Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston 17:22 - Mar 16 with 1141 viewsdurham_exile

JM and his charges begin a make or break week tomorrow against Darren Way’s Yeovil Town at the Weston Homes. Closely followed by Away trips to Morecambe and Stevenage Borough.

Frankly after some recent shocking and totally indifferent performances, these are games that are now must wins if the 7th place is to be attainable this season.

The midweek games proved interesting with draws for Luton at Coventry and our next opponents Yeovil at Exeter. This once again shows that there are no easy games in this league.

Having said all of this, the U’s are well overdue a decent victory. Because the 5-1 mauling of Forest Green Rovers seems an absolute age ago. Something like a 4-0 home win tomorrow would do wonders for morale, the team generally, goal difference and will keep the disgruntled faithful considerably happier than of late.

Current table:

Accrington 36 71 + 22
Luton 37 70 + 39
Notts Co 37 65 +21
Wycombe 36 63 + 16
Mansfield 36 62 +18
Exeter 35 60 +7
Coventry 36 58 +11
Lincoln 36 57 +11
Swindon 36 57 +1
Carlisle 37 55 +7
Newport 36 52 Zero
Crawley 36 52 -2
COLCHESTER 36 51 +4
Cambridge 37 50 -10

There are essentially 8 teams fighting for that last Play-off spot. I reckon that it will come down to a straight battle between Coventry and ourselves if we consider that the top six will take some displacing, but only if we can secure 9 points from the next three games.

Ten Cup Finals:

Yeovil H
Morecambe A
Stevenage A
Luton H
Forest Green A
Accrington H
Notts Co H
Lincoln A
Swindon H
Exeter A

Now JM reckons the season is not over, so it is up to him to select a side capable of securing those vital points. Remember 23 more points are still needed to sneak into that halcyon zone thus extending the season beyond the Exeter game.

I was intrigued to read “Rooney called up for Saturday” and then realised that Paul Rooney who has been playing well for the U23 was in the squad for the Yeovil game.

I would like to see JM go on the attack from the outset and look to win the game in the first half. Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley are both doubtful and so I would like to see the following formation and starting XI.

Walker

Eastman Prosser Kent

Vincent-Young Murray Stevenson Dickenson

Szmodics

Mandron Guthrie

Subs:
Gilmartin Lapslie Senior Shodipo Inniss Rooney Ogedi-Uzokwe

Light Snow is forecast for Colchester and a high of 4 degrees Celsius and so the team that really, really wants the victory tomorrow will prevail.

I am not expecting a buoyant crowd numbers wise tomorrow, but let us hope that the U’s can give them something to shout about in order to lift the mood and spirits generally.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 19:57 - Mar 16 with 1118 viewsgerry_us

I was thinking we would treat them with kid gloves then thinking about last Saturday it is probably more like soft furry ones.
One goal in Fergie time will do me, then we wont spend most of the game defending, which we patently are unable to do. Worst case scenario....an early goal
Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 11:32 - Mar 17 with 1063 viewsdurham_exile

Although some snow has fallen in the Colchester area, the covers have been on the pitch.

Match on - safe journey

A big three points needed

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 14:26 - Mar 17 with 1042 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 11:32 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

Although some snow has fallen in the Colchester area, the covers have been on the pitch.

Match on - safe journey

A big three points needed

Up the U's

Team
Walker
Eastman Kent Prosser
Vincent-young Lapslie Comley Wright
Szmodics
Mandeville Guthrie

Subs
Barnes Rooney Stevenson Murray Shodipo Senior Mandron

Pleased to see Comley fit but why is Wright playing and where is Dickenson

Up the U's

And blue lines today
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:40]

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:33 - Mar 17 with 1032 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 14:26 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

Team
Walker
Eastman Kent Prosser
Vincent-young Lapslie Comley Wright
Szmodics
Mandeville Guthrie

Subs
Barnes Rooney Stevenson Murray Shodipo Senior Mandron

Pleased to see Comley fit but why is Wright playing and where is Dickenson

Up the U's

And blue lines today
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:40]

So a penalty miss by Szmodics

then we concede 0-1 lots to do

Frankly anything less than 3 points and its all over.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:35 - Mar 17 with 1029 viewsgerry_us

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:33 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

So a penalty miss by Szmodics

then we concede 0-1 lots to do

Frankly anything less than 3 points and its all over.

