Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket announcement 17:58 - May 23 with 1068 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2018/may/season-tickets-launched-for-201819/

I'd decided not to renew anyway but I wonder what effect the increase in price will have on season ticket sales.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Season ticket announcement on 18:41 - May 23 with 1058 viewsFruitbat

I have an idea - I'll pay last years price and they can keep the "free" programme that I don't want. Is it worth running it by them?
Season ticket announcement on 21:05 - May 23 with 1042 viewsmfb_cufc

Another Cowling own goal. Have any fans been consulted on this? I doubt it.

mfb

Season ticket announcement on 16:26 - May 24 with 1005 viewsbwildered

What has happened to the Dropbox programme ? Is this not available has a option to the hard copy ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Season ticket announcement on 17:20 - May 24 with 1001 viewsnoah4x4

Clever economic move by Cowling......

The production cost of 500 or 5,000 programmes will be similar. The only difference is the trivial cost of extra paper. My guess is with prevailing sales of (say) 500 the club loses money. Simply compare the typical price of £3 with the cost of any retail magazine. Most clubs in Division One/Two probably lose considerable money.

The EFL is currently debating a rule that programmes MUST be produced. My guess is that the U's and many other clubs would pull the plug on production if it could. However, to appease the few, that still collect programmes,, the EFL will probable favour continuance. So WHCS faces a dilemma.

Selling 500 programmes at £3 generates £1,500 revenue. But an extra £1 on 3,000 tickets generates £3,000. So now the cost of programmes is covered even if gates are lower than last season's average.

Frankly, I suspect stopping programme production would have caused more negative comment from die hard fans than this. So it is perhaps the lesser of two evils in a no win situation. Sadly, my free programme will end up in a recycle bin before leaving the ground and I find that a shameful waste of trees. But convincing the collectors that on-line production only is the eco-friendly way forward won't happen this year....but maybe next.....?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024