Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Day 15:11 - Jul 15 with 1107 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody from here go today?
Open Day on 16:00 - Jul 15 with 1101 viewsFruitbat

Went to a couple previously when you could pick up your season ticket but now you don't have to do that there seems little point. The ones I did go to I probably spent no more than an hour at and most of that was spent in ticket office and shop queues. There seemed very little if interest to see.
Open Day on 17:48 - Jul 15 with 1083 viewsLeadbelly

Open Day on 16:00 - Jul 15 by Fruitbat

Went to a couple previously when you could pick up your season ticket but now you don't have to do that there seems little point. The ones I did go to I probably spent no more than an hour at and most of that was spent in ticket office and shop queues. There seemed very little if interest to see.

Very little of interest? There was "the ever popular inflatable darts game" for goodness sake. What more do you want?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Open Day on 18:43 - Jul 15 with 1072 viewsthrillseeker

I made the effort as live close by and had nothing better to do.

It was OK, nothing great, nothing bad. It is becoming nore of a sales event though.

Highlight was watching daughters chat/ get pictures with the players who genuinely tried to connect with them.

My biggest grumble was the lack of bins to place rubbish in
Open Day on 19:08 - Jul 15 with 1067 viewsFruitbat

Open Day on 17:48 - Jul 15 by Leadbelly

Very little of interest? There was "the ever popular inflatable darts game" for goodness sake. What more do you want?

Obviously if I'd known about that I'd have been first in lne.
Open Day on 21:23 - Jul 15 with 1049 viewsLeadbelly

Open Day on 19:08 - Jul 15 by Fruitbat

Obviously if I'd known about that I'd have been first in lne.

I thought as much.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Open Day on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 998 viewsnoah4x4

I went along. It killed an hour or so and I had nothing else to do, but I soon left. Apart from the CUSA stand and Football in the Community Office few of the activities had anything much to do with football or Col U. They included...

1. Samaritans - Surely not needed by fans until seasons end?
2. Mercury Theatre - Not much enthusiasm around that.
3. Mazda cars - Bloke looked bored. Nobody showing any interest.
4. Kids face painting - Doing a brisk trade.
5. Adult face painting - Those that succumbed should demand money back.
6. Various fitness clubs - I anxiously skipped past
7. Nature Watch - Charity extracting money.
8. Cake stand - I paused with interest - but too many calories
9. Spin to win - "Land on Eddie to win a prize" (yawn).
10. Army climbing wall - Kids only
11. Coconut Shy - Didn't see many punters.
12. Picture Frames - Doubt if they sold any.
13. Football Darts - Popular for the kids
14. Fire Engine - Worth a look.
15. Fire safety stand - Not busy.
16. Burger Bar - My favourite.
17. Stadium Tour - Wandered around - was worth a look.
17. Watch players train - West Stand half full (but it was the only shaded area).
18. Club Shop - The till queue at 11:30 was about 30 minutes.
19. Renew seasons etc - Only one ticket window. Long queues.

Overall impression; first time I have been to an Open Day and probably the last. The kids probably loved it but it was a tad limited for adults. I wonder if anybody bought the signed Anthony Wordsworth shirt or Drey Wrights signed boots? However, brisk business was being done as regards the new club shirts. No discount on last year's Green away strip - justification - "we can't wear blue & white stripes or new black camouflage against Notts County". General consensus appears to be; younger fans love the new away strip; but many of the older seem to hate it and fear we might get confused with some right wing paramilitary bunch of yobs. I wonder, is that why the kids love It?

After the demise of Talisman, CUSA confirmed the new relationship will be with Roman Coaches, who can't hold last year's suicidally low prices (so no surprise there). CUSA will manage bookings and discipline. Here is hoping for a 'quiet' coach and a 'kids' coach.

However, during the Stadium Tour (e.g. just wander around unguided) I had a great chat with John McGreal who was very sincere about his and the teams desire to bond with the fans. Plenty of evidence of that after the 'training'. The newcomers (Pell, Nouble etc) were gushing with enthusiasm. Then whilst fans acknowledged the shuttle bus situation was not within his remit McGreal said plenty of fans had mentioned this and he had noted their concern. None of us got chance to confront Tim Waddington or Matt Hudson as we didn't see them there. But plenty of fans were voicing opinion that Evening games were not accessible as it is too far from Mill Road Water Tower to get a bus and the Park & Ride is shut.
Open Day on 17:19 - Jul 16 with 981 viewsthrillseeker

Noah - the kids definitely loved it.

As I stated earlier I thought the players made a real effort to connect/ engage with the fans especially the younger ones. McGreal also seemed eager to engage which I found very positive.

I am lucky to live near ground so not fussed about shuttle bus. However the decision to fully cancel this service is going to have an impact on the club. It is already noticeable as out of our group of 6 regular attendees only myself and daughter have renewed our ST's.

The poor performances as well as shuttle cancellation are the main reasons for friends not to renew ST's. I am sure they will return if performances/ results improve
Open Day on 18:39 - Jul 16 with 974 viewsnoah4x4

I too live within walking distance of the ground, but refuse to drink there whilst the pouring rights remain with Green King IPA dishwater and the bars have the same breeze block ambience as the urinals. I speak for many real ale drinkers, some of which are the mutual colleagues that you also mention.

We hence chose to buy a legitimate Rover bus ticket to drink in town. We legitimately paid our fares and First Bus has evidently chosen not to account for our payments when recharging the club for the shuttle service. A 'match day rover' could be purchased any time after noon or a Colchester Rover (£4) before then from ANY bus stop. Others use regular bus passes. The 166 payments identified must only embrace those joining at Bruff Close, yet eight full buses departing means closer to 500 actual users.

In my regular group of about ten; following the shuttle bus decison; only three of us have renewed season tickets before the 'early bird' deadline. Two of those have chosen to do so on the 12 month plan with a view to stop paying after (say) two payments if results are poor or transport proves challenging. . Begs the question, will the club simply accept their departure or sue for the 10 month balance?

Yes, the kids will still come for a quid, but how many adults have been lost?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024