echo that !
Thanks for running the league, all the updates etc so well and congratulations on winning the title.
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 10:44 - Apr 30 with 1166 viewsburnsieespana

Congratulations MFB on your fine win and also thanks for both running the competition and giving such interesting reports each week.
Personally ally very happy to have come second in only my second season of taking part.
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 16:02 - Apr 30 with 1135 viewsSector4

Mick, thanks for running a great league as ever. Looking forward to another enjoyable season.
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 16:31 - Apr 30 with 1130 viewsnoah4x4

After weeks of never hitting a three pointer it's ironic that I clinch the Division One Title (again) by out-gunning ColuKev by one. Tough luck on long time leader basher2010 as we both snuck up on him; and don't we all know that Happy's Mum is going to sneak him into the Premier with his blind 1-0 picks!

Interesting that only the mighty Mfb_cufc outscored the two Div One auto-promos. But Ethics, Wessex and BFG relegated! That's seriously hard to believe! One week to go in Division Two and let's hope that brings surprises.

Great league administration by Mick all season, most especially during the pitch invasion by Pete. Look forward to 2017-18.
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 17:37 - Apr 30 with 1121 viewsmfb_cufc

Thank you all for your congratulations, and very generous comments. As always they are much appreciated. If any of you have friends or relations who would like to take part, they are most welcome to join.

mfb

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 10:24 - May 1 with 1079 viewsdurham_exile

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 17:37 - Apr 30 by mfb_cufc

Thank you all for your congratulations, and very generous comments. As always they are much appreciated. If any of you have friends or relations who would like to take part, they are most welcome to join.

I would like to add my sincere thanks to you Mick for the professional way that you have run the prediction league.

The synopsis post games is simply brilliant.

Your predictions are simply unbeatable as well. We all aspire to those levels of accuracy.

Anyway, thank you again.

Let us hope that the fillip of an away win gives us the momentum to secure another impressive home win on Saturday evening.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 14:04 - May 1 with 1058 viewsmfb_cufc

Thank you for those kind words, Peter. Incredible last day of the season for you to make the play-offs, hope it can be repeated by the U's on Saturday.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 16:20 - May 1 with 1053 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 14:04 - May 1 by mfb_cufc

Thank you for those kind words, Peter. Incredible last day of the season for you to make the play-offs, hope it can be repeated by the U's on Saturday.

Look out Mick, I'll be back next year circumstances permitting and I'll be after you; well maybe in a few years.
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 17:55 - May 1 with 1040 viewsmfb_cufc

I look forward to having you back again Gerry. The last two Champs have been relegated the following season, so you might catch up with me sooner than you think.

mfb

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 12:34 - May 2 with 1014 viewsdesthegooner

I had a Rubbish year ,,,,, need to taken out and DEALT with ...U GET me . After spend a few years in the wilderness . I had a good season ( the one before ) . a cup winner .. WHO----HOOOO . so a bit like ARSENAL must do better,. EVERY one have a GOOD BREAK SEE YAR ..ALL
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 20:59 - May 2 with 998 viewsBFG

Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 06:03 - May 3 with 979 viewsthrillseeker

Just want to add my thanks to you mfb for running/ organising a superb Happy League.
Happy League 2016/17 - Final Tables on 17:45 - May 6 with 929 viewsmrhappy

WEll done Mick !! On all levels !!

I have had a nightmare week ! Bad timing for me !

Can't believe ethics went through trap door
[Post edited 6 May 2017 17:48]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024