Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guthrie 18:03 - Mar 22 with 1595 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/kurtis-guthrie-could-have-played-his-last-game-for-c

No loss

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Guthrie on 18:23 - Mar 22 with 1587 viewsdurham_exile

Leadbelly - the annoying thing is that he is a decent player, but has fallen out with the club and JM.

With little attacking intent at present because JM wont play Junior, we actually need Guthrie. Unfortunately he will leave at the end of the season and will score 20 goals next season for a League One team.

Another player mishandled by the club.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Guthrie on 22:11 - Mar 22 with 1570 viewsLeadbelly

Guthrie on 18:23 - Mar 22 by durham_exile

Leadbelly - the annoying thing is that he is a decent player, but has fallen out with the club and JM.

With little attacking intent at present because JM wont play Junior, we actually need Guthrie. Unfortunately he will leave at the end of the season and will score 20 goals next season for a League One team.

Up the U's

I'm afraid I disagree.

Talented he may be but decent players don't spit out their dummy when they don't get their own way. Guthrie has some previous in this respect.

There is a reason he bumped around the lower leagues before joining us. The rumour is he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Another rumour is Lincoln City made enquiries in January but didn't pursue them after Cowley spoke to Szmodics who he knows from his loan at Braintree. May be no truth in any of that but I suggest we wouldn't keep hearing the same sort of stories if there wasn't.

He has also been far less of a threat since his return than he was last season. Maybe due to injury, maybe form, maybe attitude.

McGreal, Humes et al may have mishandled Guthrie but I'm afraid he strikes me as someone for whom all adversity is due to the actions of others and never himself. I suspect the truth is otherwise and I won't miss him when he leaves.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Guthrie on 22:34 - Mar 22 with 1564 viewswessex_exile

Guthrie on 22:11 - Mar 22 by Leadbelly

I'm afraid I disagree.

Talented he may be but decent players don't spit out their dummy when they don't get their own way. Guthrie has some previous in this respect.

There is a reason he bumped around the lower leagues before joining us. The rumour is he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Another rumour is Lincoln City made enquiries in January but didn't pursue them after Cowley spoke to Szmodics who he knows from his loan at Braintree. May be no truth in any of that but I suggest we wouldn't keep hearing the same sort of stories if there wasn't.

He has also been far less of a threat since his return than he was last season. Maybe due to injury, maybe form, maybe attitude.

McGreal, Humes et al may have mishandled Guthrie but I'm afraid he strikes me as someone for whom all adversity is due to the actions of others and never himself. I suspect the truth is otherwise and I won't miss him when he leaves.

Much as I would love to see Guthrie deliver on his potential, I have to agree with Whales. Clearly a talented player when he wants to be, but a luxury in that regard for the U's. He may very well score 20+ goals next season, but I'll wager it'll be in the conference or lower...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Guthrie on 16:39 - Mar 23 with 1510 viewsHungryStudent

Guthrie on 18:23 - Mar 22 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Sorry Durham,

Disagree here. Guthrie is a talented player, passionate and emotional but he lets things get to him, has a stinking attitude and thinks he's better than the team, he causes disruption within the squad. I have heard exactly the same rumours as those above plus the rumours of what was said after the Yeovil game.

I'm pleasantly surprised McGreal has put his foot down here and I highly doubt we will see Guthrie again. Someone will take a punt on him but don't expect too much, his own character is his biggest hindrance and until he learns that he won't fulfil his footballing potential.
Guthrie on 17:16 - Mar 23 with 1504 viewsbwildered

Frustrated by the inexperience of the manager, the problem is he has got less of it himself. Agree with all , including JMc actions .
Plenty of strikers looking for clubs come preseason .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Guthrie on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 1504 viewsdurham_exile

Guthrie on 16:39 - Mar 23 by HungryStudent

Sorry Durham,

Disagree here. Guthrie is a talented player, passionate and emotional but he lets things get to him, has a stinking attitude and thinks he's better than the team, he causes disruption within the squad. I have heard exactly the same rumours as those above plus the rumours of what was said after the Yeovil game.

