Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential signing for next season? 15:35 - Mar 9 with 830 viewsLeadbelly

This young lad is scoring freely for an underperforming side in the National League. Just the sort of player we should be signing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leyton-orient/top-scorers

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Potential signing for next season? on 15:59 - Mar 9 with 822 viewsFruitbat

If only he played for Maldon.
Potential signing for next season? on 16:39 - Mar 9 with 812 viewsdurham_exile

Macca Bonne - never heard of him!!!!

Only able to play for 3 or 4 minutes a game under JM

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Potential signing for next season? on 17:17 - Mar 9 with 804 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You do know that he was offered the chance to stay but rejected it when he was told he wouldn't be a regular starter. For me personally he's never shown enough to start regularly at this level. Maybe a season at National League level will help him to improve and possibly the change of scenery has done him good. I wasn't that sorry to see him go as I only saw him as a squad player and the move was probably for the best for both parties.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Potential signing for next season? on 17:38 - Mar 9 with 800 viewsLeadbelly

Potential signing for next season? on 17:17 - Mar 9 by RSCOSWORTH

You do know that he was offered the chance to stay but rejected it when he was told he wouldn't be a regular starter. For me personally he's never shown enough to start regularly at this level. Maybe a season at National League level will help him to improve and possibly the change of scenery has done him good. I wasn't that sorry to see him go as I only saw him as a squad player and the move was probably for the best for both parties.

Merit in what you say but have we signed anyone since he left that it quite obviously better?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Potential signing for next season? on 18:33 - Mar 9 with 794 viewsnoah4x4

Potential signing for next season? on 17:38 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

Merit in what you say but have we signed anyone since he left that it quite obviously better?

Junior is much better that Bonne based on what I have seen (now at least six matches), but he needs the right players around him.

Drey Wright and Jackson are clueless. They always cut inside; never draw out the full backs to create space for Junior; never get to the byeline and cross; have no end game except shoot, miss or give the ball away. Junior has had zero service in the First Team. As regards Bonne, I gather that 'attitude' was also a concern.
Potential signing for next season? on 19:09 - Mar 9 with 784 viewsgerry_us

Potential signing for next season? on 18:33 - Mar 9 by noah4x4

Junior is much better that Bonne based on what I have seen (now at least six matches), but he needs the right players around him.

Drey Wright and Jackson are clueless. They always cut inside; never draw out the full backs to create space for Junior; never get to the byeline and cross; have no end game except shoot, miss or give the ball away. Junior has had zero service in the First Team. As regards Bonne, I gather that 'attitude' was also a concern.

"Attitude" at being brought on in the 87th minute in nearly every game he played. Not surprised he had an attitude after being treated like that.
Potential signing for next season? on 19:39 - Mar 9 with 776 viewsdurham_exile

Potential signing for next season? on 19:09 - Mar 9 by gerry_us

"Attitude" at being brought on in the 87th minute in nearly every game he played. Not surprised he had an attitude after being treated like that.

On July 16th I suggested that Bonne would score 25 goals this season and we would regret letting him go.

I am still of that opinion and believe the club made a serious error of judgement.

Should we fail to reach the top seven, then the loss of Bonne, Elokobi and Brindley will have definitely not helped.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Potential signing for next season? on 20:06 - Mar 9 with 774 viewsbwildered

Should we fail to reach a play off place ( again ) the blame lies off the pitch , not on .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Potential signing for next season? on 20:10 - Mar 9 with 772 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Potential signing for next season? on 19:39 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

On July 16th I suggested that Bonne would score 25 goals this season and we would regret letting him go.

I am still of that opinion and believe the club made a serious error of judgement.

Should we fail to reach the top seven, then the loss of Bonne, Elokobi and Brindley will have definitely not helped.

Up the U's

Three players that were all offered contracts and chose to leave. Bonne may be having a decent season, the other two are not.

Potential signing for next season? on 20:14 - Mar 9 with 768 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You can't really argue with the lad wanting to play more but also you can't argue with McGreal's decision not to guarantee him a starting spot. Ironically if he'd stayed I think he'd have played more this season and we might have got more out of him.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 20:20]

Potential signing for next season? on 20:16 - Mar 9 with 767 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Potential signing for next season? on 20:06 - Mar 9 by bwildered

Should we fail to reach a play off place ( again ) the blame lies off the pitch , not on .

Really? So the players that took to the pitch in the woefully poor performances against Crewe and Barnet are completely blameless?

Potential signing for next season? on 21:20 - Mar 9 with 751 viewswessex_exile

Potential signing for next season? on 20:16 - Mar 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Really? So the players that took to the pitch in the woefully poor performances against Crewe and Barnet are completely blameless?

I agree with both of you - if we fail to make the play-offs, the blame rests firmly on the shoulders of both the squad and the management. I genuinely believe we have both the management set-up and the squad to not only compete for the play-offs, but in all seriousness automatic promotion. If we don't even get the play-off booby prize, then everyone involved has to take a long hard look at themselves and answer the question why? Though it might not resonate particularly well with some, that must mean keep the core of what we have, learn from the mistakes, but definitely lose those on and off the pitch who aren't delivering.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 21:21]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024