Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Priti Patel 13:24 - Nov 8 with 25786 viewsrobith

Hmm, this is quickly unravelling from a bit embarrassing to a full blown scandal

Jewish Chronicle reporting that May was fully aware Patel had had meetings when she denied it

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/no-10-knew-about-priti-patel-israel-meetings-

22,000 people online currently tracking her flight back from Nairobi
Priti Patel on 17:26 - Nov 8 with 2765 viewsPhildo

Priti Patel on 16:51 - Nov 8 by GroveR

I agree mate. I asked a co-worker out some years ago by wànking like a demented gibbon and flicking harry at her like Multiple Miggs in the Silence of the Lambs so imagine my shock to be told that not only was this deemed 'the wrong way' but my career suffered too. We all need a sense of perspective here.

Yep #metoo - sacked after some of my jizz landed on the girl next to my desk. She was a remoaner as well.
Priti Patel on 17:27 - Nov 8 with 2762 viewsPunteR

Never heard of her...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Priti Patel on 17:28 - Nov 8 with 2758 viewsWestbourneR

Priti Patel on 16:11 - Nov 8 by stevec

If society deems a person can lose their entire career for asking someone out 'the wrong way' then that society gets the politicians it deserves.

It's becoming tit for tat (if I'm even allowed to say that these days) but what you're seeing is the Left undermining society as a whole. It's a plan and it's working.

First you question every British historical victory and every person representative of it going back hundreds of years, then you bring down the politicians, monarchy and commentators who represent it's modern day equivalent. Last but not least, you silence the man on the street. What better way to do that than cluster bomb every man as a potential rapist?

The Left are bringing us their very own form of Fundamentalism. It's very clever but we're sleep walking towards catastrophe.

Btw you've just unwittingly illustrated Northern's point to an extreme degree stevec.

Hope you're enjoying Trump land while it lasts.

EDIT - just seen Northern's reply
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 17:29]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Priti Patel on 17:44 - Nov 8 with 2734 viewsBrightonhoop

Oh We're so Pritti,
Oh so Pritti,
VaVacaant.

There's no point in asking
you'll get no reply
you'll always find us
out to lunch

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156094474249750&set=a.1015116841543475

Coat.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 17:56]
Priti Patel on 18:19 - Nov 8 with 2695 viewsstevec

Priti Patel on 16:22 - Nov 8 by robith

Hi Steve

I was going to respond by asking for an example as I don't think that's what's actually ever happened but then I read the rest of your post and I'm geniunely taken aback that you think thats true and what's happening.

I'd say about 90% of all the women I know has been sexually harassed and assaulted, but sure, men not being able to ask out their co workers is undermining society.

Also I'm not sure how sexual harassment and colonialism being bad are linked but there we go

Also - the left! Dunno if you've noticed mate but we haven't had a left wing government in this country since generously the 1960s. All of the print media is either right wing or centerist. How exactly have we manage to destroy society whilst holding none of the lever of...oh my god why am I replying seriously. Have a good day Steve, take care of yourself

Robith, 90% of women, seriously?

Not sure what age group you are in, but in mine, those women in their 50's, most seem to think what constitutes sexual harassment these days has gone a step too far.

Eye of the beholder and all that, but my wife is and was an attractive woman. She's had numerous blokes try it on with her since she was an adult but said she understands what blokes want, they are the hunter so to speak so only they can make a fúck up of any approach. A clumsy approach, in her view, doesn't make a sexual predator.

Of course, there are things blokes do that are illegal and they deserve any punishment they get. But 90% suggests that virtually all men are sexual predators, unless there's one particularly busy perv around your area.

I do get concerned how men turn their backs on men, whereas women, commendably, seem to be rather protective of each other. Do you think you do a service to your fellow man to believe that 90% of women have been genuinely sexual harassed because it implies all us men are a pretty despicable bunch.

One other thing, being elected doesn't necessarily mean you're running the country.
Priti Patel on 18:23 - Nov 8 with 2690 viewsstevec

Priti Patel on 17:28 - Nov 8 by WestbourneR

Btw you've just unwittingly illustrated Northern's point to an extreme degree stevec.

Hope you're enjoying Trump land while it lasts.

EDIT - just seen Northern's reply
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 17:29]

Not unwittingly at all Westbourne.

I could criticise any number of Tories all night if you want, but seeing as practically everyone else on here has covered that angle already it seems largely unnecessary.

Balance and all that.
Priti Patel on 18:35 - Nov 8 with 2667 viewsMrSheen

Priti Patel on 16:09 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

"She might be sacked before she gets a chance to resign. As a minister, but not as an MP. "

Often the case, Derby. In many countries. I can never understand the logic, though - if a politician is found to be deviant, dishonest, crooked, cowardly or treacherous they absolutely are not fit to be an Minister, but - ya - they're ok to be an MP.

