Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very ppor you tube content 15:09 - Oct 23 with 1744 viewsthrillseeker

Poor video but 3:42 - end caught my attention and has really wound me up

Wishing someone to die??
Very ppor you tube content on 15:33 - Oct 23 with 1732 viewsgerry_us

Mmm! I'm in the background from 2.03 - 2.05 Probably best I don't comment.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 15:37]
Very ppor you tube content on 17:02 - Oct 23 with 1703 viewsnoah4x4

Distrurbing video and utterly dreadful. I would have the idiot featured at the end of this video banned from all Colchester Utd matches home and away to send a strong message to our other idiots. Albeit verbal, his comments represent a 'hate crime'.

But that sentiment doesn't change the circumstance that I witnessed. It was an over aggressive response by strong arm tactic stewards to a minor misdemeanor conducted by a few stupid provocative kids.
Very ppor you tube content on 17:25 - Oct 23 with 1690 viewsthrillseeker

Very ppor you tube content on 17:02 - Oct 23 by noah4x4

Distrurbing video and utterly dreadful. I would have the idiot featured at the end of this video banned from all Colchester Utd matches home and away to send a strong message to our other idiots. Albeit verbal, his comments represent a 'hate crime'.

But that sentiment doesn't change the circumstance that I witnessed. It was an over aggressive response by strong arm tactic stewards to a minor misdemeanor conducted by a few stupid provocative kids.

Noah - 100% with you regarding incident with stewards

Video - left me stunned and wound up.
Very ppor you tube content on 18:30 - Oct 26 with 1589 viewsgerry_us

Very ppor you tube content on 17:25 - Oct 23 by thrillseeker

Noah - 100% with you regarding incident with stewards

Video - left me stunned and wound up.

Interesting no comments for the last three day!
Is everyone as embarrassed as I am with the "goings on" at the Ricoh last Saturday? Probably best forgotten but how soon before the next episode?
Very ppor you tube content on 05:57 - Oct 27 with 1563 viewswessex_exile

Very ppor you tube content on 18:30 - Oct 26 by gerry_us

Interesting no comments for the last three day!
Is everyone as embarrassed as I am with the "goings on" at the Ricoh last Saturday? Probably best forgotten but how soon before the next episode?

It was an idiotic comment, and an equally idiotic decision to include it in the video, but I think you’re mixing things up here Gerry. The young lads featured in the vlog are clearly down the front of the stand, and nowhere near the group at the back during the incident. I think it’s clear that opinions differ on that incident - you see unacceptable behaviour by U’s fans as the sole cause, others think over-zealous heavy-handed stewarding played its part - might as well leave it at that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Very ppor you tube content on 09:01 - Oct 27 with 1538 viewsgerry_us

Very ppor you tube content on 05:57 - Oct 27 by wessex_exile

It was an idiotic comment, and an equally idiotic decision to include it in the video, but I think you’re mixing things up here Gerry. The young lads featured in the vlog are clearly down the front of the stand, and nowhere near the group at the back during the incident. I think it’s clear that opinions differ on that incident - you see unacceptable behaviour by U’s fans as the sole cause, others think over-zealous heavy-handed stewarding played its part - might as well leave it at that.

Yes you are right Wessex; its me being an old fart and remembering the times when there were no stewards, home and opposition fans mixed and kids were passed over heads to get them to the front for a better view. Whatever happened to that era?
Ho hum...as someone used to say.
Very ppor you tube content on 14:33 - Oct 27 with 1518 viewsnoah4x4

Very ppor you tube content on 09:01 - Oct 27 by gerry_us

Yes you are right Wessex; its me being an old fart and remembering the times when there were no stewards, home and opposition fans mixed and kids were passed over heads to get them to the front for a better view. Whatever happened to that era?
Ho hum...as someone used to say.

I'm 63 but that era even predates me.

What I can remember as a teenager is standing at the Holte End, Villa Park, struggling to see; hearing a cheer and finding myself ten rows away carried along with the dangerous crowd surge. Attending football today is infinitely safer, even allowing for a few "standing".

I also recall walking from the away end at Molineaux down a narrow brick corridor as home fans indiscriminately lobbed bricks and bottles down on us. Sadly, we do have some 'bad behaviour' today, but it is not remotely like when I was a teenager. Responsible policing and stewarding has fostered the improvement as it wasn't ever the powder puff courts. But what I witnessed at the Ricoh wasn't responsible.

I had to chuckle though when the under 23's played Millwall at WHCS. One Millwall fan of about my vintage stood up, threw out his arns and proudly announced "you have read the book; watched the film; now meet the fans". We just ignored him. Then some wag asked him to autograph his team sheet. He did and it was hilarious watching him enjoy his minute of fame, but that's the sort of subtle psychology and humour that works best today. But had any U's fans or Stewards responded to his apparently threatening behaviour, who knows what might have happened?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 14:34]
Very ppor you tube content on 14:47 - Oct 27 with 1508 viewsgerry_us

Very ppor you tube content on 14:33 - Oct 27 by noah4x4

I'm 63 but that era even predates me.

What I can remember as a teenager is standing at the Holte End, Villa Park, struggling to see; hearing a cheer and finding myself ten rows away carried along with the dangerous crowd surge. Attending football today is infinitely safer, even allowing for a few "standing".

I also recall walking from the away end at Molineaux down a narrow brick corridor as home fans indiscriminately lobbed bricks and bottles down on us. Sadly, we do have some 'bad behaviour' today, but it is not remotely like when I was a teenager. Responsible policing and stewarding has fostered the improvement as it wasn't ever the powder puff courts. But what I witnessed at the Ricoh wasn't responsible.

I had to chuckle though when the under 23's played Millwall at WHCS. One Millwall fan of about my vintage stood up, threw out his arns and proudly announced "you have read the book; watched the film; now meet the fans". We just ignored him. Then some wag asked him to autograph his team sheet. He did and it was hilarious watching him enjoy his minute of fame, but that's the sort of subtle psychology and humour that works best today. But had any U's fans or Stewards responded to his apparently threatening behaviour, who knows what might have happened?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 14:34]

Doesn't predate me..........unfortunately
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024