Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations 2018 12:41 - Jan 31 with 21706 viewsrobith

Kicks off this weekend! Thought it might be good to take people's mind off the doom at the moment.

Some shameless pluging as well, you may know I used to write the old blogs, well I've now started a podcast as well, which I'd be honoured if you gave it a listen. Preview of the tournament and my squeaky voice for you delection

https://soundcloud.com/user-152690766/1-six-nations-preview

(apols for plugging clive, let me know if it's not cool and I'll take it down)

Anyway open tournament - England have a lot of injuries as do Wales. Kinda makes Ireland favourites by default, and despite my recent scepticism on us, we really should be winning it.

Scotland are the glamour team, but they're missing a lot of front rowers so will their backs get the ball enough? Wales have had to pick a lot of the Scarlets players so will be interesting to see how they play.

I reckon

Ireland
England
Scotland
Wales
France
Italy

FAO: people who will moan about pubs with made up stories about rugby fans. We've heard it all before so maybe lay off it? Surely preferable to gastro pubs full of Cockney Reds on a Sunday #winkyface #banter #earlybirdcatchestheworm
Six Nations 2018 on 16:59 - Mar 21 with 1441 viewsrobith

The big issue for England is

- their back row isn't up to scratch. Ireland played Leinster's third choice 7 and he was better than Robshaw or Haskell because he is actually a 7. Look at the effect Hamish Watson had vs them despite being the size of a child. England keep playing a load of 6.5s with no balance. You need a carrier, a fetcher and a tackler, now more than ever.

- Their gameplan was built around Billy V's power getting them over the gainline. They didn't replace that, but played in the exact same way.

- "Ireland look after their players" isn't cheating. Player welfare isn't a dirty word. Relegation doesn't effect the calibre of players vying for England spots. Try looking after your players and maybe they'll perform better.

- Last year England had won back to back 6N and Saracens back to back European Cups. Better this to happen this year than next
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024