Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend 00:48 - Jul 23 with 1538 viewsTheHappyGooner

If both teams had a similar run of success, something like pushing for promotion from div 1 to the championship-who would be the bigger club or get the bigger gate ?

Colchester or Southend

You decide ! Honest answers please.

My thoughts are and I could be wrong.

Colchester would get 6,500
Southend would get 7,000

So it's close
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 0:50]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 07:38 - Jul 23 with 1511 viewsthrillseeker

Seaweed are the bigger club but it doesn't bother me.

It is amusing they care so much about the rivalry with us whilst I couldn't give a toss about them. The weed are irrelevant

My most hated rival is Ipswich
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 09:21 - Jul 23 with 1502 viewsdurham_exile

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 07:38 - Jul 23 by thrillseeker

Seaweed are the bigger club but it doesn't bother me.

It is amusing they care so much about the rivalry with us whilst I couldn't give a toss about them. The weed are irrelevant

My most hated rival is Ipswich

I loathe Scummend and Piswitch equally.

The question of bigger club is irrelevant, there is only one team in Essex.

Ask any Farmers on Tuesday night after the U's have won and see what their opinion of losing to their East Anglian rivals is.

Up the Super U's

Promotion is a must this season to get back to League One

Durham_exile

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 13:14 - Jul 23 with 1482 viewsburnsieespana

Southend are bigger than us, no doubts and if we were both challenging for promotion qould say they would draw 9000 whereas we would be lucky to get 5500.
Ipswich are bigger than both.
On the subject ot rivals, Ipswich supporters don't count us and in fact the sensible ones "like us." They have an intense hatred of Norwich known by most as the "scum".
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 1480 viewsLeadbelly

Size doesn't matter. What you do with it does.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend (n/t) on 18:22 - Jul 23 with 1457 viewsnoah4x4

Southend population 295,000

Colchester population 186,000

Is it any wonder that Southend have higher average gates?

However, as a proportion of local population, Southend is poorly supported. By contrast, Colchester gates as a percentage of local population is right up there with clubs that are considered well supported.

The phrase "punching above our weight" is hence particularly relevant in this Financial Fair Play era. We are undoubtedly in the right Division relative to levels of support.

[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 18:29]
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend (n/t) on 21:50 - Jul 23 with 1423 viewsTheHappyGooner

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend (n/t) on 18:22 - Jul 23 by noah4x4

Southend population 295,000

Colchester population 186,000

Is it any wonder that Southend have higher average gates?

However, as a proportion of local population, Southend is poorly supported. By contrast, Colchester gates as a percentage of local population is right up there with clubs that are considered well supported.

The phrase "punching above our weight" is hence particularly relevant in this Financial Fair Play era. We are undoubtedly in the right Division relative to levels of support.

[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 18:29]

Good stats

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 10:49 - Jul 24 with 1385 viewsMoor_Pinot

I lived and worked in SE Essex for 9 years and Noah's figures are demonstrable. Additionally, Southend could call on Leigh, Westcliff, Rayleigh, Hadleigh, Canvey, Basildon and Benfleet et al. as well as Wickford for additional support probably amounting to another 300 000+ ? Whereas, the U's tend to draw on smaller towns like Halstead, Wivenhoe, Clacton, Coggeshall etc. I also think what I'll call "the Ipswich effect" reduces our base more than "the West Ham effect" does at Roots Hall.

All through my life Southend have tended be in a higher division than the U's and have been better suppported - the two are linked of course. It has always seemed inevitable and it doesn't bother me one bit...............altho' I hated it the great year when we went up together because they doubled us. But I enjoyed it the following year in the Championship!!!

However many supporters we have - god bless em all
Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 13:08 - Jul 24 with 1374 viewsTheHappyGooner

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 10:49 - Jul 24 by Moor_Pinot

I lived and worked in SE Essex for 9 years and Noah's figures are demonstrable. Additionally, Southend could call on Leigh, Westcliff, Rayleigh, Hadleigh, Canvey, Basildon and Benfleet et al. as well as Wickford for additional support probably amounting to another 300 000+ ? Whereas, the U's tend to draw on smaller towns like Halstead, Wivenhoe, Clacton, Coggeshall etc. I also think what I'll call "the Ipswich effect" reduces our base more than "the West Ham effect" does at Roots Hall.

All through my life Southend have tended be in a higher division than the U's and have been better suppported - the two are linked of course. It has always seemed inevitable and it doesn't bother me one bit...............altho' I hated it the great year when we went up together because they doubled us. But I enjoyed it the following year in the Championship!!!

However many supporters we have - god bless em all
Up the U's

Here here

I estimate next seasons average to be

Login to get fewer ads

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 12:36 - Jul 26 with 1296 viewsnoah4x4

Too low. 4,375
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 15:42 - Jul 26 with 1284 viewsjonestones

Is there a prize for whoever gets the closest?!
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 17:47 - Jul 26 with 1270 viewsburnsieespana

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 23:58 - Jul 26 with 1252 viewsTheHappyGooner

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 15:42 - Jul 26 by jonestones

Is there a prize for whoever gets the closest?!

Yeah - but spot ons only

I'll put up £10,000

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 18:40 - Jul 27 with 1227 viewsjonestones

Ha ha. I'll hold you to that! Looks like I've got a cool 10 grand heading my way!
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 21:57 - Jul 27 with 1204 viewsnoah4x4

Geez £10,000

No competition rules?

Can I have 5,000 attempts?
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 02:38 - Jul 28 with 1190 viewsTheHappyGooner

No

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 08:10 - Jul 28 with 1177 viewsnoah4x4

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 02:38 - Jul 28 by TheHappyGooner

No

Hmmmnn.... will just create 5,000 different anonymous users names ....to win £10,000.
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 11:18 - Jul 28 with 1169 viewsgerry_us

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 08:10 - Jul 28 by noah4x4

Hmmmnn.... will just create 5,000 different anonymous users names ....to win £10,000.

Withdraw gracefully Happy. With your luck recently someone is sure to get it spot on.
Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 12:14 - Jul 28 with 1163 viewsTheHappyGooner

Who are the bigger club ??? Colchester or Southend on 11:18 - Jul 28 by gerry_us

Withdraw gracefully Happy. With your luck recently someone is sure to get it spot on.

True

But the rules read a max of 25 entries only not including my own.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024