Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow 22:01 - Apr 27 with 1065 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his charges into the penultimate game of the season and final home match against Swindon Town managed by Phil (Orange) Brown.

Now it has all been said and done. We failed to reach the play offs, we failed to score enough goals and we lost too many games to inferior opposition.

Last week we contrived to lose a last-minute goal against the Imps in a match that we deserved to win and that in a nutshell is the reason that we have underachieved this season.

JM knows that neither his team nor Swindon have anything to play for and so will experiment with a couple of changes to the starting line-up. However next week at St James’s Park Exeter City may have the chance to be promoted automatically (and are definitely in the play offs) so a strong team must be the order of the day for that one.

Team:

Walker

Jackson Eastman Prosser Vincent-Young

Gondoh Comley Stevenson Senior

Ogedi-Uzokwe Issa

Subs:

Barnes Kent Loft Szmodics Lapslie Mandron Shodipo

After three wins which rekindled hope, we have lost the last three games. It is vital therefore that the U’s can pick up some much-needed points.

Current position 11th

Home 22 9 6 7 30 23 33 points
Away 22 7 7 8 23 28 28 points

Weather tomorrow at the WHCS will be 11 degrees Celsius and cloudy.

Renaming of the stadium will take place over the summer.

Another year of League Two Football next season with Bury Milton Keynes Northampton and Oldham likely to be joining us from league one. Macclesfield Town promoted from the National League, other places still to be determined. It looks like being a very weak division next season.

Even more reasons for getting out of this shocking league.

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 22:05 - Apr 27 with 1058 viewsgerry_us

Have you inside information that JMcG will actually start with Junior? I'll give him five minutes or less.
After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 1052 viewsnoah4x4

The U 15s play immediately after the first XI game. Does anybody know if the Bruff Close shuttle buses will still be running after that game? I doubt it?

Shame, as these kids are good!

I do hope Durham is right and McGreal risks pairing Junior and Gondoh. They were brilliant together at Maldon & Tiptree and briefly for the U23's. Junior is a natural goalscorer but he needs service that he won't ever get from Drey Wright or Jackson. Junior and Ryan Gondoh have a clear understanding. I also would leave Stephenson on the bench as he won't be here next season, but give him a ten minute cameo for the fans to applaud him. Young Paul Rooney also deserves a seat on the bench and twenty minutes.
After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 1018 viewsbwildered

Has next weeks away fixture could be signicant, experiment and pride only to play for.
A fixture for debutants likely .Gondoh surely to start, got pace and skill, just needs to bulk up .
No point playing Prosser, Eastman, Stevenson and Walker.
Last time for Weston Homes to emblazon their name on the famous blue and white stripes, we thank them for there support.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 11:41 - Apr 28 with 1001 viewswessex_exile

I'll play devils advocate here - although a disappointing end to the season (relatively speaking, rather this than Chesterfield), I believe for the last game of the season at home, JMcG should be playing his first choice selection out of respect for the long-suffering U's faithful, not an experimental scratch XI.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 11:57 - Apr 28 with 995 viewsFruitbat

After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 11:41 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

I'll play devils advocate here - although a disappointing end to the season (relatively speaking, rather this than Chesterfield), I believe for the last game of the season at home, JMcG should be playing his first choice selection out of respect for the long-suffering U's faithful, not an experimental scratch XI.

Given that the 'First XI' has managed to win a magnificent 9 out of 22 so far at home, I'll happily settle for a bit of experimentation today.
After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 12:11 - Apr 28 with 988 viewswessex_exile

After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 11:57 - Apr 28 by Fruitbat

Given that the 'First XI' has managed to win a magnificent 9 out of 22 so far at home, I'll happily settle for a bit of experimentation today.

Fair point :-(

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 17:58 - Apr 28 with 959 viewsgerry_us

Well, we obviously threw caution to the wind today.
A 0-0 bore draw is not what was required for the final home game of the season. Commiseration to all those that attended, good gate considering our recent exploits.
A message to Mr McGreal in the words of the Moody Blues.

"We've already said "goodbye"
Since you gotta go, oh you'd better
Go now, go now, go now (go now, ooh)
Before you see me cry?"
After ten years no more WHCS sponsorship - Swindon in Town tomorrow on 18:29 - Apr 28 with 947 viewsLeadbelly

As an advertisement for renewing season tickets today's game left a great deal to be desired. Lots of the ball but absolutely no threat of scoring, like for like substitutions, that made no difference and zero atmosphere.

Whatever the chairman's master plan may be I'm afraid I can't see how anything produced this season would persuade people to attend next season. Sad to say that those not renewing season tickets will include me. Even sadder to say that everyone I go with is of like mind.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024