I'm pleasantly surprised McGreal has put his foot down here and I highly doubt we will see Guthrie again. Someone will take a punt on him but don't expect too much, his own character is his biggest hindrance and until he learns that he won't fulfil his footballing potential.

Guys, I hear what you are all saying and that is the advantage of this site, it allows the opportunity for free speech.

It is a great shame that Guthrie was injured last season, because he would have gone on to be top scorer that season and probably this. Unfortunately he has never been at the races since his return and this has culminated in the now public falling out with JM.

It is a pity because he singlehandedly kick-started last season's (almost) promotion push after the famous rant after the Yeovil game.

I stand by my assertion that he has ability and that we do need him but fully understand the opposite views. The problem is we currently have a dearth of goals and this has arrived at the worst possible time.

His goals and those of Porters have not been replaced this season and although Szmodics flattered to deceive, his head was turned by the paper talk about £1m moves to Bournemouth. The Cherries dodged a bullet there. Szmodics was awful against Morecambe and although he will play against Stevenage he is lacking in confidence and frankly ability at the moment.

Hopefully Junior and Senior will play with Stevenson returned to midfield.

Anyway the irony is that we can still achieve the points total starting with a team that we normally do rather well against. Incredible and unlikely but true!!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Guthrie on 20:34 - Mar 27 with 1398 viewsDaniel

Rumours going round this evening that Guthrie has already left the club. Possibly something has been said at the Season Ticket Holder Forum.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Guthrie on 21:08 - Mar 27 with 1379 viewsbwildered

Settlement agreement to leave to club , future elsewhere .

Login to get fewer ads

Guthrie on 22:36 - Mar 27 with 1350 viewsdurham_exile

Guthrie on 21:08 - Mar 27 by bwildered

Settlement agreement to leave to club , future elsewhere .

I'm sorry but this whole Guthrie business been spectacularly mishandled.

I'm not condoning his behaviour for storming off down the tunnel when substituted, but it seems that the club were happy to let him go. The supporters must be told exactly what has gone on and why.

We cannot afford to simply dispense with his services because he has fallen out with the manager.

Just as Macca Bonne was poorly treated by the club so has Kurtis Guthrie.

The whole subject is a disgrace.

We want answers, we want the truth, You can't handle the truth!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Guthrie on 06:06 - Mar 28 with 1329 viewsbwildered

Q - Chairman was asked if he was a bad disruption in the club ,
A - Since Yeovil game, draw your own conclusion, but has not played for the club since .
Chairman said later that we want people who do .

Guthrie on 10:04 - Mar 28 with 1309 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Guthrie on 22:36 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

I'm sorry but this whole Guthrie business been spectacularly mishandled.

I'm not condoning his behaviour for storming off down the tunnel when substituted, but it seems that the club were happy to let him go. The supporters must be told exactly what has gone on and why.

We cannot afford to simply dispense with his services because he has fallen out with the manager.

Just as Macca Bonne was poorly treated by the club so has Kurtis Guthrie.

The whole subject is a disgrace.

We want answers, we want the truth, You can't handle the truth!!!!!

Up the U's

We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and you could argue that we have no right to. We just have to trust that the management at the club make the right decisions. I've always been of the opinion that if a player doesn't want to play for the club and his team mates then it's probably best for both parties if he leaves regardless of how talented a footballer he is.

Going back to the Bonne situation, if you believe what you read, he was offered a contract but wanted to be a regular starter, McGreal couldn't guarantee him that and so he decided to leave. He's having a great season for Orient in the National League so it was probably the right decision for him and I still feel at the time it was the right decision for the club too as I wouldn't have started him regularly and I'm sure a lot of the people on here would be in agreement with me.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Guthrie on 12:59 - Mar 30 with 1221 viewsburnsieespana

I hope if Orient sell Bonne we have a "sell on" clause as somehow don't see him staying with a pretty poor team.
As regards Gutherie a big disappointment but the writing has been on the wall since the start of the season, as believe we offered him a new contract which he has not signed, was, I understand somewhat abusive to some fans pre season and also very critical of the club and the way his injury was handled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024