Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals 22:50 - Mar 14 with 3651 viewswessex_exile

As the dust settles on the UCL Round of 16, and with no extra-time needed for any matches, here are this weeks' results:
Man Utd 1 v 2 Sevilla
Roma 1 v 0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Besiktas 1 v 3 Bayern Munich
Barcelona 3 v 0 Chelsea

Group A
1} TheHappyGooner......2/8......14pts
2} BFG............................1/6......9pts

3} Daniel........................1/4......7pts
TheHapsG was always likely to claim first place, but this was consolidated with his Barca v Chelski spot-on tonight, and two more outcomes, to finish top on 14pts. Mind you, BFG was no slouch this week either, with another 5pts (including the Roma v Shakhtar spot-on) to finish in second place. Remarkably, despite missing six matches, at one moment tonight Daniel was lined up to sneak through with two spot-ons, until Messi scored Barcelona's third against Chelsea.

Group B
1} concordman..........3/8......17pts
2} mfb_cufc...............0/8......8pts

3} burnsieespana......0/6......6pts
The overall performance of this round is Concordman, picking up a massive 3 spot-ons and 8 outcomes to finish comfortably top on 17pts. MFB's impressive 50% outcome hit-rate was enough for second place on 8pts, ahead of Burnsie on 6pts.

Group C
1} thrillseeker..........2/6......12pts
2} gsy163.................1/9......12pts

3} durham_exile......0/7......7pts
With Gsy picking up 3 outcomes this week, it was a real nail-biter at the top, but Thrillseeker claimed first place after getting his Man U result spot-on, to finish on equal on 12pts, but top with 2 spot-ons. Durham did well with another 3 outcomes of his own this week, but the absence of spot-ons cost him.

Group D
1} RSCOSWORTH......2/5......11pts
2} Gate16.................2/4......10pts

3} gerry_us...............0/7......7pts
RS finished top, thanks to the Roma result spot-on and 2 other outcomes, but pressed hard by Gate with his own Besiktas result spot-on and another outcome. Commiserations to Gerry, who did well with 3 outcomes this week, but not enough to move into the top two qualifying slots.

So, with Winner A, Runner-Up B, Winner C, Runner-up D forming Group 1, and Runner-up A, Winner B, Runner-up C and Winner D forming Group 2 of the Quarter-finals, the groups are as follows:

Group 1
TheHappyGooner
mfb_cufc
thrillseeker
Gate16

Group 2
BFG
concordman
gsy163
RSCOSWORTH

Congratulations to the qualifiers, and commiserations to those that leave the competition at this stage. The quarter-final draw is this Friday - more news to follow after that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 1169 viewsBFG

Hi

No worries pls use these

TUESDAY 10TH APRIL
Manchester City v Liverpool 1-2
Roma v Barcelona 1-1

WEDNESDAY 11TH APRIL
Bayern Munich v Sevilla 3-0
Real Madrid v Juventus 2-1
U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 18:50 - Apr 6 with 1130 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 19:48 - Apr 5 by BFG

Hi

No worries pls use these

TUESDAY 10TH APRIL
Manchester City v Liverpool 1-2
Roma v Barcelona 1-1

WEDNESDAY 11TH APRIL
Bayern Munich v Sevilla 3-0
Real Madrid v Juventus 2-1

Cheers BFG, you've fixed the previous prediction matches okay. However, in also changing your original 2-0 prediction to Real Madrid 2 v 1 Juventus, this now also matches Concord's prediction - in the circumstances, I'll register your original 2-0 prediction, unless you tell me otherwise.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 18:17 - Apr 8 with 1113 viewsmfb_cufc

TUESDAY 10TH APRIL
Manchester City 3 Liverpool 1
Roma 0 Barcelona 1

WEDNESDAY 11TH APRIL
Bayern Munich 2 Sevilla 0
Real Madrid 1 Juventus 0

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 17:47 - Apr 10 with 1085 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Quarter Finals

TUESDAY 10TH APRIL
Manchester City v Liverpool 3-1
Roma v Barcelona 1-2
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 17:58]

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 17:49 - Apr 10 with 1084 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 17:47 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Quarter Finals

TUESDAY 10TH APRIL
Manchester City v Liverpool 3-1
Roma v Barcelona 1-2
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 17:58]

Can I have these Wessex? Sorry I'm totally confused as to who I can and can't match with now.

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 1076 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 17:49 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Can I have these Wessex? Sorry I'm totally confused as to who I can and can't match with now.

Just edited. I think I'm ok now. Got one match with everyone else in my group.

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 20:20 - Apr 10 with 1062 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 17:59 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Just edited. I think I'm ok now. Got one match with everyone else in my group.

Apologies for the late response RS, I've only just got in - your are indeed correct, you now have all of your permitted exact matches, and tonight's predictions are good to go.

For your information, as the last to predict tomorrows matches, you can't have the following:
Bayern Munich v Sevilla - 3-0, 2-0 or 1-0
Real Madrid v Juventus - 2-0, 2-1 or 3-0

I think I'm going to have to find some simple way of indicating exact matches next time around, it's confusing enough for me, and I've got a spreadsheet.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 19:07 - Apr 11 with 1038 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 20:20 - Apr 10 by wessex_exile

Apologies for the late response RS, I've only just got in - your are indeed correct, you now have all of your permitted exact matches, and tonight's predictions are good to go.

For your information, as the last to predict tomorrows matches, you can't have the following:
Bayern Munich v Sevilla - 3-0, 2-0 or 1-0
Real Madrid v Juventus - 2-0, 2-1 or 3-0

I think I'm going to have to find some simple way of indicating exact matches next time around, it's confusing enough for me, and I've got a spreadsheet.

No worries Wessex. I got there in the end.

