Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compulsory programmes at WHCS...No buses... 07:46 - Jun 9 with 910 viewsnoah4x4

An extra £23 has been added to ST's and £1 to tickets to give all a "free" programme. Why didn't the clowns that run the club not wait until the EFL actually voted instead of upsetting fans? Programmes are now only compulsory at WHCS!

The shuttle bus decision is creating mass discontent. The solution was patently obvious. Ensure First Bus was taking account of those that had already paid (bus passes, Colchester Rovers etc.) and charge those that didn't pay (those that use the buses only on the home leg). Then there would have been no deficit. Instead, fans are now saying they won't renew STs as they won't be attending any evening games (only #65 bus option) and the discount isn't suffice if you miss too many.

I despair; who is progressively ruining our match day experience? Is it Cowling (the decisions) or Waddington (surely he produces the numbers that Cowling uses to make decisions?).

Compulsory programmes at WHCS...No buses... on 18:41 - Jun 10 with 846 viewsLeadbelly

We have been at the Community Stadium for ten years and the lease agreed with the council now switches from a set rental to one base on a percentage of gate receipts which, based on recent seasons, will be significantly lower.

I wonder whether the change to financial obligations has prompted a review of other/all facets of the club's operation. The shuttle bus service was an essential part of the travel plan agreed to allow the stadium development but perhaps that also had a ten year life span. The great shame for me and so many others who travel into Colchester by train and all those who have relied on the service have now lost it and it seems the biggest reason for this is that nobody has bothered to actually manage it and make sure the bus operator actually did what they should have done. There has been much wringing of hands about why it was never possible to buy a ticket for travel after the game if one had made other arrangements for pre match travel. Bigger question for me would be why whole bus loads of fans were waved on to buses free of charge at Bruff Close! And this has happened on more than one occasion!! Managed properly such nonsense would never have happened.

No doubt not subsidising the shuttle bus service will show a saving in the accounts for next season but I suspect it will cost the club much more in the long run. I know a couple of people who not only won't be renewing season tickets but won't now be attending games at all.

Scrapping the shuttle buses, quite possibly at the first opportunity if the ten year anniversary is relevant, rather than ensuring that a service that should have covered it's cost easily if managed properly just feels to me like a great big "F**k you!" from Mr Cowling.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Compulsory programmes at WHCS...No buses... on 21:08 - Jun 19 with 752 viewsLeadbelly

Shuttle buses running when Little Mix come to town!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Compulsory programmes at WHCS...No buses... on 22:12 - Jun 19 with 743 viewsgerry_us

Compulsory programmes at WHCS...No buses... on 21:08 - Jun 19 by Leadbelly

Shuttle buses running when Little Mix come to town!

We probably would struggle to beat them as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024