Bizarre, isn't it?

The government chooses ministers, the electorate chooses MPs. They'll have their chance in time.
Priti Patel on 18:42 - Nov 8 with 2651 viewsJigsore

Priti Patel on 16:55 - Nov 8 by Sharpy36

Robith.

I don`t speak for Steve, but i presume he is speaking of the likes of antifa, 3rd wave feminists, those who would close down free speech, and the anti Democracy brigade. etc etc

please, both of those things are very small fringe groups that somehow the right has managed to thrust into popular consciousness and frame as massive organised groups trying to tear down society. it is utter bollocks. the ones who exist have no power. they're boogeymen.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Priti Patel on 18:57 - Nov 8 with 2635 viewsjohncharles

Robith.

I don`t speak for Steve, but i presume he is speaking of the likes of antifa, 3rd wave feminists, those who would close down free speech, and the anti Democracy brigade. etc etc

Loopy or what ?

Pride Patel had a SECRET deal to give British taxpayers money to the Israeli Army FFS

Strong and stable my arse.

Priti Patel on 19:15 - Nov 8 with 2599 viewsBrightonhoop

Gone.

And good riddance to bad rubbish.
Priti Patel on 19:26 - Nov 8 with 2584 viewskensalriser

From Priti Patel's misdemeanours to an apparently hugely successful left wing conspiracy to undermine western society and emasculate all men.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the undisputed world master of the non-sequitur - Stevec.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Priti Patel on 19:40 - Nov 8 with 2555 viewsstevec

Priti Patel on 19:26 - Nov 8 by kensalriser

From Priti Patel's misdemeanours to an apparently hugely successful left wing conspiracy to undermine western society and emasculate all men.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the undisputed world master of the non-sequitur - Stevec.

You’re too kind, but thanks
Priti Patel on 19:46 - Nov 8 with 2546 viewsE17hoop

Priti Patel on 18:19 - Nov 8 by stevec

Robith, 90% of women, seriously?

Not sure what age group you are in, but in mine, those women in their 50's, most seem to think what constitutes sexual harassment these days has gone a step too far.

Eye of the beholder and all that, but my wife is and was an attractive woman. She's had numerous blokes try it on with her since she was an adult but said she understands what blokes want, they are the hunter so to speak so only they can make a fúck up of any approach. A clumsy approach, in her view, doesn't make a sexual predator.

Of course, there are things blokes do that are illegal and they deserve any punishment they get. But 90% suggests that virtually all men are sexual predators, unless there's one particularly busy perv around your area.

I do get concerned how men turn their backs on men, whereas women, commendably, seem to be rather protective of each other. Do you think you do a service to your fellow man to believe that 90% of women have been genuinely sexual harassed because it implies all us men are a pretty despicable bunch.

One other thing, being elected doesn't necessarily mean you're running the country.

And for those women in their 50s who don't find it acceptable, who are scared of contact with men as a result of persistent comments, actions, and low-level harassment?

Women should not have to change their behaviour when they don't, for the most part, instigate it. Just because behaviour was accepted doesn't mean it's acceptable.

The definition of legality is quite clear; unwanted touching where someone feels uncomfortable is illegal. And a straw poll with the women I work with was 100% - they've all suffered minor abuse such as being rubbed up against on a train, unwanted comments, and men touching themselves in front of them.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Priti Patel on 19:47 - Nov 8 with 2540 viewsNorthernr

Priti Patel on 18:23 - Nov 8 by stevec

Not unwittingly at all Westbourne.

I could criticise any number of Tories all night if you want, but seeing as practically everyone else on here has covered that angle already it seems largely unnecessary.

Balance and all that.

Again, exactly my point.

They've fcked up here, clearly, Patel and Johnson. But you've nailed your colours to the mast and the standard of political discourse in this country, and the US, at the moment means you'd rather say something ridiculous that makes you look wilfully stupid than say "actually, they're my party and I support them but on this occasion a couple of them have fcked up".

We saw the same with Diane Abbott during the election. Good local MP by all accounts but clearly too fcking stupid to be pitched for the higher office they wanted her in. Now people on the left should have just said "yeh, she's not quite up to this" but instead they made anybody who said "look at this fcking berk" out to be a bully and/or a racist.