Thanks for the update, certainly narrows down my predictions somewhat.

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 19:10 - Apr 11 with 1036 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Quarter Finals

WEDNESDAY 11TH APRIL
Bayern Munich v Sevilla 3-1
Real Madrid v Juventus 3-1

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 23:43 - Apr 11 with 1019 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 19:10 - Apr 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Quarter Finals

WEDNESDAY 11TH APRIL
Bayern Munich v Sevilla 3-1
Real Madrid v Juventus 3-1

Okay, it's been a long night for family reasons, and with absolutely no points for anyone tonight, here's a quick update:

Group 1
1} mfb_cufc....................1/3......6pts
2} thrillseeker..................1/2......5pts
=3} Gate16......................0/2......2pts
=3} TheHappyGooner......0/2......2pts
Congratulations to MFB (top scorer in the quarter-finals) and Thrillseeker for qualifying for the semi-finals, both courtesy of a spot-on prediction for the Sevilla 1v2 Bayern Munich 1st leg result. Commiserations to Gate and THG, who needed to score for the second legs to be in with a chance - something no one in the group managed.

Group 2
1} BFG........................1/2......5pts
=2} concordman.........0/3......3pts
=2} RSCOSWORTH......0/3......3pts
4} gsy163....................0/2......2pts
Congratulations BFG for topping the group, particularly as he was the only competitor to score any points in the 2nd legs, and how with the Man City 1v2 Liverpool result spot-on. Commiserations to Guerno, who couldn't improve on his two 1st leg outcomes, and thus fails to qualify for the semi-finals. However, with three 1st leg outcomes apiece, Concord and RS go into a tie-break for the right to join MFB, TS and BFG in the semi-finals.

As you know, the tie-break question is predicting the next U's attendance, which is this Saturday at home to play-off rivals Notts County. Closest to the correct attendance (above or below) will take the final spot in the semi-finals, so please PM me your predictions at your leisure. I will publish them both when received, and in the highly unlikely event you predict the exact same attendance, I will ask the last to predict to choose again. In the equally unlikely event you predict different attendances, but the difference is the same, first to predict will take it.

Well done qualifiers, and good luck Concord and RS in the tie-break!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 15:38 - Apr 12 with 999 viewsconcordman

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 23:43 - Apr 11 by wessex_exile

Okay, it's been a long night for family reasons, and with absolutely no points for anyone tonight, here's a quick update:

Group 1
1} mfb_cufc....................1/3......6pts
2} thrillseeker..................1/2......5pts
=3} Gate16......................0/2......2pts
=3} TheHappyGooner......0/2......2pts
Congratulations to MFB (top scorer in the quarter-finals) and Thrillseeker for qualifying for the semi-finals, both courtesy of a spot-on prediction for the Sevilla 1v2 Bayern Munich 1st leg result. Commiserations to Gate and THG, who needed to score for the second legs to be in with a chance - something no one in the group managed.

Group 2
1} BFG........................1/2......5pts
=2} concordman.........0/3......3pts
=2} RSCOSWORTH......0/3......3pts
4} gsy163....................0/2......2pts
Congratulations BFG for topping the group, particularly as he was the only competitor to score any points in the 2nd legs, and how with the Man City 1v2 Liverpool result spot-on. Commiserations to Guerno, who couldn't improve on his two 1st leg outcomes, and thus fails to qualify for the semi-finals. However, with three 1st leg outcomes apiece, Concord and RS go into a tie-break for the right to join MFB, TS and BFG in the semi-finals.

As you know, the tie-break question is predicting the next U's attendance, which is this Saturday at home to play-off rivals Notts County. Closest to the correct attendance (above or below) will take the final spot in the semi-finals, so please PM me your predictions at your leisure. I will publish them both when received, and in the highly unlikely event you predict the exact same attendance, I will ask the last to predict to choose again. In the equally unlikely event you predict different attendances, but the difference is the same, first to predict will take it.

Well done qualifiers, and good luck Concord and RS in the tie-break!

Wessex - I believe I have sent you my attendance prediction. Could be wrong as I am not familiar with the PM format.
U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 16:10 - Apr 12 with 993 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 15:38 - Apr 12 by concordman

Wessex - I believe I have sent you my attendance prediction. Could be wrong as I am not familiar with the PM format.

Safely received :-)

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 18:37 - Apr 12 with 987 viewsconcordman

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 16:10 - Apr 12 by wessex_exile

Safely received :-)

Wonderful, I am not us dumb as I look!
U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 23:05 - Apr 12 with 977 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 18:37 - Apr 12 by concordman

Wonderful, I am not us dumb as I look!

Yeah but 78,000 was a bit hopeful wasn't it?
U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 960 viewsconcordman

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 23:05 - Apr 12 by gerry_us

Yeah but 78,000 was a bit hopeful wasn't it?

I understand there has been a massive groundswell for tickets. Durham’s optimism has permeated throughout the town. Confident 78,000 will be there cheering the U’s on and wondering why they haven’t been there all season.
U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 10:44 - Apr 14 with 948 viewsRSCOSWORTH

3,350 for me. Best of luck Concordman.

U'sual Champions League - Quarter-finals on 20:53 - Apr 14 with 937 viewswessex_exile

Two very close predictions, with Concord going for 3,241 and RS with 3,350 (just 109 apart). A decent turn out from Notts County swelled the actual attendance to 3,599, meaning RS takes the tie-break with a variance of 249 to Concord's 358.

Commiserations to Concord, and congratulations to RS, who joins MFB, TS and BFG in the semi-final.

As scant consolation, I afford losing tie-breaker Concordman the privilege of fashioning a make-shift draw at home, and invite him to report back who will play whom in the UCL semi-final for 2018.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024