Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23's 18:45 - Aug 15 with 853 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody see the game against Birmingham as media seemed to rate our performance?
Under 23's on 21:11 - Aug 15 with 834 viewsnoah4x4

I was there (no surprise, addicted.....).

The young U's were awesome in first 30 minutes. It was as though the Birmingham players didn't know each other. Tommy O'Sullivan; George Brown; Tariq Issa and KVY ran rings around them. We deservedly went 2 -0 ahead, and it could have been more by the interval had 7 foot French goalkeeper Lefebre not been in fine form

Second half, Birmingham became seriously aggressive and we suffered from a referee with no bottle. He brandished one card, but had at least three subsequent opportunities to send off their centre half. Some of our younger boys were being kicked from pillar to post. This competition is under 23 and our chaps are typically 17 to 21. Having dominated possession in the first half, a few of our boys were occasionally second best in the tackle and that gave Birmingham some second half momentum. Referee awards the visitors an inexplicable free kick on edge of our area. Brilliantly taken. Keeper no chance.

This set-back seemed to revive our lads and a few substitutions relieved tired (bruised) legs. Whilst the second half was perhaps won by the Championship visitors, others put in thunderous blocks and tackles and we held out for victory and had opportunity to extend our lead. O'Sullivan was outstanding and must be knocking on the door of the first XI (match was watched by McGreal).

I love watching the under 23's. Fearless, skilful, tactically aware, and have played together for so long they have superb understanding. Our first half passing was like watching Brazil. Some are not yet physically robust, which makes them less than the finished article. But soon these kids will join Szmodics and others now in the senior group from the Academy,; hence valuable, even if we can't hang on to them (but we are guaranteed compensation as we are Academy Two).
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 21:17]
Under 23's on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 805 viewsburnsieespana

Who was our keeper and any idea where he came from as we seem to have a poduction line of them noah?
Under 23's on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 774 viewsnoah4x4

U's keeper was Dan Wilks.

A former Watford junior; moved to St Mirren U20's, but graduated into adult football at Maldon & Tiptree. So yet another in the pipeline coming from the U's collaboration with the Jammers.

As I said before, I see many age group games and think the future is truly rosy.
Under 23's on 16:58 - Aug 17 with 738 viewsbwildered

Much changed line up from last season . But did notice no Pollard , was he unavailable through injury ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024