Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS 18:18 - Nov 21 with 883 viewsdurham_exile

JM prepares to do battle with Danny Cowley’s Imps at the WHCS this evening. Following a no score draw against the Shrimps on Saturday (very much 2 points dropped) the U’s must endeavour to create more in the attacking third and look to see off one of the League’s meanest defences having conceded 17 goals in 18 matches. However, they have only scored 21 goals which sees them in 10th place on 27 points. After Cowley’s inspired managerial performances last season in Cup and National League, they have settled well in the higher division and will provide a good test for the U’s. They will also offer more attacking intent than Morecambe.

The weather in Colchester is a balmy 13 degrees now and with only a 10% chance of rain it should be a decent evening at the Fortress.

Tonight’s game will be important before the tough encounter at Meadow Lane on Saturday. Three points tonight is very much order of the day and I hope that JM selects a suitable creative and attacking team to take the game to Lincoln.

Suggested line up in a familiar 3,4,1,2 formation:

Walker

Eastman Inniss Kent

Jackson Slater Marmite Vincent-Young

Szmodics

Mandron Hanlan

Subs:
Gilmartin Kinsella Loft Wright Reid Odelusi Comley

JM is clearly looking for some stability in his team selection and whilst we continue to miss Prosser, Dickenson, Guthrie, Murray and Senior, he must pick the team accordingly.
Home matches must dictate a more attacking intent and so Szmodics must play with two strikers ahead of him. The wing backs Jackson and Vincent-Young are dependable and pacy whilst the bench allows more pace to be introduced in the form of Wright and Reid. Doug Loft unless 100% fit must start off on the bench.

The attendance was disappointing on Saturday, evening matches always add a certain sparkle under the (Christmas) lights and Lincoln will surely bring 500 Imps to cheer them on.

Attack, attack, attack must be the battle cry and to start early before they can settle in their defensive formation.

Tonight, also must see one of the strikers manage at least one goal. This must be Hanlan’s last chance to impress before he is surely relegated to the bench in favour of Odelusi. I’m sure that if Guthrie can be ready for the key December games, then everyone will be a tad happier in North Essex.

So, a decent atmosphere, a good opposition and balmy November weather, enjoy the game and lets get back to winning ways at the fortress.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 19:49 - Nov 21 with 855 viewsdurham_exile

Just what we needed an early goal from Sammie.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:06 - Nov 21 with 851 viewswessex_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 19:49 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

Just what we needed an early goal from Sammie.

Up the U's

I was at Sincil Bank for their game against Chesterfield earlier this season. Lincoln may have won 2-1 (and arguably Chesterfield scored all three goals), but they really didn't look anything special against a poor side who were very low on confidence. Well done Sammie, now let's hope Mandron rises to the challenge to keep in touch on the goal-scoring head-to-head.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:13 - Nov 21 with 847 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:06 - Nov 21 by wessex_exile

I was at Sincil Bank for their game against Chesterfield earlier this season. Lincoln may have won 2-1 (and arguably Chesterfield scored all three goals), but they really didn't look anything special against a poor side who were very low on confidence. Well done Sammie, now let's hope Mandron rises to the challenge to keep in touch on the goal-scoring head-to-head.

Definitely Wessex

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:25 - Nov 21 with 843 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:13 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

Definitely Wessex

Up the U's

Doug sicknote Loft injured and replaced by Comley

We really have to keep an eye on these players with poor appearance stats.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:42 - Nov 21 with 835 viewsthrillseeker

Loft was playing well until he got injured
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:45 - Nov 21 with 832 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:42 - Nov 21 by thrillseeker

Loft was playing well until he got injured

TS exactly if there is any doubt as to their fitness they should not be risked. I understand it is a shoulder injury so hopefully not too bad.

Up the U's

We need an early second goal

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:48 - Nov 21 with 832 viewsthrillseeker

We are now sitting too deep.

Expect Lincoln to put the fat lump Rhead on and play 2 large lumps upfront and go even more direct
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:50 - Nov 21 with 831 viewsgerry_us

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:48 - Nov 21 by thrillseeker

We are now sitting too deep.

Expect Lincoln to put the fat lump Rhead on and play 2 large lumps upfront and go even more direct

Oh; sophisticated football it is then.
Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:16 - Nov 21 with 826 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 20:50 - Nov 21 by gerry_us

Oh; sophisticated football it is then.

