Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS 20:32 - Dec 22 with 1236 viewsdurham_exile

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the Col U faithful.

Fresh from an excellent Away performance at the County Ground, JM returns to a home match at Fortress Weston against the Valiants under the management of Neil Aspin.

Port Vale are looking to pull away from the foot of the table and have profited from back to back victories, notably a 2-1 success at Brunton Park last week.

Port Vale also have an identical Away record to that of the Super U’s, so JM must guard against complacency after 3 wins out of 4 against fancied teams in the League.

Traditionally the final weekend before Christmas is notorious for last minute bargains in the hustle and bustle of the shopping centres and outlets. Let us hope that the Colchester faithful can be persuaded to enjoy some festive football, especially as the team are doing so well at present.

One of the reasons (as mentioned last week) is the fact that JM is able to field a fairly settled team and that is a rarity in itself. Clearly Ryan Inniss is a big miss but JM rejigged the defence, and all was well at Swindon. With four games in ten days however, JM will be looking to play a number of squad players and will be looking to press Inniss back into service when deemed match fit.

Port Vale will be no pushovers and in Tom Pope and Tyrone Barnett they have a potent strike force. Notwithstanding this I expect the U’s to be too strong for the Valiants and to see them off tomorrow.

JM will be keen to play as settled a side as possible and that must mean minimum changes.

He may revert to the 3,4,1,2 formation for this home game.

Walker

Jackson Eastman Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Lapslie Reid

Szmodics

Wright Mandron

Subs:
Gilmartin Kpekawa James Slater Murray Guthrie Inniss

With the news this week that Sanmi Odelusi will be returning to his parent club, JM must decide whether Brandon Hanlan will also follow suit. This of course depends on the fitness of Kurtis Guthrie who annoyingly has yet to sign his new contract offer — get it signed and quick.

Kyel Reid was instrumental in the win at Swindon and he is likely to start at home where he has already expressed a desire to see his loan extended and Coventry are likely to agree to this arrangement.

Sammie Szmodics footwork for his goal at the County Ground was reminiscent of Philip Coutinho (no really it was) and he now needs to maintain his fitness and the goals will continue to flow.

JM will have to decide whether he can accommodate both Mandron and Guthrie in his team, personally I think he can in what could be a really strong partnership, but it is early days. He also has to accommodate wing backs and his midfield dynamos. An interesting problem to have.

I hope to see both strikers given the chance to enjoy some minutes on the field together tomorrow.

Similarly, Craig Slater and Sean Murray will be champing at the bit to gain some minutes over the Festive period.

With Brennan Dickenson less than two months way from league action, the faithful will be licking their lips at the prospect of a near full strength team for the super U’s.

Tomorrow the Colchester area is set for a balmy 10 degrees c with cloud cover and the occasional shower. It is really mild for the time of the year.

We just need the crowd to turn up in force and to witness another three points for JM’s Super U’s.

Enjoy the match and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:00 - Dec 22 with 1223 viewsmfb_cufc

Excellent review as usual DE, but just like to point out that Odelusi was signed on a permanent deal, so will be without a club on December 31st. Though he he had a trial with Cheltenham reserves earlier this week, so there could be a possibility there for him. If he did sign for Cheltenham we could see him back at the fortress on January 6th.

As for the team tomorrow, I agree with you, we will go with the same team that beat Swindon.

mfb

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:26 - Dec 22 with 1220 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:00 - Dec 22 by mfb_cufc

Excellent review as usual DE, but just like to point out that Odelusi was signed on a permanent deal, so will be without a club on December 31st. Though he he had a trial with Cheltenham reserves earlier this week, so there could be a possibility there for him. If he did sign for Cheltenham we could see him back at the fortress on January 6th.

As for the team tomorrow, I agree with you, we will go with the same team that beat Swindon.

mfb thanks for the clarification regarding Odelusi.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 22:35 - Dec 22 with 1215 viewsLeadbelly

We won't miss Odelusi at all, whether or not Guthrie is fit. We will miss Inniss, however, if he departs for Bury as is being rumoured.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 23:00 - Dec 22 with 1209 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 22:35 - Dec 22 by Leadbelly

We won't miss Odelusi at all, whether or not Guthrie is fit. We will miss Inniss, however, if he departs for Bury as is being rumoured.

That sounds like a very ugly rumour.

Playing for Bury, I'm struggling to find any redeeming features for such a move.
Possibly the quality of their black pudding otherwise I am at a loss!!!!

Let us hope that the rumours are totally without foundation.

It does however strengthen the argument for the U's returning to League One ASAP.

