Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGreal balls . 10:47 - Jul 22 with 17665 viewsbwildered

Kpekawa - great fit for the club - unfit to play against WHU .

Season 2016/17 - would have made the play offs if we had another couple of matches .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

McGreal balls . on 10:33 - Jan 7 with 3045 viewsMoor_Pinot

"fatigue" !!!!!! What? Didn't Cheltenham play any football recently? Aren't our young footballers fit young men? How many intelligent substitutions did management use in recent games. How many intelligent words does management use?

He'd do best to shut up and try and learn what being a manager actually requires in football or anything else. What a great shame Mr Cowling cannot see that parts of his policy prevent progress in our club. I am delighted he's around but frustrated by what a successful and intelligent leader does not enact in his own football club.

Moor Pinot

McGreal balls . on 11:40 - Jan 7 with 3028 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 10:33 - Jan 7 by Moor_Pinot

"fatigue" !!!!!! What? Didn't Cheltenham play any football recently? Aren't our young footballers fit young men? How many intelligent substitutions did management use in recent games. How many intelligent words does management use?

He'd do best to shut up and try and learn what being a manager actually requires in football or anything else. What a great shame Mr Cowling cannot see that parts of his policy prevent progress in our club. I am delighted he's around but frustrated by what a successful and intelligent leader does not enact in his own football club.

Couldn't agree more. Offering fatigue as an excuse for such a poor performance has credence only when your opponents don't have the same issues. At this time of year every side is in the same boat so McGreal's comments just don't wash. More honest assessment would have been to say the team wasn't set up well to start the game, the changes made during the second half made matters worse, the players appeared to give up and if fatigue was a problem then we need to address our training regime.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McGreal balls . on 12:15 - Jan 7 with 3018 viewspwrightsknees

I quite agree LB. But another of our problems seems to be that we pick up just as many injuries in raining as w do in actual matches
McGreal balls . on 13:01 - Jan 7 with 3012 viewsbwildered

Considering we unloaded some squad during the week, presume Prosser, the newbies and some U23 players only donned the pitch for the behind door game with L Orient during the week .

McGreal balls . on 19:04 - Jan 13 with 2924 viewsbwildered

Wycombe were not reduced to 10 men, when Mikael Mandron was felled just outside the box, by centre-half Nathan McGinley, when through on goal.

“That was a horrendous decision from the referee,” blasted McGreal.

“The referee thought that their lad (McGinley) got the ball, but I’ve seen it back on the video and he got nowhere near it. He was the last man.”

That incident happened just a minute after Wycombe had bagged their second goal.

Beginning to sound like Arsene JM , everybody and everything to blame but ourselves .

McGreal balls . on 22:48 - Jan 13 with 2893 viewsdurham_exile

McGreal balls . on 19:04 - Jan 13 by bwildered

Wycombe were not reduced to 10 men, when Mikael Mandron was felled just outside the box, by centre-half Nathan McGinley, when through on goal.

“That was a horrendous decision from the referee,” blasted McGreal.

“The referee thought that their lad (McGinley) got the ball, but I’ve seen it back on the video and he got nowhere near it. He was the last man.”

That incident happened just a minute after Wycombe had bagged their second goal.

Beginning to sound like Arsene JM , everybody and everything to blame but ourselves .

I am more concerned about the fact that Mandron's goals have well and truly dried up.

Perhaps we can see something of Junior and Senior at the very least on the bench.

Humes Out

Up the U's

Durham_exile

McGreal balls . on 07:22 - Jan 14 with 2865 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 22:48 - Jan 13 by durham_exile

I am more concerned about the fact that Mandron's goals have well and truly dried up.

Perhaps we can see something of Junior and Senior at the very least on the bench.

Humes Out

Up the U's

Should you read message boards elsewhere you would be excused for believing Mandron is in the same class as Ibrahimovic. I've never subscribed to this line of thought. Mandron is not a natural goal scorer, does not relish the physical side of the game, can't or won't jump and has a poor conversion rate. Prior to joining Col U he had pretty much failed everywhere he'd played until he dropped into the Conference South.

McGreal balls . on 19:11 - Jan 20 with 2785 viewsbwildered

Post Grimsby

We were far more dynamic in the second half, and had far more energy about us. Courtney Senior made a big difference for us, coming on as a substitute, and he was very close to starting today.

“At least we gave it a real go in the second half, that’s all you can ask.

“But we should really be scoring more than the one goal,” added McGreal.

Scored one straight after half time and never worked the keeper thereafter - two mid table sides cancelled each other out - playoff pipe dream , could even finish worse that last season .

Login to get fewer ads

McGreal balls . on 19:40 - Jan 20 with 2778 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 19:11 - Jan 20 by bwildered

Post Grimsby

We were far more dynamic in the second half, and had far more energy about us. Courtney Senior made a big difference for us, coming on as a substitute, and he was very close to starting today.

“At least we gave it a real go in the second half, that’s all you can ask.

“But we should really be scoring more than the one goal,” added McGreal.

Scored one straight after half time and never worked the keeper thereafter - two mid table sides cancelled each other out - playoff pipe dream , could even finish worse that last season .

"At least we gave it a real go in the second half, that's all you can ask" Sorry John, you may be happy with the players giving it a real go for one half of the game but I'd rather they did so for both halves. The game lasts for 90 minutes. Perhaps you could focus on that in the next training session.

McGreal balls . on 18:29 - Jan 27 with 2667 viewsbwildered

Post Vale

“We said in the team-talk at half-time that we expected them to come at us in the second half and we were comfortable for the majority of it.

“We made the change and it went to plan but then we totally knocked off for the goal.

