Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somewhere in Somerset 21:42 - Jun 21 with 8610 viewsMonahoop

Somewhere in the pleasant county of Somerset hordes of folk are heading to a farm near the town of Glastonbury. Anyone on here going? Anyone been before? What about this years line up? Looks pretty lame to me, but horses for courses I suppose and the odd surprise does happen now and then [ thinking of Lionel Richie's performance 2 years ago]. I've not been since 1979. Seemed a biggish festival then, but now it seems to have grown out of all proportion. Anyway, enjoy if you're going.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Somewhere in Somerset on 22:16 - Jun 21 with 6059 viewsBromleyHoop

I'm looking forwards to seeing MC Corbyn perform.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Somewhere in Somerset on 22:22 - Jun 21 with 6046 viewsBluce_Ree

F*ck Glastonbury and f*ck anyone calling it Glasto.

If I wanted to watch Muse followed by Coldplay followed by Adele, I'd suicide bomb a primary school on the off chance it landed me in the seventh circle of hell.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Somewhere in Somerset on 22:59 - Jun 21 with 6006 viewsSimonJames

I used to work on the gates and car parks there - which meant secure camping and a free ticket. Had to stop about 4 years ago because the missus couldn't get time off from her teaching job to look after my youngest son.
But she jacked in her job at the end of May - so I could have gone, but it was too late to arrange anything. All my mates are there, but I'll be watching on the telly.
Best year for me was probably '97 - Radiohead and the Prodigy in particular.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Somewhere in Somerset on 23:39 - Jun 21 with 5977 viewsBlackCrowe

Love the longest day, always mark it in some way and today with balmy weather was a peach....out on the clinker with the ever-reliable 10HP on the back and a hattrick of riverside boosers - Albany and the Swan in Thames Ditton, ending up in Boaters in Kingston. Alles gut.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Somewhere in Somerset on 08:55 - Jun 22 with 5851 viewsSilverfoxqpr

First went in the late 80's, continued through the 90's and last went in 2003. Enjoyed (some) of those years at the time but it's funny how you change as I couldn't think of anything worse now. The Somme like conditions of '97 and esepecially '98 did for me I think. A cursory look at the line up this year tells me Extreme Noise Terror are headlining one of the smaller stages though, get 'em on the Pyramid!
Somewhere in Somerset on 08:58 - Jun 22 with 5840 viewsSimonJames

Somewhere in Somerset on 23:39 - Jun 21 by BlackCrowe

Love the longest day, always mark it in some way and today with balmy weather was a peach....out on the clinker with the ever-reliable 10HP on the back and a hattrick of riverside boosers - Albany and the Swan in Thames Ditton, ending up in Boaters in Kingston. Alles gut.

Moved from Kingston 10 years ago, but many happy Sunday afternoons spent in the Boaters and Fox On The River (before they renamed it the Albany). Good times!

Somewhere in Somerset on 15:24 - Jun 22 with 5692 viewssmegma

Somewhere in Somerset on 08:58 - Jun 22 by SimonJames

Moved from Kingston 10 years ago, but many happy Sunday afternoons spent in the Boaters and Fox On The River (before they renamed it the Albany). Good times!

Glastonbury is my idea of hades.
Somewhere in Somerset on 19:33 - Jun 23 with 5545 viewsSimonJames

Royal Blood were excellent.

Login to get fewer ads

Somewhere in Somerset on 09:43 - Jun 24 with 5453 viewsrunningman75

Next Tory manifesto will be a call for bringing back National Service with all these dope smoking youngsters, practising free love and cheering Jeremy Corbyn. Though that was the over 40s in the audience.
Somewhere in Somerset on 13:57 - Jun 24 with 5383 viewsBlackCrowe

Somewhere in Somerset on 08:58 - Jun 22 by SimonJames

Point of order it was called the Albany before name changing to Fox On The River and back again.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Somewhere in Somerset on 15:38 - Jun 24 with 5320 viewsBoston

At one stage in my life I would probably attend 2/ 3 gigs a week, sometimes more. I never liked the big events though, avoided most of 'em and the only time I ever went to Glastonbury was with a few mushroom eaters in 78 or 79. There for a couple of days, it was a cross between a folky arty event and a car boot sale, sleeping accommodation a choice between a tepee or the back seat of 1960's Vauxhall. My neighbours at the fayre referred to themselves as 'New Age Traveller's' , which appeared to me to be a group of people wearing holed and over sized earth coloured sweaters surrounded by snot nosed children and three legged dogs. Apparently they roamed Britain and Ireland living on their wits, which garnered from conversations around the camp fire, meant signing on all over the country. I do not know how much it was to get in as I did not pay, but that wasn't me being anarchistic or anything, either my fungus loving associates had coughed up for parking the motor on the farm, or security wasn't arsed to ask, dunno, can't remember. Didn't really enjoy the acts, 'cept for Alex Harvey, not on the stage anyway, but there were some really interesting characters around the grounds who I whiled away the hours with, not that they found my intellect overly absorbing, I'd just come prepared with a couple of hundred fags and a shit load of warm beer in the aforementioned Vauxhall.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 15:39]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Somewhere in Somerset on 16:09 - Jun 24 with 5287 viewssmegma

Somewhere in Somerset on 15:38 - Jun 24 by Boston

At one stage in my life I would probably attend 2/ 3 gigs a week, sometimes more. I never liked the big events though, avoided most of 'em and the only time I ever went to Glastonbury was with a few mushroom eaters in 78 or 79. There for a couple of days, it was a cross between a folky arty event and a car boot sale, sleeping accommodation a choice between a tepee or the back seat of 1960's Vauxhall. My neighbours at the fayre referred to themselves as 'New Age Traveller's' , which appeared to me to be a group of people wearing holed and over sized earth coloured sweaters surrounded by snot nosed children and three legged dogs. Apparently they roamed Britain and Ireland living on their wits, which garnered from conversations around the camp fire, meant signing on all over the country. I do not know how much it was to get in as I did not pay, but that wasn't me being anarchistic or anything, either my fungus loving associates had coughed up for parking the motor on the farm, or security wasn't arsed to ask, dunno, can't remember. Didn't really enjoy the acts, 'cept for Alex Harvey, not on the stage anyway, but there were some really interesting characters around the grounds who I whiled away the hours with, not that they found my intellect overly absorbing, I'd just come prepared with a couple of hundred fags and a shit load of warm beer in the aforementioned Vauxhall.