As somebody who's right wing on some things (prisons, benefits) left on others (privatisation of utilities/railways, immigration) and centrist on others (Europe) I find this polarisation of the whole country, this treatment of everything as a black and white issue, this division between right and left and never the two shall meet even for a second on any issue, demoralising, dispiriting and, most importantly, entirely counter productive to the national interest.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Priti Patel on 19:51 - Nov 8 with 2528 viewsFredManRave

Priti Patel on 17:27 - Nov 8 by PunteR

Never heard of her...

She's Priti.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Priti Patel on 20:25 - Nov 8 with 2479 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Priti Patel on 18:35 - Nov 8 by MrSheen

The government chooses ministers, the electorate chooses MPs. They'll have their chance in time.

Fair point, actually. Never thought of it like that, nor made that distinction.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Priti Patel on 20:35 - Nov 8 with 2451 viewsHunterhoop

Priti Patel on 19:47 - Nov 8 by Northernr

Again, exactly my point.

They've fcked up here, clearly, Patel and Johnson. But you've nailed your colours to the mast and the standard of political discourse in this country, and the US, at the moment means you'd rather say something ridiculous that makes you look wilfully stupid than say "actually, they're my party and I support them but on this occasion a couple of them have fcked up".

We saw the same with Diane Abbott during the election. Good local MP by all accounts but clearly too fcking stupid to be pitched for the higher office they wanted her in. Now people on the left should have just said "yeh, she's not quite up to this" but instead they made anybody who said "look at this fcking berk" out to be a bully and/or a racist.

As somebody who's right wing on some things (prisons, benefits) left on others (privatisation of utilities/railways, immigration) and centrist on others (Europe) I find this polarisation of the whole country, this treatment of everything as a black and white issue, this division between right and left and never the two shall meet even for a second on any issue, demoralising, dispiriting and, most importantly, entirely counter productive to the national interest.

Absolutely, Clive. Spot on.
Priti Patel on 21:11 - Nov 8 with 2377 viewsMrSheen

Priti Patel on 20:25 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point, actually. Never thought of it like that, nor made that distinction.

No government would choose the Healy Raes. But the people, in their wisdom...
Priti Patel on 21:14 - Nov 8 with 2370 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Priti Patel on 21:11 - Nov 8 by MrSheen

No government would choose the Healy Raes. But the people, in their wisdom...

Yes, God bless the good people of South Kerry!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Priti Patel on 21:34 - Nov 8 with 2345 viewsMrSheen

Priti Patel on 21:14 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, God bless the good people of South Kerry!

John O'Donoghue's firm are my solicitors. Must have been a funny night when he finally got the boot.
Priti Patel on 21:45 - Nov 8 with 2322 viewseasthertsr

Priti Patel on 19:47 - Nov 8 by Northernr

Again, exactly my point.

I'm sorry Northern , it's called democracy. People stating their views and their disagreements with those who have different ones. As imperfect as it is, it is still the best way of running a society. Many millions of people from other parts of the world would give their right arm to be able to do the same.
Priti Patel on 22:32 - Nov 8 with 2240 viewsFDC

Robith.

"Antifa" is the new anarchist "black bloc". Right wing fonts of knowledge used to speak with great authority about this dangerous group that had dastardly plans and were on the cusp of overthrowing society, apparently unaware that black bloc was a tactic and not an entity. Exactly the same with antifa networks - there is no Antifa group, it's just an abbreviation for antifacist, and anyone who turns up for an antifacist mobilisation to see off fash could be described as an antifa, same as anyone who wears black to evade police surveillance can be described as black bloc.
Priti Patel on 22:32 - Nov 8 with 2241 viewsNorthernr

Priti Patel on 21:45 - Nov 8 by easthertsr

I'm sorry Northern , it's called democracy. People stating their views and their disagreements with those who have different ones. As imperfect as it is, it is still the best way of running a society. Many millions of people from other parts of the world would give their right arm to be able to do the same.

But people entrenching in their views, digging in and saying things they know are ridiculous because it sticks with the party line of their chosen side? Where’s that getting anybody? Just turns the whole thing into a personality contest and witch hunt.

This demonisation of people in the centre is doing my head in.

Priti Patel on 22:36 - Nov 8 with 2232 viewsDorse

Just as long they replace her with a white, middle-aged, male sex pest who went to Eton, eh?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Priti Patel on 22:44 - Nov 8 with 2215 viewsBrightonhoop

Problem is UK will take genertions to recover from the offence Johnson causes with his sheer lack of diplomacy.

He'll likely replace May so good luck with Brexit. The Japanese already said fck off re Nissan and EU access. Oh dear. And the Yanks will privatise the NHS. It wont be free at point of service in a year or two, and we've already paid for it. Via NI. From someone living outside looking in, you want to take a look in. It's a farking joke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024