Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morecambe game under threat 08:50 - Mar 1 with 994 viewsdurham_exile

The continuing adverse weather conditions means that Saturdays game will be under threat.

Although Lancashire has not yet seen the snow that much of the North has experienced, they have sub zero temperatures.

Weather watch required and hopefully a decision can be made sometime on Friday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Morecambe game under threat on 10:25 - Mar 1 with 979 viewsgerry_us

Sounds like Co.Durham is also under threat as well. I had arranged the weather so you could not get to Morecambe! Stay at home and keep warm.....please.
Morecambe game under threat on 10:26 - Mar 1 with 979 viewsnoah4x4

No chance of any football down here today Durham. My back garden is buried under 10 cms and it's still snowing quite hard. Apparently some A roads are blocked in Lincolnshire (n.b. we usually travel up the A1) and I doubt if the cross Pennine routes will be a joy. Respect to the 4,000 + Rochdale fans that had a miserable journey home from Wembley.

So far, the only announcement is the CUSA bus is leaving earlier (07:30). But if there is any doubt I am hoping it is called off on Friday afternoon when the forecast is known. The pitch might be fine, but the roads and railway....? On the last two journeys north we were delayed by accidents and were fretting about missing kick off and conditions were good. Can you imagine Saturday? Common sense must prevail even if it means a Tuesday night trip.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 10:28]
Morecambe game under threat on 15:17 - Mar 1 with 906 viewsLeadbelly

Morecambe game under threat on 10:26 - Mar 1 by noah4x4

No chance of any football down here today Durham. My back garden is buried under 10 cms and it's still snowing quite hard. Apparently some A roads are blocked in Lincolnshire (n.b. we usually travel up the A1) and I doubt if the cross Pennine routes will be a joy. Respect to the 4,000 + Rochdale fans that had a miserable journey home from Wembley.

So far, the only announcement is the CUSA bus is leaving earlier (07:30). But if there is any doubt I am hoping it is called off on Friday afternoon when the forecast is known. The pitch might be fine, but the roads and railway....? On the last two journeys north we were delayed by accidents and were fretting about missing kick off and conditions were good. Can you imagine Saturday? Common sense must prevail even if it means a Tuesday night trip.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 10:28]

Pitch inspection scheduled for 12.00 tomorrow, presumably before the Us team bus is due to depart.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Morecambe game under threat on 17:10 - Mar 1 with 866 viewsmfb_cufc

The games at Sheff Utd, Bradford City, Gillingham, Oxford Utd and Newport have already been postponed. With the forecast not good for tomorrow as well, I think it likely there will be no games played in League's 1 and 2.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 18:33]

mfb

Morecambe game under threat on 17:21 - Mar 1 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

Morecambe game under threat on 17:10 - Mar 1 by mfb_cufc

The games at Sheff Utd, Bradford City, Gillingham, Oxford Utd and Newport have already been postponed. With the forecast not good for tomorrow as well, I think it likely there will be no games played in League's 1 and 2.

I'm taking Gerry's advice and staying at home, mind you we have 12 inches of snow in the Village and where it has drifted it is far worse.

At least if I don't go I can't be blamed for another defeat!!!!!!!!!

Noah, I saw the Colchester weather and conditions at Colchester railway Station. Not very good at all.

The Beast from the East and Storm Emma have a lot to answer for!

My son even has snow in North Cornwall, albeit only a light covering.

In view of the conditions let us hope that the match is called off on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Morecambe game under threat on 11:30 - Mar 2 with 711 viewsLeadbelly

Morecambe game under threat on 17:10 - Mar 1 by mfb_cufc

Postponed so far are games at:

Ipswich
Sheffield United
Blackpool
Bradford
Gillingham
Shrewsbury
Barnet
Cheltenham
Exeter
Newport
Swindon

About 75% of Conference games have been called off as well. Certain to be more League games to follow suit.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Morecambe game under threat on 12:25 - Mar 2 with 692 viewsdurham_exile

Morecambe game under threat on 11:30 - Mar 2 by Leadbelly

Postponed so far are games at:

Ipswich
Sheffield United
Blackpool
Bradford
Gillingham
Shrewsbury
Barnet
Cheltenham
Exeter
Newport
Swindon

About 75% of Conference games have been called off as well. Certain to be more League games to follow suit.

Following a pitch inspection the game is off tomorrow.

Common sense has prevailed, it also gives the U's more time to regroup ahead of the Mansfield game with Flitcroft's Stags the opposition.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024