JM needs to change it up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:29 - Nov 21 with 819 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:16 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

JM needs to change it up.

Up the U's

Mandron off and Hanlan on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:37 - Nov 21 with 817 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:29 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

Mandron off and Hanlan on

Up the U's

5 added mins

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:43 - Nov 21 with 813 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:37 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

5 added mins

Up the U's

3 massive points

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:47 - Nov 21 with 810 viewsgerry_us

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:43 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

3 massive points

Up the U's

Massive. I also got the correct score and the scorer. Massive .
Going to Notts County. Anyone else planning a trip?
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:51 - Nov 21 with 806 viewswessex_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:43 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

3 massive points

Up the U's

Shame it wasn't 6pts from the last two, but no one can argue that 20pts from the last 9 games isn't something to bring us all hope! Notts County will be a difficult trip without a doubt, but onwards and upwards!

Come on Col U!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:04 - Nov 21 with 799 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:51 - Nov 21 by wessex_exile

Shame it wasn't 6pts from the last two, but no one can argue that 20pts from the last 9 games isn't something to bring us all hope! Notts County will be a difficult trip without a doubt, but onwards and upwards!

Come on Col U!!

Meadow Lane huge match but here's the thing we are long overdue a good result there and with our recent good away form expect Saturday to deliver.

Three points would also lift us into the top seven.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:12 - Nov 21 with 791 viewsthrillseeker

Although Lincoln put us under a lot of pressure 2nd half they didn't really create any clear cut chances and really their keeper kept them in the game with some smart saves
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:18 - Nov 21 with 787 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:12 - Nov 21 by thrillseeker

Although Lincoln put us under a lot of pressure 2nd half they didn't really create any clear cut chances and really their keeper kept them in the game with some smart saves

That was borne out by the stats TS.

A great confidence boost for Saturday.

The Imps brought 475 of their faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 23:27 - Nov 21 with 767 viewsnoah4x4

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:18 - Nov 21 by durham_exile

That was borne out by the stats TS.

A great confidence boost for Saturday.

The Imps brought 475 of their faithful.

Up the U's

All credit to Imps fans that got the North Stand open on a Tuesday night; but their silence after three minutes was a bonus.

Frankly, I don't think our performance was much different from Saturday except that we scored one and they didn't. That forced the Imps to throw men forward and that tgen created opportunities for us. Had we similarly managed to unlock a determined Morecambe defence once we might have scored plenty. Today, we might even have lost 1 -2, but Lincoln suffered the poor luck that so often besets us (hit post etc,).

Looking forward to Saturday. Have never seen us win at Meadow Lane. I have a feeling we might nick it with these tactics.
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 18:33 - Nov 22 with 697 viewsbwildered

Great early strike by Sammie, but the plaudits must go to the defence who looked assured throughout in this hard fought win . Lincoln seemed to get frustrated has the game progressed, with the final ball unproductive due to our hard work, with the hole quite populated with players.
More home games waiting similiar with several sides above us still to visit.
Biggest improvement needs to be breaking with pace forward, with picking sides off, something which we fail at all to often .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 18:41 - Nov 22 with 697 viewsmfb_cufc

Superb defensive display last night. Credit where it is due, JM has done a good job with a defence that was conceding an average of two goals a game at the start of the season, and has now only conceded two in the last eight games. I would say our defence is now the best we have had since that first season in the Championship. A lot of this has to go down to the impressive Inniss, who seems to get better with every game. Would love us to sign him outright, but I am sure there are bigger clubs than us who would want him.

mfb

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 19:11 - Nov 22 with 694 viewsnoah4x4

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 18:41 - Nov 22 by mfb_cufc

Superb defensive display last night. Credit where it is due, JM has done a good job with a defence that was conceding an average of two goals a game at the start of the season, and has now only conceded two in the last eight games. I would say our defence is now the best we have had since that first season in the Championship. A lot of this has to go down to the impressive Inniss, who seems to get better with every game. Would love us to sign him outright, but I am sure there are bigger clubs than us who would want him.

Ryan Innis needs total love from U's fans if we are ever going to keep him. But are we showing this? I realise the song, "he hates the Old Bill" is intended as humour, but if I was the player it would really pi55 me off, especially if I felt there had been any injustice in my arrest or conviction. He has a right of rehabilitation and we should respect that.

