Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo Haters 11:23 - Aug 20 with 7341 viewsrobith

Where you at?

This is a banter thread
Luongo Haters on 18:56 - Aug 20 with 1774 viewsstevec

Luongo Haters on 17:48 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Sorry, autocorrect. Was quoting you saying he was "the invisible man".

Anything but!

And you sure you know which player he is?! Better after he was subbed? When was he subbed then? Pretty sure he played the full game!

Banter or no banter, you have an irrational, illogical, indefensible view on a player, which you settled on 12 months ago, and won't change regardless of reality and what happens in front of you!

"Better after he was subbed"...he wasn't subbed.

"The invisible man"...stats show he was more involved and better than the rest of the midfield.

Keep making up that narrative, Steve C Trump.

Hunter hoop (and harbour) , I was winding you lads up, I know he wasn't subbed, the clue was in the spectacles which I didn't lose, I've got them on my head.

For what it's worth, he's started the season well. Naturally, I'm over the moon that those two years of finding out which position he can actually play and his throwing in of a solitary slow motion header as a teaser has kept so many of you happy.

Robith, you're a bounder and a cad!
Luongo Haters on 19:41 - Aug 20 with 1711 viewssmegma

Luongo Haters on 11:36 - Aug 20 by stevec

We're watching Scowen and Freeman show him how to be a midfielder.

I didn't notice that much from the invisible man yesterday but I'm sure you'll tell me he was out there.

Well according to the ratings for yesterday's game, fans on here have him down as our third best performer . They all can't be wrong.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 1:07]
Luongo Haters on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 1705 viewsTripleR

Luongo Haters on 18:49 - Aug 20 by simmo

Scowen and Luongo were the best players on the pitch yesterday, our 3 in midfield is the best part of our team atm and Luongo a huge part of that.

Have to agree with that, but don't forget Smithies.
Luongo Haters on 10:30 - Aug 21 with 1539 viewsrobith

Luongo Haters on 17:28 - Aug 20 by essextaxiboy

If you criticise (on here not at the game) you are not a "hater" its the wrong word .I have posted critiscism on here about Luongo mostly about his consistency and sometimes about his ability to play a short pass in tight situation and frustrated by his trips across the world and losing him for 3 games afterwards . Happy to say he has addressed the first two so far and looks to be part of a decent trio .
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 17:29]

It was some light hearted joshing about how I felt some refused to give him any credit at all last season. He's really stood out so far this year. Big tick. Next performance objective - keeping it up post intl break, and adding some more goals
Luongo Haters on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 1506 viewsTacticalR

Luongo Lovers.

Air hostess clique

Luongo Haters on 11:15 - Aug 21 with 1475 viewsstevec

Luongo Haters on 11:00 - Aug 21 by TacticalR

Luongo Lovers.

For the stats lovers...

Season 17/18
Pass completion rate
Luongo 76% (9th)
Ned 84% (2nd)

and the coup de gras...
Goal assists
Freeman 2 Luongo 0

Robith, Connell, Watford, Croydon, Hunterhoop, Hunterhoop
You're boy took one hell of a beating

Luongo Haters on 11:33 - Aug 21 with 1435 viewsrobith

Luongo Haters on 11:15 - Aug 21 by stevec

For the stats lovers...

Season 17/18
Pass completion rate
Luongo 76% (9th)
Ned 84% (2nd)

and the coup de gras...
Goal assists
Freeman 2 Luongo 0

Robith, Connell, Watford, Croydon, Hunterhoop, Hunterhoop
You're boy took one hell of a beating

You can prove any vague point with stats Steve, 62.5% of people know that
Luongo Haters on 17:45 - Aug 21 with 1329 viewsWadR

Always been a big Mass fan, and I've always been of the belief that we'd see the best of him in a functioning, balanced midfield.

He played mostly as a no.10 in his first season and then as a holding midfielder last year, he's played with, by my reckoning, Henry, Faurlin, Tozser, Doughty, Fer, Sandro, Borysiuk, Goss, Cousins, Manning and now Scowen and Freeman.

Central midfield partnerships, like centre back ones,need to be cultivated and given time to grow. I don't think Mass has ever really had the continuity of midfield shape or partner.

His tackling stats are consistently league leading and he's one of the few players in our squad who I trust in tight pressurised positions. Countless times he will wriggle out of an awkward position with a deft drop of a shoulder and a cute turn.

Obviously there's still weaknesses in his game but even games like Norwich last week when he was a bit peripheral, he still made 8 tackles (4 more than any other player).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024