Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday 20:44 - Sep 29 with 1096 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his charges to Huish Park on Saturday to do battle with Yeovil Town. Darren Way reckons that all the pressure is on Colchester United and I wouldn’t disagree with him. We have made a wretched start to this campaign. Away form has been abysmal, whilst things are now slipping at the WHCS.

Blundell Park was symptomatic of our season so far. Kyle Reid (POTM) had given the U’s the opportunity to win the game but JM was ultra-defensive, taking off the Coventry loanee and replacing him with Cameron James on 71 minutes. Result Grimsby grew in confidence and just as at Morecambe we capitulated to a last-minute penalty which not only cost two points but also felt like a defeat.

Now JM says that he will delay naming his team until the last minute. Injuries have cost us dear once again. Sammy Szmodics was desperately unlucky to be injured again (it was a bad foul) and will be out for weeks with ankle ligament damage.

We now learn that Hanlan is carrying a groin injury. Slater was similarly afflicted last season and look what happened to him. Tom Eastman is also facing a late fitness test.

Frankly it is a mess and looks to be getting worse rather than better. Whilst Guthrie and Slater are close to returning they should not be rushed back tomorrow or else we could be back to square one.

So, let us look at just who JM has available — Obviously Walker, Jackson, Kent, Inniss and Vincent-Young. Wright, Comley, Reid, Murray, Marmite AKA Tom Lapslie, Kinsella, Kabamba, Odelusi, Mandron and Kpekawa.

Yeovil have hot shot Fela Olomola from Soton who has scored 5 goals for the Glovers, they also have the confidence of a morale boosting mid-week win at Chez Vegas.

Will JM try an attacking formation or will he go ultra-defensive. Personally, I want to see the U’s take the game to Yeovil. We do not have the ability at present (or the players) to see out a game so attack has to be the message.

Until Dickenson, Guthrie and Slater return to stiffen up (and vastly improve) the team, JM must opt to play those who are in form and to not be afraid to drop players like Mandron, who frankly was woeful on Tuesday night.

If Eastman is fit he must play otherwise an appearance as sub perhaps.

Something like this for tomorrow in a 3,5,2 formation:

Walker

Vincent-Young Inniss Kent

Jackson Comley Murray Lapslie Reid

Hanlan Kabamba

Subs:
Gilmartin Kinsella Odelusi James Mandron Loft Eastman

Let us see if Guthrie and Slater are fit for Mansfield in a week’s time.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U’s

In other news Freddie Ladapo looks set to lead the line for the Eagles at Old Trafford tomorrow.

[Post edited 29 Sep 2017 20:50]

Durham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 14:37 - Sep 30 with 1043 viewsdurham_exile

Kurtis Guthrie is on the bench

Durham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 15:54 - Sep 30 with 1028 viewsgerry_us

H-T 0-1 to the U's.
Message to management. Do not attempt to park the bus in the second half as we are no better than parking than my wife
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 15:55]
There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:12 - Sep 30 with 1016 viewsdurham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 15:54 - Sep 30 by gerry_us

H-T 0-1 to the U's.
Message to management. Do not attempt to park the bus in the second half as we are no better than parking than my wife
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 15:55]

Gerry did you have your wife's permission to opine that?

I was simply going to say Murray is mint

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:24 - Sep 30 with 1013 viewsgerry_us

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:12 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

Gerry did you have your wife's permission to opine that?

I was simply going to say Murray is mint

Up the U's

Erm, NO but she knows my feelings about her parking skills. t
There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:57 - Sep 30 with 1004 viewsdurham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:24 - Sep 30 by gerry_us

Erm, NO but she knows my feelings about her parking skills. t

Gerry - at last an away win. Good job that I didnt go!

Kurtis Guthrie also got 1 minute from the bench!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 17:36 - Sep 30 with 991 viewsburnsieespana

From Mexico, a good result and now I hope we can get more of the same.
There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 17:48 - Sep 30 with 985 viewsdurham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 17:36 - Sep 30 by burnsieespana

From Mexico, a good result and now I hope we can get more of the same.

burnsie - clearly your Mexican holiday has inspired the super U's

159 of the faithful travelled today which was a great effort.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 18:07 - Sep 30 with 979 viewsgerry_us

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 17:48 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

burnsie - clearly your Mexican holiday has inspired the super U's

159 of the faithful travelled today which was a great effort.

Up the U's

Parking improving?
Login to get fewer ads

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 20:12 - Sep 30 with 951 viewsgerry_us

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:57 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

Gerry - at last an away win. Good job that I didnt go!

Kurtis Guthrie also got 1 minute from the bench!!!!

Up the U's

This one minute off the bench. Was that seen as part of his rehabilitation or is he turning in to a Bonne figure?
Even Macca got five minutes occasionally.
There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 21:53 - Sep 30 with 934 viewsdurham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 20:12 - Sep 30 by gerry_us

This one minute off the bench. Was that seen as part of his rehabilitation or is he turning in to a Bonne figure?
Even Macca got five minutes occasionally.

Gerry - clearly JM is easing him back gently!!!!!!

Orient continued their recent poor form.

We have a difficult game v Mansfield next week.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 09:51 - Oct 1 with 888 viewswessex_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 21:53 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Kurtis was getting great support during the prematch and half-time warm ups, and an appreciative cheer when he came on for what was nothing more than a bit of game Management. Nice that McGreal chose Kurtis for it though.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:12 - Oct 1 with 851 viewsgerry_us

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 21:53 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Kind of Hush...er! .Hermans Hermits, right Peter?
Feeling old now remembering that. All your fault.
No away games on your own while I'm away please.
There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:55 - Oct 1 with 846 viewsdurham_exile

There will be a kind of Hush at Yeovil at 4.50pm Saturday on 16:12 - Oct 1 by gerry_us

Kind of Hush...er! .Hermans Hermits, right Peter?
Feeling old now remembering that. All your fault.
No away games on your own while I'm away please.

Gerry I promise no away games in the very near future.

Enjoy yourselves in the sun.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024