Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGreal balls . 10:47 - Jul 22 with 17567 viewsbwildered

Kpekawa - great fit for the club - unfit to play against WHU .

Season 2016/17 - would have made the play offs if we had another couple of matches .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

McGreal balls . on 20:43 - Apr 28 with 1385 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 20:14 - Apr 28 by bwildered

Post Swindon
“Had it been a boxing match, it would have been over and I’m pleased with how we applied ourselves.
“We been stressing all week not to go out with a whimper in front of our fans.

Another boxing match where we fail to hit the target JcM . Two sides fulfilling the fixture.
Playing one up front in the final home fixture of the season, shows a whimper than a whirlwind.
Showed a glass chin in many home fixtures, failed around without enough strong punches in the areas that hurt anyone .

Hoped you enjoyed McG balls this season, trying to bring sense to the quotes.

Well at least you tried to bring sense to his quotes. There really was not much chance however and for the games I have managed to see this year his comments certainly were not of the matches I have watched. Maybe he sees football different to us mere mortal supporters.
Thanks for trying though.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 20:44]
McGreal balls . on 09:27 - May 2 with 1284 viewsbwildered

McGreal took charge of Colchester for the 101st time against Swindon last weekend.
Since taking over from Kevin Keen in the hot seat in May, 2016, the former U’s academy boss has won 35, drawn 28 and lost 38 of his games in charge in all competitions.

McGreal said: “The 100 games has gone so quickly.
“There’s been a lot of learning in it but a lot of enjoyment, as well.
“I can definitely say I’ve enjoyed every moment of it and I’m trying to implement a style of play that I really truly believe in.“The fans are getting warm to that as well, because it’s brought results.
Thanks JcM on his comments, and can honestly say, leave parking the bus to Butler !!

McGreal balls . on 12:49 - May 2 with 1269 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 09:27 - May 2 by bwildered

McGreal took charge of Colchester for the 101st time against Swindon last weekend.
Since taking over from Kevin Keen in the hot seat in May, 2016, the former U’s academy boss has won 35, drawn 28 and lost 38 of his games in charge in all competitions.

McGreal said: “The 100 games has gone so quickly.
“There’s been a lot of learning in it but a lot of enjoyment, as well.
“I can definitely say I’ve enjoyed every moment of it and I’m trying to implement a style of play that I really truly believe in.“The fans are getting warm to that as well, because it’s brought results.
Thanks JcM on his comments, and can honestly say, leave parking the bus to Butler !!

"The fans are getting warm to that as well, because it’s brought results"

Not the right results though. Is he of this world?
McGreal balls . on 14:09 - May 2 with 1260 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 12:49 - May 2 by gerry_us

"The fans are getting warm to that as well, because it’s brought results"

Not the right results though. Is he of this world?

Exactly. Whatever a manager does there will always be results, good bad or indifferent.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McGreal balls . on 15:57 - May 2 with 1253 viewsburnsieespana

Yes was wondering how his results compared with other Manager's first 100 games in charge although in modern times don't suppose that many but maybe Daniel could help?
One I would like to see JMc compared with is Jim Smith who came in from non League and at the time fans were not very happy with his appointment but went on to have a stunning career in football mamagement.
McGreal balls . on 20:07 - May 5 with 1200 viewsbwildered

Post Exeter

The result means Colchester have finished 13th in the League Two table, this season.

McGreal added: "We're not trying to stand still.

The only progress made under JMc has been backwards . Two seasons of under achievement and under adventurous football.
Predict next season will be similar, has we have not learnt nothing in the previous two .

McGreal balls . on 06:37 - May 6 with 1171 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 20:07 - May 5 by bwildered

Post Exeter

The result means Colchester have finished 13th in the League Two table, this season.

McGreal added: "We're not trying to stand still.

The only progress made under JMc has been backwards . Two seasons of under achievement and under adventurous football.
Predict next season will be similar, has we have not learnt nothing in the previous two .

One point from the final five games of the season, which is the worst record in League 2. What would have happened if we hadn't given it "a really good go"?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McGreal balls . on 08:07 - May 6 with 1164 viewsbwildered

Has I read the managers view every week thought I would start this thread has the alternative and honest opinion to the quotes.
Actions speak louder than words, unfortunately results and performances are worlds and words apart.

So my official statement reads .
Thanks for your efforts JMc in the last two seasons , and we wish him well in his future career .
[Post edited 6 May 2018 8:32]

Login to get fewer ads

McGreal balls . on 08:43 - May 7 with 1130 viewsbwildered

John McGreal insists Colchester United have not under-achieved with their performances this season — despite ending 13 points shy of the League Two play-off places.
The U’s finished 13th following a 1-0 defeat at Exeter City on the final day of the campaign, the club’s lowest league finish for 24 years.
Colchester registered seven fewer points than their final tally last season but head coach McGreal believes his side’s performances have been competitive.

McGreal said: “No I don’t (think we’ve under-achieved points-wise) because I think that’s where we are at and we’re in every single game
“We haven’t got into the play-offs which was our target but we haven’t under-achieved in our performances.
“We’ve now got a trend going with some of the football we’ve played and some of the boys have put in elite performances and we’ll try and keep hold of them.
“We’ve had some disappointing performances but on the other side of it, we’ve had some really good performances and not got the rewards we deserve.
“We’re hoping now that we can lay this little season to rest, have a good debrief on it and then try and work on it.”

Congrats to JcM on his Jackanory story , fact and fiction on the same shelf .

McGreal balls . on 17:54 - May 7 with 1099 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 08:43 - May 7 by bwildered

John McGreal insists Colchester United have not under-achieved with their performances this season — despite ending 13 points shy of the League Two play-off places.
The U’s finished 13th following a 1-0 defeat at Exeter City on the final day of the campaign, the club’s lowest league finish for 24 years.
Colchester registered seven fewer points than their final tally last season but head coach McGreal believes his side’s performances have been competitive.

McGreal said: “No I don’t (think we’ve under-achieved points-wise) because I think that’s where we are at and we’re in every single game
“We haven’t got into the play-offs which was our target but we haven’t under-achieved in our performances.
“We’ve now got a trend going with some of the football we’ve played and some of the boys have put in elite performances and we’ll try and keep hold of them.
“We’ve had some disappointing performances but on the other side of it, we’ve had some really good performances and not got the rewards we deserve.
“We’re hoping now that we can lay this little season to rest, have a good debrief on it and then try and work on it.”

Congrats to JcM on his Jackanory story , fact and fiction on the same shelf .

If that is really McG's assessment of the season its more a nightmare at bedtime than Jackanory.
What is worrying is that he thinks that way and probably convinced the management "that he will do better next season".
Please...NO
McGreal balls . on 19:11 - May 10 with 1039 viewsbwildered

McGreal said: “It would be great for us to make a statement of intent to let the fans and ourselves know that we’re progressing the football club.

“That’s what we’re trying to look to do and it would be great if we can get business done early but I’ve been here a couple of years and it does tend to happen a lot more in June and July, rather than May.

“We’ll be hoping and it won’t be from a lack of trying.

“The season is now done for the players but now for myself, Steve (Ball) and recruitment, hopefully this is where we can make a few additions and show we’re going to try and have a go again, next year.

Having a go AGAIN - Hope you are all reassured by JMc statement of intent, especially after are previous successful give it ago campaign saw us in that play off ........ooops

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024