Up the U's

Bet you are praying for a power cut!
Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:46 - Mar 17 with 1024 viewsMoor_Pinot

More changes on the teamsheet today. Every week a different group.
At this stage of the season that hints at desperation.
Szmodics should not have been dropped just because there was interest from AFCB. He has not scored since, nor is he on his game. Junior was dropped after he had scored - just baffles me. Very strange goings on.
This message board has cited Loft as possibly our most intelligent and able player, as was Slater last season. Is Loft injured again? Slater was allowed to go.
I could go on as I find it all really difficult to understand. The decline since 2008 is almost the most consistent thing about the U's nowadays. We are 13th I think and likely to finish below that. Where will we descend to next season I wonder?
Many posters on here state that our current crop are not at all bad yet we are where we are. Doesn't add up to me!

Moor Pinot

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:51 - Mar 17 with 1022 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:35 - Mar 17 by gerry_us

Bet you are praying for a power cut!

Gerry 45 mins to save our season.

Hopefully no power cut today because it is minus 3 and snowing a blizzard in Durham

Anything but three points and we are sunk.

Shocking despite having the lions share of attacks, shots and possession.

Szmodics missed penalty sums up his form and the clubs

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:53 - Mar 17 with 1022 viewsgerry_us

At least we won't be defending in the second half, will we?
Login to get fewer ads

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:10 - Mar 17 with 1013 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:46 - Mar 17 by Moor_Pinot

More changes on the teamsheet today. Every week a different group.
At this stage of the season that hints at desperation.
Szmodics should not have been dropped just because there was interest from AFCB. He has not scored since, nor is he on his game. Junior was dropped after he had scored - just baffles me. Very strange goings on.
This message board has cited Loft as possibly our most intelligent and able player, as was Slater last season. Is Loft injured again? Slater was allowed to go.
I could go on as I find it all really difficult to understand. The decline since 2008 is almost the most consistent thing about the U's nowadays. We are 13th I think and likely to finish below that. Where will we descend to next season I wonder?
Many posters on here state that our current crop are not at all bad yet we are where we are. Doesn't add up to me!

Pinault the beast from the East has descended on the Weston Homes again, and I don't mean Mick McCarthy.

That win against Coventry seems such a long time ago. The wheels have well and truly fallen off since that great victory.

Junior played won a penalty and scored it since then he played at Crewe on his own up front never got a kick and now doesn't even get on the bench.

Stevenson was excellent when he first came to the club (watch out for him in the Premier league next year for Wolves) but again JM has dropped him.

Why does Wright play, he is slow, cannot beat any players and his finishing is shocking.

Mandeville is not the answer, he hasn't scored and doesn't seem to know where the goal is.

JM has Senior and Mandron on the bench today both need to play second half.

45 minutes to save the season.

Frankly we are advancing backwards, we are safe from relegation otherwise there is nothing to get excited about.

Poor, very poor.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:26 - Mar 17 with 1007 viewsdurham_exile

Mandron on but Guthrie off

Guthrie since coming back to play has been awful

Up the U's

Come on do we want this or not?

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:28 - Mar 17 with 1006 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:26 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

Mandron on but Guthrie off

Guthrie since coming back to play has been awful

Up the U's

Come on do we want this or not?

Now 22 mins to save the season

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:33 - Mar 17 with 1005 viewsdurham_exile

Shodipo on for Mandeville

All cards now played

Very depressing this season is petering out with a whimper

Up the U's

Frankly JM must go this is awful fare

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:41 - Mar 17 with 1004 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:33 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

Shodipo on for Mandeville

All cards now played

Very depressing this season is petering out with a whimper

Up the U's

Frankly JM must go this is awful fare

10 minutes left Colchester staring into the abyss

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:46 - Mar 17 with 1001 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:41 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

10 minutes left Colchester staring into the abyss

Up the U's

5 mins to play

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:51 - Mar 17 with 998 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:46 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

5 mins to play

4 added mins

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 995 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:51 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

4 added mins

JM must go and fast

Simply not good enough

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:56 - Mar 17 with 994 viewsdurham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:55 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

JM must go and fast

Simply not good enough

2,772 says it all

Durham_exile

Glovers to be leathered by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 09:55 - Mar 18 with 875 viewsbwildered

In fairness Yeovil keeper Nelson pulled off three excellent saves in the second half, but the tone was set with the early penalty miss . But playing Comley and Lapsie , the wing backs must deliver quality ball into the box . Could have taken any of the forwards off, where to much possession was lost to regularly in the final third throughout the ninety .

Yes I am going to say it - becoming the Ipswich Town of D2 .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024