Similarly, how can the Odelusi "....he always gives the ball away" chant help that players confidence (albeit it might be wholly true)? McGreal also wants the drum back, but it was confiscated after a female steward was threatened. Yesterday, I had a quiet word with the supervisor and its return is now being considered, but for how long before another idiot threatens to stuff his sticks where inappropriate?

Whilst I disagreed with Gerry-US regarding the incident at Coventry I do feel that our younger fans need to apply a tad more thought. There appear to be a growing number prepared to take things too far. Their songwriting talents are laudable and I always lend my voice to the most positive chants. But stuff like "number four, your mum's a hoare" just isn't appropriate. Nor is any other racist, homophobic or personally negative chant. We should be encouraging our players. Even showing disapproval regarding opponents and perhaps referees (boo) is reasonable, but should not be verbally abusing individual players in inappropriate chants.....especially our own.
Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:15 - Nov 22 with 672 viewsLeadbelly

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 19:11 - Nov 22 by noah4x4

Ryan Innis needs total love from U's fans if we are ever going to keep him. But are we showing this? I realise the song, "he hates the Old Bill" is intended as humour, but if I was the player it would really pi55 me off, especially if I felt there had been any injustice in my arrest or conviction. He has a right of rehabilitation and we should respect that.

Similarly, how can the Odelusi "....he always gives the ball away" chant help that players confidence (albeit it might be wholly true)? McGreal also wants the drum back, but it was confiscated after a female steward was threatened. Yesterday, I had a quiet word with the supervisor and its return is now being considered, but for how long before another idiot threatens to stuff his sticks where inappropriate?

Whilst I disagreed with Gerry-US regarding the incident at Coventry I do feel that our younger fans need to apply a tad more thought. There appear to be a growing number prepared to take things too far. Their songwriting talents are laudable and I always lend my voice to the most positive chants. But stuff like "number four, your mum's a hoare" just isn't appropriate. Nor is any other racist, homophobic or personally negative chant. We should be encouraging our players. Even showing disapproval regarding opponents and perhaps referees (boo) is reasonable, but should not be verbally abusing individual players in inappropriate chants.....especially our own.

Chants, however inappropriate or positive, won't be a factor in where Inniss plays next season. Money will and I doubt very much we will offer sufficient to secure his services. We should try though.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:14 - Nov 22 with 666 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 21:15 - Nov 22 by Leadbelly

Chants, however inappropriate or positive, won't be a factor in where Inniss plays next season. Money will and I doubt very much we will offer sufficient to secure his services. We should try though.

Ryan Inniss (22) has yet to play for Crystal Palace first team.

He has however since 2013 been on loan for the following clubs:

Cheltenham, Luton, Gillingham, Yeovil, Port Vale and Southend
He is of course on loan to the Super U's for the season.

I have to say that when I first saw him play he had a nightmare at Grimsby, but since then he has played superbly well and to his credit JM seems to have found the perfect combination of Eastman, Inniss and Kent at the back (echoing MFB point about the defence).

I suspect that the only reason he hasn't played at a higher level is down to his alleged chequered personal life.

Certainly if he continues to shine for Colchester and we achieve promotion, then we may have a chance of signing him, but he would I am sure like to play Championship football. Just as long as our Suffolk fiends don't come in for him in May!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lincoln to be impaired by Super U's tonight at WHCS on 22:36 - Nov 22 with 659 viewsgerry_us

Noah said in as previous post.."Whilst I disagreed with Gerry-US regarding the incident at Coventry I do feel that our younger fans need to apply a tad more thought. There appear to be a growing number prepared to take things too far. Their songwriting talents are laudable and I always lend my voice to the most positive chants. But stuff like "number four, your mum's a hoare" just isn't appropriate. Nor is any other racist, homophobic or personally negative chant. We should be encouraging our players. Even showing disapproval regarding opponents and perhaps referees (boo) is reasonable, but should not be verbally abusing individual players in inappropriate chants.....especially our own."

Some interesting comments you make there Noah, many that I was unaware of at the time of previous posts...disagreements etc. I find it hard to accept that our young "supporters" can ever see it right to chant anything against our own team members. Does the word "supporters" mean nothing to them. I will reserve further comments post Notts County when hopefully ALL travelling support will be fully behind the team in what will be a difficult fixture. I for one will not be too disappointed if the drum is still missing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024