Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Boer sacked after 5 games 14:37 - Sep 11 with 1310 viewsLeadbelly

Lost all 4 in the PL but they did beat the Farmers in the League Cup. Can't help but think the Palace board have been rather hasty, either in appointing De Boer in the first place or sacking him before he's had a real chance to impose himself on the first team squad.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 16:55 - Sep 11 with 1300 viewsdurham_exile

Sadly LB it was inevitable after such disappointing results. De Boer has been badly let down by some of his players. I watched the game on TV and it was a real shocker.

Notably Benteke who to quote from Mike Bassett - "couldn't hit the side of a Renault Espace". He must be pinching himself to still be playing in the Premier League, he has become a pale shadow of his former self.

Scott Dann was guilty of the miss of the century with his pathetic header late on which could have salvaged a point.

Lee Chung-yong's awful back pass from the halfway line to gift Wood his goal was Palace all over. Their next four games are Southampton Home, City Away, United Away and Chelsea Home - good luck in those four matches.

For the home team Chris Wood was a real steal from Leeds (I dont know why the Yorkshire side let him go, he is going to be a real star for the Lancashire club).

Up the U's

Durham_exile

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 17:57 - Sep 11 with 1289 viewsLeadbelly

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 16:55 - Sep 11 by durham_exile

Sadly LB it was inevitable after such disappointing results. De Boer has been badly let down by some of his players. I watched the game on TV and it was a real shocker.

Notably Benteke who to quote from Mike Bassett - "couldn't hit the side of a Renault Espace". He must be pinching himself to still be playing in the Premier League, he has become a pale shadow of his former self.

Scott Dann was guilty of the miss of the century with his pathetic header late on which could have salvaged a point.

Lee Chung-yong's awful back pass from the halfway line to gift Wood his goal was Palace all over. Their next four games are Southampton Home, City Away, United Away and Chelsea Home - good luck in those four matches.

For the home team Chris Wood was a real steal from Leeds (I dont know why the Yorkshire side let him go, he is going to be a real star for the Lancashire club).

Up the U's

I didn't see any of the game but your comments are similar to those I've heard elsewhere...players to blame.

Chris Wood was superb for Leeds last season but they have let him go because a) Burnley offered £15m and b) it's possible that he is not the best fit for how Leeds are trying to play under the new manager ie much quicker tempo, ball on the deck etc. Christiansen played up front for Barcelona so I suspect he has been around some fantastic players. He knows what he wants and, for the first time in ages, Leeds have an owner who is prepared to back his manager with sensible funds.

Below is a link to highlights reel of Pawel Cibicki. Deadline day signing who is only good enough for the bench at the moment. I have reason to be optimistic for this season.

(That's enough Leeds - Ed)

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 18:33 - Sep 11 with 1279 viewsbwildered

Five games, 77 days . Life tough at the top.
Guess though the compensation payment will be adaquate.
Strange has management always state that they do not take league tables seriously until October .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 16:19 - Sep 12 with 1236 viewsburnsieespana

To me it just confirms why I no longer watch Premiership football.
The league is over hyped, we kid ourselves because of the media and Sky in particular it is the be3st league in the world and finally the obseen amount of money within it has corrupted players, managers and owners alike.
De Boer sacked after 5 games on 16:46 - Sep 12 with 1233 viewsbwildered

Five games , heaven.
Ron Meades - player manager U's - FOUR DAYS .

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 15:57 - Sep 13 with 1204 viewsburnsieespana

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 16:46 - Sep 12 by bwildered

Five games , heaven.
Ron Meades - player manager U's - FOUR DAYS .

When was that as don't recall it?
De Boer sacked after 5 games on 20:44 - Sep 13 with 1186 viewsbwildered

Ron Meades was appointed at the start of the 1953 season, after several other possibles were considered. However once some back up enquiries where made the post was withdrawn due to discrepancies with his CV and playing career .

De Boer sacked after 5 games on 13:31 - Sep 14 with 1152 viewsburnsieespana

Ahh explains it as waas only 7 at the time and only saw my first game in 1956.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024