I jibbed in back in 1989. Don't remember much due to lysergic influences but it was a great trip. In 1990 I spent £35 on a weekend ticket. In 89 the crowd was 60k, for 90 it was 90k. I thought the crowd was too big and at times in front of the pyramid stage the crushing became dangerous. During the Cures headline set, a helicopter landed beside the stage as one bloke got badly hurt. Seeing someone receiving CPR while you're monged off your tits isn't my idea of fun.
The following year 91 they said they were increasing the crowd to 120k. I bailed out and haven't returned. Nowadays it's turned into a corporate circus what with live TV, sponsorship and GLAMPING. What's wrong with $hitting under the nearest tree? If it was good enough for me......
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 16:11]
Somewhere in Somerset on 17:40 - Jun 24 with 5231 viewsSimonJames

Somewhere in Somerset on 13:57 - Jun 24 by BlackCrowe

Point of order it was called the Albany before name changing to Fox On The River and back again.

I did not know that!

Somewhere in Somerset on 18:41 - Jun 24 with 5197 viewsMonahoop

Somewhere in Somerset on 15:38 - Jun 24 by Boston

I was there Boston in '79. Alex Harvey was indeed one of the better acts that weekend. Shame there aren't characters like him around nowadays performing. Genesis performed there and I thankfully slept through their set through overindulgence on gut rot scrumpy. There was I recall a good mix of fungus types and punks and the facilities were spartan to non existent. Today the event is too big, too expensive and everyone looks so clean. Come on, rock n roll and fornicate in some crud instead of waving yer arms about to and fro all wimpy like!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Somewhere in Somerset on 18:46 - Jun 24 with 5179 viewsqprxtc

Somewhere in Somerset on 19:29 - Jun 24 with 5140 viewssmegma

I didn't know James Corden was the singer in a Shiite rap band

(Got 'jewels' in the name)
Somewhere in Somerset on 20:18 - Jun 24 with 5110 viewsBoston

Somewhere in Somerset on 18:41 - Jun 24 by Monahoop

I was there Boston in '79. Alex Harvey was indeed one of the better acts that weekend. Shame there aren't characters like him around nowadays performing. Genesis performed there and I thankfully slept through their set through overindulgence on gut rot scrumpy. There was I recall a good mix of fungus types and punks and the facilities were spartan to non existent. Today the event is too big, too expensive and everyone looks so clean. Come on, rock n roll and fornicate in some crud instead of waving yer arms about to and fro all wimpy like!!

I have received a communication informing me there were around 10,000 there that weekend. BTW, If you send me fifty quid you can have your dog back.

Somewhere in Somt on 22:24 - Jun 24 with 5041 viewsBklynRanger

I actually like the idea of it all getting more organised and comfortable. I can't be rolling about in the mud at my age what with my hiatal hernia condition. Fcuk me the Foo Fighters are over rated, just play Everlong and fcuk off.
Somewhere in Somerset on 22:26 - Jun 24 with 5038 viewsdanehoop

WAs just thinking how incredibly good the foo fighters were tonight. Different strokes I guess.

Never knowingly understood

Somewhere in Somerset on 23:49 - Jun 24 with 5001 viewssmegma

Somewhere in Somerset on 22:26 - Jun 24 by danehoop

WAs just thinking how incredibly good the foo fighters were tonight. Different strokes I guess.

All depends if you like blokes shouting rather than singing I guess !!
Somewhere in Somerset on 00:46 - Jun 25 with 4958 viewswombat

Somewhere in Somerset on 23:49 - Jun 24 by smegma

All depends if you like blokes shouting rather than singing I guess !!

At least he can shout in tune , they did it for me tonight anyway

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Somewhere in Somerset on 00:53 - Jun 25 with 4947 viewsBoston

Somewhere in Somerset on 00:46 - Jun 25 by wombat

At least he can shout in tune , they did it for me tonight anyway

Foo Fighters are one of those decent bands which I can't really name a tune by or know what they look like, but they're alright.

Somewhere in Somerset on 01:06 - Jun 25 with 4935 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Somewhere in Somerset on 00:53 - Jun 25 by Boston

Foo Fighters are one of those decent bands which I can't really name a tune by or know what they look like, but they're alright.

The Foo Fighters are a very good band but if you like songs, i'd recommend Bob Dylan or James Taylor.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Somewhere in Somerset on 01:18 - Jun 25 with 4924 viewsBoston

Somewhere in Somerset on 01:06 - Jun 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

The Foo Fighters are a very good band but if you like songs, i'd recommend Bob Dylan or James Taylor.

James Taylor (who I have met on a couple of occasions), is famous for singing other peoples songs.

Somewhere in Somerset on 01:29 - Jun 25 with 4916 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Somewhere in Somerset on 01:18 - Jun 25 by Boston

James Taylor (who I have met on a couple of occasions), is famous for singing other peoples songs.

I know but he sings them very well. He gives them wings.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024