“We ran off the pitch trying to block it — the shot was going wide and as we’ve run off the pitch we kept the lads onside and it’s a goal.

“We brought big Pross on and him, Frank and Tom dealt with the balls coming in — it was right up their street.

“We looked comfortable — we sat in a little bit but this is division two and we weren’t able to deal with that last couple of minutes."

Another classic example by defending in the wrong half again JM . Groundhog Day.

McGreal balls . on 11:41 - Feb 3 with 2573 viewsbwildered

Pre Newport

“We’ve drawn a lot of games, that’s been our main problem. That’s been our blip in recent games.

It's official - Current down turn is a blip .
Also known has unable to park the bus .

McGreal balls . on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 2563 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 11:41 - Feb 3 by bwildered

Pre Newport

“We’ve drawn a lot of games, that’s been our main problem. That’s been our blip in recent games.

It's official - Current down turn is a blip .
Also known has unable to park the bus .

We seem to reverse OK though...normally at half time.
McGreal balls . on 18:53 - Feb 3 with 2541 viewsbwildered

Post Newport

But McGreal then added: “Actually, I thought he was outstanding for us.
“Courtney is a very talented boy and we will do well to keep him fit.”

Blip over, Courtney, despite the attentions on the half way line, sets up Stevenson debut goal with a glorious run into the box . Keeping him fit might also be the responsibility of the referee .

McGreal balls . on 18:21 - Feb 10 with 2466 viewsbwildered

Post Carlisle
“I thought we were the better side, and I’m feeling gutted,” insisted McGreal

Would have made the play offs if we had another couple of matches could be all that familiar come the end game JM .

McGreal balls . on 17:26 - Feb 14 with 2372 viewsbwildered

Post Coventry

“We got the goal and you’re always looking for a second, which we didn’t get.

“I thought we should have been a couple of goals to the good but they changed it a little bit in the second half and got a goal.

Just has well Mandron had a get out of draw card, with one of the two only efforts which the visiting goalie had to deal with in the second half .

McGreal balls . on 18:16 - Feb 17 with 2295 viewsbwildered

Post Crewe

“We just never got going,” rued McGreal.

“The whole game was flat, and the second half was one of our worst performances since I’ve been in charge.

“We tried to inject some more pace with our substitutions in the second half, but that never happened.

“The substitutes did not work today, and I think everyone was below par.

“Our second-half display was simply not good enough, but it was only three points on offer today and we still have 12 games left.

“There are certainly areas I will be looking at in training this week, because you can’t just turn up at a place like Crewe and expect things to happen without putting in the hard work.

Our second half display is simply not good enough on more than one occasion JM , no surprises there. Thought we were to give it a good go? Perhaps not .

McGreal balls . on 18:56 - Feb 23 with 2207 viewsbwildered

Pre Barnet .

John McGreal thinks the race to clinch a League Two play-off spot will go down to the wire.

The word I was thinking JM was ... Plughole .

McGreal balls . on 00:50 - Feb 24 with 2182 viewsmfb_cufc

McGreal balls . on 18:56 - Feb 23 by bwildered

Pre Barnet .

John McGreal thinks the race to clinch a League Two play-off spot will go down to the wire.

The word I was thinking JM was ... Plughole .

It will probably go down to the wire, but we wont be one of the teams involved.

mfb

McGreal balls . on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 2142 viewsbwildered

Post Barnet .

“There were no positives to take at all,” added McGreal

Out of your depth JM .
It was sh-t from start to finish, ( sorry - no other word for it ), you would not cross the road to watch this ....
Hang your heads in shame for serving this dross JM & SB, time to go .

McGreal balls . on 20:06 - Feb 24 with 2139 viewsLeadbelly

May I suggest an amendment to the title of this thread?

McGreal? Balls!!

McGreal balls . on 23:22 - Feb 24 with 2108 viewsmfb_cufc

“We changed the system for today’s game and it was working up until then [half time]"

Another quote from McGreal after the game. Exactly what system was working? We played like we didn't have one. You are totally out of your depth McGreal, now walk.

mfb

McGreal balls . on 09:56 - Feb 25 with 2082 viewsbwildered

Pre Barnet

“I wouldn’t even use the word ‘complacency’ ahead of this weekend,” insisted McGreal.

Ironic .

McGreal balls . on 18:24 - Feb 27 with 2009 viewsbwildered

Colchester United boss John McGreal admits that “the play-offs are looking a bit distant,” but he is not giving up hope of his team pulling out all the stops to gate-crash the top seven.

From looking for a automatic place to gate crash !

McGreal balls . on 17:28 - Mar 2 with 1950 viewsbwildered

Pre Morecombe

“So we must keep an eye on what they are doing, to nullify that, and also implement our own game, which we didn’t manage to do last week (1-0 home defeat to bottom club Barnet).
“We might change one or two things around, and we could also change our formation, so we have options.
“It’s fine margins, and key moments, in this league.
“Poor as we were last week, we still had two key moments just before half-time with chances we didn’t take.

Key moments and fine margins, but points make prizes JM .

McGreal balls . on 18:05 - Mar 2 with 1939 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 17:28 - Mar 2 by bwildered

Pre Morecombe

“So we must keep an eye on what they are doing, to nullify that, and also implement our own game, which we didn’t manage to do last week (1-0 home defeat to bottom club Barnet).
“We might change one or two things around, and we could also change our formation, so we have options.
“It’s fine margins, and key moments, in this league.
“Poor as we were last week, we still had two key moments just before half-time with chances we didn’t take.

Key moments and fine margins, but points make prizes JM .

Has nobody told him? IT'S OFF
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024