Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing Petition 08:44 - Apr 14 with 2882 viewsDaniel

Saw this on the Football Supporters Federation newsletter this week and thought it share...

"Fans hit out at Gov't on standing
Sports Minister rejects proposals for safe standing pilot at Hawthorns
This week West Bromwich Albion had their application to install more than 3,000 rail seats in the Smethwick End of the Hawthorns rejected by the Sports Minister Tracey Crouch. Compounding the disappointment of the decision, Crouch told PA that she wanted to see current regulations, prohibiting persistent standing, more strictly enforced and labelled those campaigning for change to the legislation a "vocal minority". The minister's comments caused a backlash from supporters and industry figures, which resulted in a safe standing petition becoming the fastest growing on the Government's official petition page this week - passing 43,000 signatures at the time of writing."

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040
Safe Standing Petition on 12:55 - Apr 17 with 2851 viewsburnsieespana

Thank you for sharing this Daniel.
Have signed because I believe with modern technology we should be able to have limited standing for those fans wanting it. It would, for sure add to the atmosphere at a lot of grounds.
Safe Standing Petition on 15:00 - Apr 17 with 2847 viewsLeadbelly

I signed on Saturday. Now up to 58,848 signatures.

Will the authorities now allow real change to give people choice? I doubt it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Safe Standing Petition on 20:55 - Apr 17 with 2835 viewswessex_exile

Safe Standing Petition on 15:00 - Apr 17 by Leadbelly

I signed on Saturday. Now up to 58,848 signatures.

Will the authorities now allow real change to give people choice? I doubt it.

Signed, and now well over 60k. Sadly, I fear you're right Leadbelly.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Safe Standing Petition on 12:35 - Apr 18 with 2810 viewsnoah4x4

After safe standing at Forest Green and Accrington Stanley I won't be signing.

The higher priority should be that ALL grounds in the Football League should provide covered seating for away fans especially if charging routine away prices.
Safe Standing Petition on 19:44 - Apr 18 with 2791 viewswessex_exile

Safe Standing Petition on 12:35 - Apr 18 by noah4x4

After safe standing at Forest Green and Accrington Stanley I won't be signing.

The higher priority should be that ALL grounds in the Football League should provide covered seating for away fans especially if charging routine away prices.

If Forest Green ever drew Manchester United in the FA Cup, I'd argue their open terrace with only one crush barrier quite near the front would be considered anything but safe standing. I completely agree that at the very least all clubs should provided both covered areas and seats for those who prefer, but the petition is not for an either/or situation, it's about finding a happy medium so that supporters actually have a choice.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Safe Standing Petition on 09:12 - May 2 with 2717 viewsburnsieespana

Going to be debated by Parliament on the 25th of June.
Safe Standing Petition on 12:14 - May 2 with 2704 viewsDaniel

Also the Football League are stepping up their involvement and currently have a quick survey running on whether fans want the choice, with the results being presented to government. Link below, survey ends on 10th May.

http://www.efl.com/standing
Safe Standing Petition on 15:53 - May 2 with 2694 viewsburnsieespana

Survey completed.
Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing Petition on 07:32 - Jun 16 with 2579 viewsDaniel

As a result of the petition, the government has now changed its position, saying now is the time to review its policy.

The full response is available at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040
Safe Standing Petition on 09:01 - Jun 16 with 2573 viewsburnsieespana

Good stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024