Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex 23:03 - Dec 25 with 1409 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his promotion hunting Super U’s to the Checkatrade Stadium to do battle with HK, better known as Harry Kewell and his Crawley charges. Now make no mistake the Reds have just managed something that we have failed to do in successive seasons and that is to win at the Crown Ground. At 3-0 they were coasting and eventually won 3-2 after a rally from the home team, but take nothing away, it was an impressive victory.

Additionally, we have failed to win at Crawley with 3 defeats and 2 draws in our previous meetings. Despite this Colchester must not only be favourites to prevail on Boxing Day (after all we are a form team at present) but also if results go our way we could enter the top three places, which would be quite an achievement.

Colchester remain outside the top seven places with 36 points from 23 games, an improvement is required for the second half of the season if we are to achieve 82 points, which will be required to achieve a place in the top three. Crawley have 27 points from 23 games and sit in 17th place.

I read today that stats compiled for Boxing Day results show Colchester well down the table out of the 92 League Clubs with only 16 wins from 54 games since their formation. Stats however are there to be challenged and our recent away form suggest we are capable of winning the match to maintain our credible promotion challenge.

JM will be looking to maintain his successful team selection which has been largely unchanged for the last few matches. JM has a decision to make about Ryan Inniss and Kurtis Guthrie, but I would caution about rushing either player back too soon. Both should figure on the bench if deemed fit. I would like to see Guthrie back to play some part against Chesterfield on Saturday.

JM may opt to start 4,3,3 with the following players:

Walker

Jackson Eastman Kent Vincent-Young

Lapslie Comley Reid

Szmodics Mandron Wright

Subs:
Gilmartin Inniss James Murray Hanlan Slater Guthrie

The weather tomorrow at Crawley is likely to be 8-degrees Celsius, but wet with almost 100% precipitation. It will be a question of who wants it more in the conditions.

JM will have to effect change to his playing personnel at some stage with a punishing Christmas/New Year schedule, but Crawley, Chesterfield and Cambridge are winnable games.

Safe journey for the travelling faithful, enjoy the game and let us celebrate another away victory at 4.50pm on Boxing Day.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:03 - Dec 26 with 1362 viewsdurham_exile

Team unchanged.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:08 - Dec 26 with 1360 viewsdurham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:03 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Team unchanged.

Up the U's

Mikael Mandron a great start

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:30 - Dec 26 with 1357 viewsdurham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:08 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Mikael Mandron a great start

Up the U's

Crewe have gone 2-0 up at Chesterfield, our next opponents.

Mandron is looking dangerous and there should be further Super U's goals today

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:01 - Dec 26 with 1349 viewsdurham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:30 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Up the U's

1-0 HT

Exeter game abandoned due to torrential rain.

Macca Bonne has just scored his 13th of the season.

Oh and the U's are going UP

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:15 - Dec 26 with 1346 viewsdurham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:01 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

1-0 HT

Exeter game abandoned due to torrential rain.

Macca Bonne has just scored his 13th of the season.

Oh and the U's are going UP

Sammie Szmodics 2-0

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:51 - Dec 26 with 1337 viewsgerry_us

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 15:30 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Good omen for Saturday Peter?
Could you finally see U's away win or are you a jinx? Saturday will see the definitive answer.
Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:52 - Dec 26 with 1336 viewsdurham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:51 - Dec 26 by gerry_us

Good omen for Saturday Peter?
Could you finally see U's away win or are you a jinx? Saturday will see the definitive answer.

Outstanding result Gerry

Bring on the Spireites

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 17:57 - Dec 26 with 1311 viewswessex_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 16:52 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Outstanding result Gerry

Bring on the Spireites

Unless the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune intervene, I think I'll be at Chesterfield too - will look out for you chaps.

In other news, in a moment of last minute inspiration, I changed my U'sual prediction from a spot-on 2-0 with Mandron to a 3-1 with Mandron - gutted :-(

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 21:14 - Dec 26 with 1278 viewsdurham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 17:57 - Dec 26 by wessex_exile

Unless the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune intervene, I think I'll be at Chesterfield too - will look out for you chaps.

In other news, in a moment of last minute inspiration, I changed my U'sual prediction from a spot-on 2-0 with Mandron to a 3-1 with Mandron - gutted :-(

Wessex will look out for you at Chez Vegas.

Incredibly I had Colchester 2-0 with Mandron to score first.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 12:12 - Dec 27 with 1225 viewsgerry_us

Just watched the TV highlights and how much does the Chuckaturd trophy remind everyone of Layer Road?

I'll be at Chessie, looking out for you all.
Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 14:11 - Dec 27 with 1210 viewsnoah4x4

Boxing Day celebrations to continue for the Super U's in West Sussex on 12:12 - Dec 27 by gerry_us

Just watched the TV highlights and how much does the Chuckaturd trophy remind everyone of Layer Road?

I'll be at Chessie, looking out for you all.

Nothing like it when actually there Gerry. It's horrible unless you win.

The away seated area is temporary seating under a canvass roof. The away standing area is six concrete steps under a flat tin roof, which has all the ambiance of a lorry container. Similar at the home end. The home main stand is typically non-league (reminds me of Kidderminster's Aggborough). We silenced the home crowd inside five minutes (not difficult as there were only 1600 of them and 375 of us).

The only redeeming feature, THE best Cornish Pasties ever and a fantastic supporter's bar that made us very welcome.

At Chesterfield, we will be assembling in the 'Derby Tup' a fine real ale establishment.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 14:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024