We would stand a greater chance of retaining players and attracting better quality prospects.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 07:51 - Dec 23 with 1191 viewsnoah4x4

Didn't Innis sign on a season long loan? If so, can we lose him before May? Suppose that depends on the terms of the loan regarding recall to his home club. But it's hardly satisfactory for McGreal to be dependent on a loanee that could so easily move on. Frankly, I doubt this rumour......
Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 09:28 - Dec 23 with 1181 viewsLeadbelly

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 07:51 - Dec 23 by noah4x4

Didn't Innis sign on a season long loan? If so, can we lose him before May? Suppose that depends on the terms of the loan regarding recall to his home club. But it's hardly satisfactory for McGreal to be dependent on a loanee that could so easily move on. Frankly, I doubt this rumour......

The loan is for the season but, if the rumour has any credence, there is a clause allowing him to move.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 15:40 - Dec 23 with 1140 viewsdurham_exile

Super Sam, Super Sam, Super Sammie Szmodics

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 15:57 - Dec 23 with 1138 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 15:40 - Dec 23 by durham_exile

Super Sam, Super Sam, Super Sammie Szmodics

Up the U's

Set up nicely for the second half.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 16:56 - Dec 23 with 1126 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 15:57 - Dec 23 by durham_exile

Set up nicely for the second half.

Up the U's

Disappointed with the result but another point which could be vital.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 17:08 - Dec 23 with 1120 viewsgerry_us

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 16:56 - Dec 23 by durham_exile

Disappointed with the result but another point which could be vital.

Up the U's

Bit short of my 4-0 scoreline forecast but Sammy for first scorer will do.
Onwards and upwards over the holiday period. Beware Chessie though havi g been thumped today. I'll be there with No.1 daughter. Are you travelling Durham?
Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 19:54 - Dec 23 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 17:08 - Dec 23 by gerry_us

Bit short of my 4-0 scoreline forecast but Sammy for first scorer will do.
Onwards and upwards over the holiday period. Beware Chessie though havi g been thumped today. I'll be there with No.1 daughter. Are you travelling Durham?

Good evening Gerry and Merry Christmas

I will be travelling to Chez Vegas with my youngest son and a friend who apparently is using the game to get away from his family party!!!

Such is the pull of the mighty Col U

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:16 - Dec 23 with 1045 viewsgerry_us

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 19:54 - Dec 23 by durham_exile

Good evening Gerry and Merry Christmas

I will be travelling to Chez Vegas with my youngest son and a friend who apparently is using the game to get away from his family party!!!

Such is the pull of the mighty Col U

Up the U's

He should be so lucky! I'll be going straight to a family party after the game. Hope I'm in a good humour.
Meet you there.
Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:46 - Dec 23 with 1038 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:16 - Dec 23 by gerry_us

He should be so lucky! I'll be going straight to a family party after the game. Hope I'm in a good humour.
Meet you there.

Ok Gerry

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:47 - Dec 23 with 1037 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:46 - Dec 23 by durham_exile

Ok Gerry

Up the U's

In other news Drew Wrights miss today was awful

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 22:15 - Dec 23 with 1029 viewsnoah4x4

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 21:47 - Dec 23 by durham_exile

In other news Drew Wrights miss today was awful

Didn't play well against Swindon but at least did display a moment of of magic to set up the winner. Today, he had a stinker and was rightly subbed.
Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 22:53 - Dec 23 with 1017 viewsdurham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 22:15 - Dec 23 by noah4x4

Didn't play well against Swindon but at least did display a moment of of magic to set up the winner. Today, he had a stinker and was rightly subbed.

Sorry Drey Wright, the miss was so bad that I even confused his Christian name!!!!

Durham_exile

Confident & fearless Super U's to overcome Valiants at WHCS on 08:56 - Dec 24 with 977 viewsbwildered

After two early scares, U's got in their stride played well and looked good going forward. Szmodics springs the offside trap with a goal made in Colchester due to Lapsie brilliant through ball. Mandron unselfishly sets up a gilt edge chance for Wright to squander just before the break .
Unsurprisingly no time and space thereafter, constant crosses from the right by Harness worries JM enough to put on a extra centre half and let KVY fill the space left by the subbed Reid .
Straight after the inevitable equalizer Szmodics rattles the bar when the centre half slips up which ends up being the best chance for a winner .
If we had four points out of the last six, with a home win and away draw, might been more satisfied, but now seems like two points dropped .
Fair play to Port Vale who were proactive and positive throughout, in a tight division these are the games which make the difference , where finding a winner is invaluable to the points tally come May .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024