Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weston Homes and the County Champions 19:36 - Jun 27 with 783 viewsbwildered

Essex-based leading housebuilder Weston Homes has signed a five-year Platinum Sponsor partnership with Essex Cricket, joining in the highest sponsorship category possible as a reflection of their commitment to the first-class county club.

The partnership will see Weston Homes sponsor the public seating stand, and have one of the largest presences in terms of branding throughout The Cloudfm County Ground.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Weston Homes and the County Champions on 21:18 - Jun 27 with 766 viewsLeadbelly

They've also sponsored a stand at Peterborough so clearly have money to spend. I wonder what they would have paid to continue sponsoring the Us ground? I wonder if that discussion was ever had?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Weston Homes and the County Champions on 05:54 - Jun 28 with 735 viewsnoah4x4

It was evidently not enough.

When Head of Marketing of a FTSE250 company before my retirement I was significantly involved in sports sponsorship. IMHO what Weston Homes originally paid for title sponsorship of WHCS was an utter bargain and the company had a good ride for ten years for comparatively trivial cash. Every time a match report was published on (say) the BBC website or newspaper it usually mentioned "venue; Weston Homes Community Stadium". The fact that attendances are modest is irrelevant compared to the 'Media Value and far wider readership from that.

My guess is that what RC justifiably wanted for renewal was beyond what they were prepared to pay. So until the "right " TEN Year deal comes along, RC has taken it on himself. If we get promoted, then external corporate interest might rise. But there isn't any wisdom in giving away this valuable brand asset locked in over a long duration for merely the equivalent of (say) £100k per annum when it might be worth £0.5M per annum in the Championship. The recent raft of signings does makes me wonder if RC does have appetite and ambition again?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 6:00]
Weston Homes and the County Champions on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 632 viewsbwildered

Notice the main WH logo, at the JCS stadium has now been removed .
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 18:38]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Weston Homes and the County Champions on 18:50 - Jul 6 with 614 viewspwrightsknees

Weston Homes and the County Champions on 05:54 - Jun 28 by noah4x4

It was evidently not enough.

When Head of Marketing of a FTSE250 company before my retirement I was significantly involved in sports sponsorship. IMHO what Weston Homes originally paid for title sponsorship of WHCS was an utter bargain and the company had a good ride for ten years for comparatively trivial cash. Every time a match report was published on (say) the BBC website or newspaper it usually mentioned "venue; Weston Homes Community Stadium". The fact that attendances are modest is irrelevant compared to the 'Media Value and far wider readership from that.

My guess is that what RC justifiably wanted for renewal was beyond what they were prepared to pay. So until the "right " TEN Year deal comes along, RC has taken it on himself. If we get promoted, then external corporate interest might rise. But there isn't any wisdom in giving away this valuable brand asset locked in over a long duration for merely the equivalent of (say) £100k per annum when it might be worth £0.5M per annum in the Championship. The recent raft of signings does makes me wonder if RC does have appetite and ambition again?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 6:00]

Excellent post, Noah.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024